Forwards (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Frostie

Would’ve been nice to kidnap Fletcher yesterday, caused all kinds of problems with his physicality

£30k per week at 34 though 🤮

A younger, mobile version would be great & I'm certain will be high on Robins' wishlist.

mrtrench

Comfortable mid-table should be the goal next season. We're not going to be troubling the top slots for a while (ever?) whilst Premiership relegated clubs get £100m over three years as parachute payments. It's a system designed to stop massive player turnover for relegated clubs and rapid jumps in wage bills, which inadvertently also keeps the hoi polloi clubs, such as we have become, playing at the second tier at best.

Just read an interesting article on football money. Despite the huge pots of cash even the top clubs aren't making a profit. It's only sustainable as a vanity project for the super-rich.

Sky Blue Harry H

We will most certainly look to strengthen up-front with first team players, if VG comes in too we wouldn’t be holding onto Biamou.

Agree if money wasn't so tight, but as a 4th choice Max will be way cheaper than likely replacements. I just think with the juggling of finances, competition for players amongst clubs which will occupy time and money, Max is an easy/cheap one year option.

Sky Blue Harry H

I can't see a PL club loaning a striker to be fourth choice or even third choice so, unless your going to relegate Walker or Godden, that's a non-starter.

If a young PL striker (who will rarely if ever play during the season) gets 15-20 games in The Championship (more if successful) then a PL club - and player - will be happy with that in terms of experience, I would have thought.

Terry Gibson's perm

Although we beat stoke the st shows how far negligible we are when they brought off the bench Fletcher and Vokes who will both be on more than any of our players.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think Gyo would command a fee and be on relatively high wages for us - certainly more than a third choice should be on. To bring him in you'd have to be considering him as at least competition for the starting line up rather than a back-up. Chances are with Godden any third choice would get significant game time anyway.

mrtrench

It should say it shows how far behind we are, auto correct does some funny things

And it's so bloody cocky whilst it's doing it too - like it's absolutely certain you meant "how far negligent we are" rather than "how far behind we are" . I think Autocorrect is arrogant and would be a bore at parties, telling you how great it is.

Dickie

20 goals in 14 sub appearances! Baka has definitely been editing his Wiki.
‘Boss, look, see! I’m prolific!’

cov donkey kick

I think Gyo would command a fee and be on relatively high wages for us - certainly more than a third choice should be on. To bring him in you'd have to be considering him as at least competition for the starting line up rather than a back-up. Chances are with Godden any third choice would get significant game time anyway.
I would think gyo would get good game time as you can guarantee godden or walker will be injured.walker yesterday a dodgy knee,godden foot problem again not operable.
So I think even on a season loan he will get regular game time and a chance to become the main man up front.as for the first choices not fit there not.
As for max think he will get 1 more season as he's a cheap option can do a job of sorts.

Deity

We lack Pace and Physique. Our forwards are too easy to play against at this level.
I’d sell Godden, Biamou, release Baka.

Our finishing has been woeful all season.

cov donkey kick

Godden out for more rest,think robins now will be coming to terms with the fact he's not available and no guarantee that he will be fit for next season as 3 more months complete rest so will be well into pre season by then so think robins will have decided to replace and if so think it will change decision and move max on with godden becoming reserve in maxs place.

clint van damme

I’d actually look to move on Godden and release Biamou and Bakayoko.

We won't have the budget to replace all 3, at least not with any guarantee of improving the quality.

Id be OK with Godden and Walker first choice if we can keep them fit.

Hertsccfc

A fit Godden is good at this level and I feel reasonably confident Walker will prove to be next season. I feel we need another triker to challenge them. Not convinced it's Gyokeres

Sick Boy

If we can get any kind of fee for Godden and reinvest it then I’d sell him. Walker has more potential than Godden and i seeing him using his inhaler a couple of times during games suggests he has been impacted by COVID - hopefully with a full pre-season and more time to recover we’ll get the best out of him.

Sick Boy

We won't have the budget to replace all 3, at least not with any guarantee of improving the quality.

Id be OK with Godden and Walker first choice if we can keep them fit.
Thats the thing, we’re not going to and we end up in the same position as this season again.

clint van damme

Thats the thing, we’re not going to and we end up in the same position as this season again.

I think Walker should be ok but I have doubts about Godden.
But if we look to replace him it will still be a punt on lower league player or an EPL loan. We won't buy proven at this level.

Even just keeping Walker fit would be worth another 4 to 6 points in my opinion.
Couple that with a keeper upgrade and we should still be able to progress

cov donkey kick

I think Walker should be ok but I have doubts about Godden.
But if we look to replace him it will still be a punt on lower league player or an EPL loan. We won't buy proven at this level.

Even just keeping Walker fit would be worth another 4 to 6 points in my opinion.
Couple that with a keeper upgrade and we should still be able to progress
Maybe walker with gyo up front could be the way to go ,would depending on walker completing a full preseason and staying fit with max as reserve plus Fabio in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread