Forum for City fans that live away from Cov (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

Oh wow what a zinger. You really got me there

Genuinely trying to help, while not totally ruling out the prospect that you're actually @Greggs

But if you're a real person and this needy I think you need some guidance. I can't do any more, I've tried.

Greggs

Haha! Strong denial, I think Greggs owns up when one of his wind ups gets rumbled - but could it be a double bluff?!'
Mate, come on! I'm not your normal type of bloke, but I lay low on here! I get too angry if I start actually replying to people. I thought you were sharper than this, I'll take it as a compliment though x

dan87

I’m in Cornwall but born in Cov, hardly missed a game at Highfield Road, lucky enough to be at all our Wembley finals, still get to most away games and several home games. I’m 57 now and have lots of memories good and bad!!
PUSB!!

tskezz

Grew up a street off highfield road, cant remember not supporting cov, dad was a steward and mum worked up there on different occasions. Moved to Manchester a few years ago but have a season ticket and go most away games. (Theres about 30 of us from around here that meet up for games)

Sky Blue Harry H

@Otis Good luck with the move mate (even though I've never met you) I had a bag of sweets all good to go for the Trillion, before you were sidelined by parental duties iirc? Hope you can still post on the forum now and then. Really chuffed that you have a new love and purpose in your life. Fingers crossed you'll get to a game now and then, but hopefully not Gillingham away!

curly_tom

I have never lived in Coventry, but my Dad grew up there so he inflicted this upon me. I used to live in Essex but now I live in SE London/Kent. Getting to games is not easy but I go to all the London and East Anglia games. PUSB

I also got the infliction from my dad who grew up there. I was born in Stratford but grew up in Herefordshire so only about 1.5 hrs from Cov. I'm pretty sure I've only ever been to Coventry on matchdays but started going in 1989 and my dad always used to take us to see the city so I know it pretty well. My nephews and niece are also now inflicted and live in Brum

CovBrummie94

Born in Cov. Moved to Birmingham when I was 5 and lived a stones throw away from Aston. Now over in Leamington, phase 1 STH but not part of L&W supporters club!

Sky Blue Harry H

@Otis Good luck with the move mate (even though I've never met you) I had a bag of sweets all good to go for the Trillion, before you were sidelined by parental duties iirc? Hope you can still post on the forum now and then. Really chuffed that you have a new lovw and purpose in your life. Hopefully you'll get to a game now and then, but hopefully not Gillingham away!

Skyblue1971

Lived in Banbury for 25 years and moved to Wensleydale in North Yorkshire 20 years ago. City fan since I was 5 (now 50) and will be there for the Boro match. CCFC member as tend to go to away games.

Theonlywayisskyblue

Dad was born in Catherine Street leading up to Highfield Road; he used to kick about in the street with the City players in the 40s and 50s. We moved away from Cov nearly 50 years ago but it's always in the blood and while my family live in the Midlands still I now live in Essex; close enough to Peterborough, Colchester, Southend and Ipswich but everywhere else is a trek and trying to get an away ticket is a real challenge. I kept my ST before the children arrived but not since. Our 12-year old son is getting the bug and his CCFC scarf arrived this morning. I did have to explain that not every away day is like Peterborough ! PUSB

skyblueinBaku

I am home, but will soon be away. Cov kid through and through, lived here all my life, but moving down to Kent in the next few months.
Sorry to hear you are leaving us, @Otis. Best of luck for your future.

TomS91

I've lived in Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Boston (USA), Durham, Brighton, London and now Hertfordshire. Never lived within 90 mins of Coventry but been a supporter all my life. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Terry_dactyl

Born in Cov and lived there until I was 18. Moved to london for university and stayed for about 10 years.
Then A year in Pompey and been in Cardiff now for about 17 years. Has it been that long!?

Don’t get to see us as much as when I lived in Cov - which was basically every home game -but probably make between 5-10 fixtures a season.
Diacoveringbthe VPN thing with ifollow means I’m pretty much watching all the matches now. Just planning my next return to Cov…meet up with all my mates (I’m the only one that left) and have a few beers. On this point, what the hell have they done to the Albany in Earlsdon?!?!

My dream is to return to live in Cov one day just so i can more easily go up the city. Mrs Dactyl and the kids are not so keen.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Dad was born in Catherine Street leading up to Highfield Road; he used to kick about in the street with the City players in the 40s and 50s. We moved away from Cov nearly 50 years ago but it's always in the blood and while my family live in the Midlands still I now live in Essex; close enough to Peterborough, Colchester, Southend and Ipswich but everywhere else is a trek and trying to get an away ticket is a real challenge. I kept my ST before the children arrived but not since. Our 12-year old son is getting the bug and his CCFC scarf arrived this morning. I did have to explain that not every away day is like Peterborough ! PUSB
"I now live in Essex..." Anywhere near Wickford?

Sbarcher

Born in Co Durham and parents moved to Leamington when I was a nipper. Started watching City when I was 8 or 9.
Now live just North of Oxford. Moving this week but just up the road.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hi Houch. No I’m near Colchester
I just wondered coz I lived in Wickford in 1958 for about a year and again in 1969 also for about a year. My dad and sister are both buried there. Haven't been down there for years. I really should go and visit their graves.

DannyThomas_1981

Born in Cov until 18. Then lived in London, Isle of Man, Barbados, Toronto, Qatar, New York and Abu Dhabi.
I've randomly met City fans in all of those places.
Always a Sky Blue and proud of it.

Otis

Born in Cov until 18. Then lived in London, Isle of Man, Barbados, Toronto, Qatar, New York and Abu Dhabi.
I've randomly met City fans in all of those places.
Always a Sky Blue and proud of it.
Wow, we are so closely aligned, cos I have lived in Foleshill, Potters Green, Radford and Keresley. Nearly moved to Coundon once too.

I love it when I hear of fellow globetrotters.

Users who are viewing this thread