Formula 1 (1 Viewer)

I am a HUGE F1 fan. I'll be getting up early in the morning for Qualifying and The Race like i do for every race :) I just hope that Sebastien Vettel doesnt win again. It will be like Schumacher all over again. Would quite like to see Mark Webber go out on a high with a title. Im routing for Jenson Button and ewis Hamilton but it would be nice to see Mark go out on a high. Either way, i cant wait for an amazing season. It's the only thing that keeps me going during the summer with no football

Si80

Alonso to break Sebs heart hopefully.

Always want to see Jenson do well, but agree with Liam. Would love to see the likes of Webber or Massa give it a real crack and get something before they step out of the sport. Both deserve a world title imo.

Stevearcade

I'm a big fan. Looking forward a lot. Should be very interesting with Lewis at Merc etc. All very interesting. I do enjoy both the politics and the racing.

TheHellion

Love F1, hoping JB has a good season in the McLaren. Really hoping we can see the 2005 era Kimi Raikkonen give Seb a thrashing.

I'd take anyone winning over Red Bull though. Just something about the team and Vettel that I don't like. I'm sure Seb is a really nice guy, but I don't like having the same guy win over and over again. It's why I hated the Schumacher years.

SkyBlueScottie

Horner is a city fan you know.

Cant see past Alonso or Vet tell for the title. Think McLaren made the wrong choice in redeveloping the car to such an extent. They have gone down a new development route especially as they ended up with the best car at the end of the season.

Love F1, hoping JB has a good season in the McLaren. Really hoping we can see the 2005 era Kimi Raikkonen give Seb a thrashing.

I'd take anyone winning over Red Bull though. Just something about the team and Vettel that I don't like. I'm sure Seb is a really nice guy, but I don't like having the same guy win over and over again. It's why I hated the Schumacher years.

They remind me of Bennetton on the mid 90's. Yes i know im 17 but i know a lot about F1. Basically they complained that everyone had illegal compartments on their cars, so they got them banned and it was common knowledge that Bennetton had those compartments after the ban. Plus they're bad losers. They're not the fun loving respectful team from 2005 anymore. I hate Red Bull. VIVA MCLAREN!

TheHellion

They remind me of Bennetton on the mid 90's. Yes i know im 17 but i know a lot about F1. Basically they complained that everyone had illegal compartments on their cars, so they got them banned and it was common knowledge that Bennetton had those compartments after the ban. Plus they're bad losers. They're not the fun loving respectful team from 2005 anymore. I hate Red Bull. VIVA MCLAREN!

Kind of see your point on the Benetton front. It's common knowledge that the Red Bull cars have attracted a lot of speculation over their legality in recent years. I think that has a lot to do with Adrian Newey. The guy is a genius, but he's known to introduce parts that stretch the regulations (There was a component on the McLaren MP4-13 that was banned, involving rear wheel braking, plus the controversy over the flexing wings) They do say though that designers always read the rules twice. Once to understand them, and a second time to see how far you can stretch them.

One thing I don't like about F1 now is that the cars don't look or sound as good as they did ten years ago (I started watching properly in 2001). It's an understandable point, but I loved the scream of a V10 revving at about 19,000 RPM at somewhere like Monza.

Gaz

I like watching and following the F1.
I'm not that much of an avid fan that I get up at 3 in the morning though.
But my old man is.
He goes and watches a few of the races and has done the OZ race before.

Have been silver stone for practise but never the actual race.

I want Mclaren to do well as there a British team and would love Jenson to win the Tittle again.
I think his new team mate Perez will be worth a watch and will surprise a few this season.
I also hope Webber will do well but doubt Hamilton will be up the top of the points table.

Vettel will of course be in with a great shout and will be hard to beat.
But my tip for the F1 crown, is Alonso.

As much as I don't wont him to win though.

C'mon Jenson !

Milky_1994

Woah I'm a seb fan so come in VETTEL can't wait to see Hamilton in Melbourne and Perez in the McLaren really hope he could be a contender this but let's hope McLaren have built a good car.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm a massive fan of F1 but so bloody annoyed that Sky have the TV contract - BBC only showing a handful again for a few years. I don't have Sky and even if I did, would still watch the superior BBC coverage.
Any hoo, that said, I would like to see JB win or my 2nd choice would be Felipe Massa. I think Romain Grosjean needs "L" plates, and Bruno Senna thinks he can be like his late Uncle Ayrton. He can't!

I'm a massive fan of F1 but so bloody annoyed that Sky have the TV contract - BBC only showing a handful again for a few years. I don't have Sky and even if I did, would still watch the superior BBC coverage.
Any hoo, that said, I would like to see JB win or my 2nd choice would be Felipe Massa. I think Romain Grosjean needs "L" plates, and Bruno Senna thinks he can be like his late Uncle Ayrton. He can't!

Sky coverage is much better than BBC IMO. Much more in depth, the programmes last longer and Sky are so dedicated to it that they gave it its own channe. But i think it is a little unfair that its not available to everyone anymore

scroobiustom

I think Perez has been "undersold" by McLaren - could cause a few upsets - If thats possible in a McLaren

He is sort of in a catch-22 situation though, if he does well its "a good car" if he struggles "he was a gamble".

kg82

McLaren seem to be struggling big time.

It was only practice so I was assuming they were on the mediums with a full tank? Mind you, I kept dozing off!

I also feel supporting Vettel is like supporting Man Utd! It's just too easy! JB fan, hope he has a good season. Normally does well in Melbourne too.

Users who are viewing this thread