Forwards Next Season (4 Viewers)

kg82

Hiwula, Bright and Bakayoko, and Chaplin won't suddenly become good next season. If they are still with us, and I doubt they all will be, they will continue much the same as this season. They'll be inconsistent, blow hot and cold and miss tons of sitters. Why would they suddenly be different? And I can't believe everyone is writing Ponticelli off when he hasn't even been given a run of games. When did he last start a game? He's lucky if he gets 10 minutes.

Development, coaching, experience etc.

Also, Ponticelli has spent 90% of this season injured. Not “everyone” is writing him off. There are actually people on here that don’t jump straight to extreme statements. He needs a full season and pre-season where he’s not injured, probably out on loan in L2.

Edit: I’d also argue Hiwula and Bright are already good. And I wouldn’t say the other 2 are bad, they just need to develop.

Last edited:

Magwitch

It’s not so much the personnel it’s the system we now play, especially away, sucking teams in then breaking away with our all round forward pace puts the opposition on the back foot and wary of over committing themselves.
Get our home form right and I have Great Expectations.

Grendel

Hiwula, Bright and Bakayoko, and Chaplin won't suddenly become good next season. If they are still with us, and I doubt they all will be, they will continue much the same as this season. They'll be inconsistent, blow hot and cold and miss tons of sitters. Why would they suddenly be different? And I can't believe everyone is writing Ponticelli off when he hasn't even been given a run of games. When did he last start a game? He's lucky if he gets 10 minutes.

We’ve seen ponticelli you haven’t

Ricketts

Development, coaching, experience etc.

Also, Ponticelli has spent 90% of this season injured. Not “everyone” is writing him off. There are actually people on here that don’t jump straight to extreme statements. He needs a full season and pre-season where he’s not injured, probably out on loan in L2.

Edit: I’d also argue Hiwula and Bright are already good. And I wouldn’t say the other 2 are bad, they just need to develop.
Keeping the same would increase our average squad age by 20 or so. I love watching City at the moment, some of our football is immense.

The first 10 minutes against Burton was breathtaking. I still can't believe that result. Ditto Oxford.

Esoterica

Keeping the same would increase our average squad age by 20 or so. I love watching City at the moment, some of our football is immense.

The first 10 minutes against Burton was breathtaking. I still can't believe that result. Ditto Oxford.
Surely it will increase the average squad age by 1 not 20? :p

shmmeee

If Bright is coming back, we’ve got decent backup too, just missing a wide player in the Thomas mould.

??/Wakefield Bright/Chaplin Hiwula/Jones
Baka/Biamou

stupot07

Definitely need someone better than Bakayoko up top , and someone who delivers more end product than Thomas on the right.

This has been a good season, despite our deficiencies in the final third.

We need to be aiming at autos rather than scraping in 6th next season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread