Transfer Rumour Former player in talks with us! - Courtney Baker Richardson (5 Viewers)

Otis

He does and I hope we keep him as he offers something different, I would rather get rid of players like Beavon
Wow, two sides of a coin here, cos I think Beavon offers so much and Reid next to nothing.

One of my favourite City players over the past few seasons is Beavon. I really rate him. Find him intelligent, incredibly hard working and great at creating chances for others around him.

You get a consistently high level of performance week in week out with Beavon, while Reid shines once in a blue moon.

Terry Gibson's perm

Players like Beavon get teams promoted. Reid is a waste of space.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

goals will get you promoted he will not score more than 10 in a season, Reid doesn't know what he is doing so how can the opposition he causes confusion.

Otis

He causes frustration. As Strachan would say, one day a world beater, the next a carpet beater.

I hope we get shot sharpish! Not the sort of player we want or need here and not a team player.

Terry Gibson's perm

He causes frustration. As Strachan would say, one day a world beater, the next a carpet beater.

I hope we get shot sharpish! Not the sort of player we want or need here and not a team player.

The difference between him and Beavon is every few games he has a 8/10 game and then a few at 4/10 Beavon never gets above a 5/10 he looks busy without actually doing anything his scoring record is about one every five games which is pathetic

steve82

The difference between him and Beavon is every few games he has a 8/10 game and then a few at 4/10 Beavon never gets above a 5/10 he looks busy without actually doing anything his scoring record is about one every five games which is pathetic

Beavon creates space and gives opportunities for those around. Not ideally what you solely want from your striker if he did have goals to his game he'd be player higher still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Beavon creates space and gives opportunities for those around. Not ideally what you solely want from your striker if he did have goals to his game he'd be player higher still

So the most crucial aspect to his position he doesn't have the only way players like him can survive is if players around them score and we haven't got those players, I would rather have a Mick Quinn type who hangs around the box but scores loads than a player who runs around a lot and when he gets a chance misses it because he is tired.

steve82

So the most crucial aspect to his position he doesn't have the only way players like him can survive is if players around them score and we haven't got those players, I would rather have a Mick Quinn type who hangs around the box but scores loads than a player who runs around a lot and when he gets a chance misses it because he is tired.

I agree he needs players who can score and feed of him and exploit the gaps and errors he makes defenders make.
We didn't have that last year only a developing George Thomas.
If Thomas stays then we've him Vincenti and McNulty for next year to feed off.
However if Collins signs then naturally you'd play him as he's goals but Beavon is a asset to have.

Otis

I agree he needs players who can score and feed of him and exploit the gaps and errors he makes defenders make.
We didn't have that last year only a developing George Thomas.
If Thomas stays then we've him Vincenti and McNulty for next year to feed off.
However if Collins signs then naturally you'd play him as he's goals but Beavon is a asset to have.

He is indeed. I think we should definitely keep hold of him, but seemingly it is down to the player himself.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is indeed. I think we should definitely keep hold of him, but seemingly it is down to the player himself.

I can't imagine teams will be breaking the door down to get Beavon there are hundreds of non scoring strikers available

Samo

Erm... why doesn't he just tell us? 14 pages when one of our own apparently already knows ffs!

Terry Gibson's perm

That's funny....I seem to remember Burton getting back to back promotions with Beavon playing as a lone striker...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He has a worse scoring record than Marcus Tudgay, Burton got promoted on a mean defence

steve82

Beavon is always below a 6/10 he runs a lot so look busy but his game s very limited, strikers that don't score are about as useful as goalkeepers who can't catch

And we've him too...

Beavon wasn't fully fit too and developed a calf niggle if I'm right not long after he came which we wasn't able to let him heal as he was needed as the games came quickly.

He's a nightmare for defenders who he won't let have time on the ball to control or pass.

To me he's proved in a few games last year like Bolton and a few checkatrade games he's a asset and when fully fit playing at 100% he's worth his weight as long as the 3 behind are goal scorers.
That's the modern way. Goal scoring attacking midfielders and inside forwards.

Otis

Beavon is always below a 6/10 he runs a lot so look busy but his game s very limited, strikers that don't score are about as useful as goalkeepers who can't catch
We will just have to agree to differ then. Beavon is one of my favourite players and definitely one we should keep to my mind.

He is not a prolific goalscorer, he says so himself. He is a goal provider and great at holding the ball up in order for his fellow players to get forward and join the attack. He has a good touch and intelligence about him too.

I really rate him, so we will just have to disagree.

Terry Gibson's perm

And yet in both promotion seasons Beavon won player of the season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Because fans see good on players that run around Andy Morrell for us was the same for us. I don't want to criticise Burton as they have done well on meagre resources but every time I have seen them I thought they were poor

Users who are viewing this thread