Subs
Allsop
Willis
Swanson
Tudgay
Webster
Mcquoid
Thomas

I would give Burge 5 games if it is clear he is not ready yet I would look to get a loan experienced keeper in.

Last edited:
Alsop
Phillips Willis Reda Haynes
O'Brien Fleck Barton Swanson
Nouble Jackson

Subs:
Burge
Hines
Clarke
Pugh
Finch
McQuoid
Tudgay

Burge is a bit unpredictable for me. His kicking was woeful against Wycombe but the kid deserves his chance sooner rather than later. For now I'd stick with Alsop. Willis is a very bright prospect so I'd keep him in. Phillips was great last season when Cyrus was injured and with Clarke failing to shine at full back, I think it would be good to see Phillips being given a proper 1st team run. I stand by my opinion that Swanson would be better in a wide role. The centre is too congested for him. He doesn't have enough time on the ball to play his game and I think O'Brien could be even better on the right. He's getting pushed about playing in the centre so playing on the wing could give him a little reprieve. Finch deserves a chance in the 1st team too. He's a good little prospect and Pressley seems to like him and with Thomas down in the dumps, why not give Finchy a place on the bench?

stupot07

I'm not taking the piss liam, but that team would get steamrollered. 3 of the back four rookies, Barton and fleck would give them absolutely no protection in midfield. Bartons not even matchfit and hasn't even got a squad number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

He has. Check the back of the programme yesterday. And Willis and Haynes have been incredible this season. Age is just a number. If you're good enough, you're old enough. Barton has been treated like crap at Cov. Thomas is in woeful form so he doesn't deserve a place in the line-up. Daniels cant tackle for shit and his passing isn't much better. He's an attacker, not a midfielder, so he wouldn't get in my midfield either

Otis

I'm not taking the piss liam, but that team would get steamrollered. 3 of the back four rookies, Barton and fleck would give them absolutely no protection in midfield. Bartons not even matchfit and hasn't even got a squad number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Alsop
Phillips Willis Reda Haynes
O'Brien Fleck Barton Swanson
Nouble Jackson

On paper I have to say, that looks a truly shocking line-up.

We would get hammered playing that team. Midfield already looks like it's lacking strength and yet Liam would like to play Barton and Swanson?

Otis

Burge
Clarke Willis Reda Haynes
O'brien Thomas Fleck Swanson/Couli
Nouble Jackson

Burge (at least give him a try, or bring in another keeper)

Clarke, Willis, Johnson, Pugh

O'Brien, Fleck, (bring a strong, combatitive midfielder in) Haynes

Nouble, Jackson.

Swanson is a talented lad. He's not a central midfielder. He prefers to play on the wing, so why not give him a go. With Thomas not in form, theres not really many strong players we can put in Midfield, unless we play a diamond midfield with Reda as CDM

SkyBlue_Bear83

------------- Allsop
Clarke---Hines---Reda---Pugh
-----------Finch--- Fleck
--O'Brien-----Swanson---Coulibaly
----------------Nouble

Dunno if that would be any good, just throwing another suggestion out there.

Otis

Would like to see more of Finch in that midfield role.

Pressley has to be careful not to have too many young players in the side at once however.

stupot07

He has. Check the back of the programme yesterday. And Willis and Haynes have been incredible this season. Age is just a number. If you're good enough, you're old enough. Barton has been treated like crap at Cov. Thomas is in woeful form so he doesn't deserve a place in the line-up. Daniels cant tackle for shit and his passing isn't much better. He's an attacker, not a midfielder, so he wouldn't get in my midfield either

Barton hasn't been treated like crap since he's been here, he's just not been good enough to force his way in. We don't see them day in day out in training. He also went on loan to Fleetwood and was deemed not good enough to play a single minute.

Age is just a number but don't forget that with 3 at the back all the back 5 have someone covering them, not only does that bail them out it also gives them confidence that if they make the mistake there's someone else there.

stupot07

------------- Allsop
Clarke---Hines---Reda---Pugh
-----------Finch--- Fleck
--O'Brien-----Swanson---Coulibaly
----------------Nouble

Dunno if that would be any good, just throwing another suggestion out there.

I like that but would swap Swanson for o'brien, Jackson wide (square hole round peg I know), and would be a toss up between finch and Thomas. Don't think you cov can judge a player on one 45 min appearance.

He's had bad games, he's had good games. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, especially when everyone else in awful form. And to be fair, Fleetwood have a bloody good team

stupot07

He's had bad games, he's had good games. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, especially when everyone else in awful form. And to be fair, Fleetwood have a bloody good team

Both robins and Pressley have not rated an not trusted him. They saw him every day. He'll be gone in January, I can't see him making a single appearance for us this season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I like that but would swap Swanson for o'brien, Jackson wide (square hole round peg I know), and would be a toss up between finch and Thomas. Don't think you cov can judge a player on one 45 min appearance.

I think on Thomas form the last 6 months, Finch deserves a run of 4/5 games to see what he can do. If he isn't up to standard then bring Thomas back in.

Pressley seems to rate him highly and he seemingly has the attributes to make a good defensive midfielder, he's about 6 foot 2 so should bring a physical presence to the midfield and he's played centre back a few times already so defensively he should be sound. Just to sit in front of the defence and screen the back 4.

Otis

Sorry, but Barton is just not good enough. Left out in the wilderness by a succession of managers and nothing like the sort of player we require right now for this team.

savosdad

Banned
At least no one will be looking at any CCFC players in the transfer window, thats a good thing they can gel into totally useless because nothings gonna change thats a fact

WestEndAgro

Just looking at all your team selections/formations, and the penny has just dropped !

We have a trualy shocking squad with about three maybe four exceptions ?

rupert_bear

Barton is definitely not good enough never has been yet Waggott paid £100000 for him, is he the last player we paid money for ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just looking at all your team selections/formations, and the penny has just dropped !

We have a trualy shocking squad with about three maybe four exceptions ?

Most squads are shocking in this division, we should have enough to be around the top 10 or 8 teams.

stupot07

Didn't we pay for Adams?

Evo1883

Allsop
willis webster johnson pugh
coulibaly obrien fleck swanson
nouble Mqcoid

we need to buy or loan a winger and a central midfielder as i would like to see swanson and brien playing in their natural wide positions

we could play 5 in midfield with nouble on his own up top and slot in thomas as a holding player

Otis

What we have to be is adaptable.

It's fine to play 5-3-2 .... when it is warranted. Just don't think it right to stick rigidly to one formation come hell or high water.

We have to be able to adapt.

Lord_Nampil

What we have to be is adaptable.

It's fine to play 5-3-2 .... when it is warranted. Just don't think it right to stick rigidly to one formation come hell or high water.

We have to be able to adapt.

Especially when key players are out! We gave other players as well who can come in!

Users who are viewing this thread