Formal Planning Objection from CCFC (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

It was proved the CET suppressed statements and delayed statements at the behest of the council. As a journalist Reid proved he was above that and challenged it.

Gilbert is not a journalist. He just scribes what his lord and masters tell him to. He peddled his bias drivel on here and as soon as truth regarding suppression came out fled never to be seen again.

There is no comparison between these people.

So once Les had gone from the CT, did all these suppressed stories come out?

Shakeitup

It's an interesting read and fans of Coventry City will no doubt be happy.

However, If I detach myself from being a fan of the football club and understanding the importance of the Academy; I can't help but feel we're clutching at straws!

If you analyze the letter in a subjective manner you realize that there is emotive language used for persuasive effect, they state opinions to sound like facts and when they wish to counter the council or Wasps they guide the reader with a negative connotation, that then paints CCFC in a good light.

ceetee

No I don't believe they have the right. But if you know they have done this then it's proving my point. You don't have to believe what you read you have to make your mind up if it's valid or relates to you or your belief dystem, if it's not then move on. The truth will always come out, no matter who pushes the agenda.
i am not disagreeing with what you say. We should always bear in mind that newspapers and journalists have an agenda and try to seperate the truth from the spin. However when events or decisions go deliberately unreported we don't know about them and can not make that judgement

Ashdown

Why the fuck are we hated so much??? I know SISU have stirred up a can of worms but fucking hell there must be some serious back handers going on !!!!
The moment SISU started threatening individuals at the council with litigation they became public enemy number 1 ! The wankers have brought all this down upon themselves but more importantly down on our football team. I wish to fuck we had gone bust a la Leicester all them years ago and began again at that point. The club will be left in tatters when they leave and all the while we have missed the money trail and drop further back. We will become like Wakefield eventually at this rate, a large population without a recognised football club.

Nick

Administrator
The moment SISU started threatening individuals at the council with litigation they became public enemy number 1 ! The wankers have brought all this down upon themselves but more importantly down on our football team. I wish to fuck we had gone bust a la Leicester all them years ago and began again at that point. The club will be left in tatters when they leave and all the while we have missed the money trail and drop further back. We will become like Wakefield eventually at this rate, a large population without a recognised football club.
So you think they are working together to screw the club over to get at sisu? Surely you would be annoyed at that?

Ashdown

Of course they are and yes I'm annoyed......................but I'm annoyed too at why they are after these hedge fund scumbags !

Bruce the Boot

Correct .... Why people defend Sisu is beyond me!

Bruce the Boot

So you think they are working together to screw the club over to get at sisu? Surely you would be annoyed at that?

Nobody is working against Sisu , they just wont have anything todo with them.

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm wholeheartedly behind this, the club has been totally ignored in all this.
I hope they can actually get together and sort it out with mature reasonable discussion, which they can do if the will is there, to avoid anymore legal nonsense.
I just wish they would leave that massive bellend Fisher off the bottom oin the signatures, it just doesn't help to have his name involved though obviously as Chairman he has to be there in some way.

Nick

Administrator
I'm wholeheartedly behind this, the club has been totally ignored in all this.
I hope they can actually get together and sort it out with mature reasonable discussion, which they can do if the will is there, to avoid anymore legal nonsense.
I just wish they would leave that massive bellend Fisher off the bottom oin the signatures, it just doesn't help to have his name involved though obviously as Chairman he has to be there in some way.
I did notice it had Venus too.

Captain Dart

It's an interesting read and fans of Coventry City will no doubt be happy.

However, If I detach myself from being a fan of the football club and understanding the importance of the Academy; I can't help but feel we're clutching at straws!

If you analyze the letter in a subjective manner you realize that there is emotive language used for persuasive effect, they state opinions to sound like facts and when they wish to counter the council or Wasps they guide the reader with a negative connotation, that then paints CCFC in a good light.

You'd have a field day deconstructing one of Les Reids articles then.

Gazolba

That letter uses the words 'robust' and 'robustness' too many times.

Captain Dart

I did notice it had Venus too.

He is a director. Why didn't Director of Sky Blues Sports and leisure Laura Deering sign?

Captain Dart

chiefdave

No I don't believe they have the right. But if you know they have done this then it's proving my point. You don't have to believe what you read you have to make your mind up if it's valid or relates to you or your belief dystem, if it's not then move on. The truth will always come out, no matter who pushes the agenda.
Problem with that theory is that the majority of people see a Telegraph headline and take it as the gospel truth, often not even reading the article. There's zero chance of something suppressed for months making an impression on most.
So once Les had gone from the CT, did all these suppressed stories come out?
It did indeed however as it was time sensitive it was job done for CCC.

chiefdave

The moment SISU started threatening individuals at the council with litigation they became public enemy number 1!
You do appreciate that ACL, part owned by CCC took legal action against SISU several times before SISU started the JR?

Captain Dart

You do appreciate that ACL, part owned by CCC took legal action against SISU several times before SISU started the JR?
Yeah, and they won because they had a cast iron case. Tell me how many legal actions SISU have actually won?

olderskyblue

Problem with that theory is that the majority of people see a Telegraph headline and take it as the gospel truth, often not even reading the article. There's zero chance of something suppressed for months making an impression on most.

It did indeed however as it was time sensitive it was job done for CCC.

Was this before, or after his settlement tribunal?

The Reverend Skyblue

What this boils down to for me is the over riding arrogance of Wasps and the CFS to think they can ignore the biggest sporting club in this fair city.
We pulled in 30,000 for a third rate cup semi final , yet if the insects reached theEuropean Cup final in rugby they would have to give 10,000 of those tickets free to reach our figure.
They know that and so does this pathetic sports foundation, they try to belittle the club at their every move but they do so at their peril. Rugby will never ever be as big as football as hard as they try, let them try to undermine the 130 year old football club but as are as they try over the coming decades they will never be as big as the footie club.
We are the premier sporting club in the city and always will be. Yes we are going through troubled times but cross the club continually you will never succeed.
Wasps should be working with us to build a business in this city, not the other way. What comes around goes around.
SISU are shit but they won't be our owners forever.,

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

Actually Fisher is more shit than SISU , and has caused so much damage to the reputation of the club ,he alone through his arrogance and incompetence needs to resign and go fourth for any damage reparation to begin between the three parties, but I stand by what I've said above, who the hell do Wasps a two year old company and CSF a one year old company ,think they are.
We are the premier club in he city and always will be, so you work with us if you want to achieve success in Cov

Last edited:

Ian1779

What this boils down to for me is the over riding arrogance of Wasps and the CFS to think they can ignore the biggest sporting club in this fair city.
We pulled in 30,000 for a third rate cup semi final , yet if the insects reached theEuropean Cup final in rugby they would have to give 10,000 of those tickets free to reach our figure.
They know that and so does this pathetic sports foundation, they try to belittle the club at their every move but they do so at their peril. Rugby will never ever be as big as football as hard as they try, let them try to undermine the 130 year old football club they will never be as big as the footie club.
We are the premier sporting club in the city and always will be. Yes we are going through troubled times but cross the club continually you will never succeed.
Wasps should be working with us to build a business in this city, not the other way. What comes around goes around.

Amen to every word.... If the club were smart we'd be going hell for leather for promotion or EFL cup success this season - that's how we will beat these scumbags.

letsallsingtogether

They know that and so does this pathetic sports foundation, they try to belittle the club at their every move but they do so at their peril. Rugby will never ever be as big as football as hard as they try, let them try to undermine the 130 year old football club they will never be as big as the footie club.
Yes Wasps should be working with us the problem is do the football club want to work with anyone?
I believe not they alienate themselves don't turn up for meetings and are just arrogant and simply untrustworthy.
Wish I was wrong.

Skyblueweeman

The thing is, no one can go bust 'a la Leicester'...things changed after they pretty much got away scot free from going bust. When we 'could've', we would've suffered a lot more than they did.

I worked at Southampton FC when they went into admin...without looking at dates, probably about 6 or 7 years after Leicester? It was horrible...we were going home on a Friday not knowing if the stadium would be locked up on a Monday morning...the same never applied for Leicester. They deserved to win the PL last season but the way they escaped from going bust is one of the luckiest escapes in football in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, SISU have ballsed up but going bust wouldn't necessarily have resulted in a better position at the moment...

WM

Covstu

Reading more of the comments on CET where so called city fans are revelling in this mess, cannot understand this. We all know SISU are cunts but this is about the long term future of our club and academy. People seem to be happy just get get one up on SISU, fucking grow up and see the bigger picture.

As for the club, we should have been negotiating this a year ago not when we heard the wasps news.

Wasps are playing a dangerous game, they have chosen to go toe to toe with us, some sheep are following them but I would like to think that the bulk of the fans in Coventry and surrounding areas will see through the shiney PR and not back them. Sad case is that they didn't need to take this aggressive approach against us but this is looking like an extermination

Covstu

Yes Wasps should be working with us the problem is do the football club want to work with anyone?
I believe not they alienate themselves don't turn up for meetings and are just arrogant and simply untrustworthy.
Wish I was wrong.
I think what we see and what is publicised are two different things here. I have no doubt sisu haven't helped here but the other side of the fence has as much teeth and venom but are approaching it in a very different fashion.

tisza

I'm still unclear. wasn't it part of Wasps proposal to the council when "bidding" for the Ricoh that they would develop the land next to it for training etc.?

stupot07

Reading more of the comments on CET where so called city fans are revelling in this mess, cannot understand this. We all know SISU are cunts but this is about the long term future of our club and academy. People seem to be happy just get get one up on SISU, fucking grow up and see the bigger picture.

As for the club, we should have been negotiating this a year ago not when we heard the wasps news.

Wasps are playing a dangerous game, they have chosen to go toe to toe with us, some sheep are following them but I would like to think that the bulk of the fans in Coventry and surrounding areas will see through the shiney PR and not back them. Sad case is that they didn't need to take this aggressive approach against us but this is looking like an extermination
The fans on the CT are a disgrace. Anyone reading neutral reading the article and scrolling down to the comment will think they are representative of all us fans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Why do people always start with "Yes Sisu are at fault, but" ?

Anyway, there is room enough at Higgs for both with a little work from all parties.
CCFC don't have a given right to be there so need to be more proactive in getting what they want. They don't want to invest money in the complex, like Wasps, so will need to rent the facilities. CCFC are the conduit into the FA for any proposal that they can get agreed and no doubt there will be a bit of toing and throwing to get an acceptable proposal. CA appears to want a letter saying what's on offer so he can compare it 100% to the Academy criteria. 'It ain't gonna work'
However they seem to be expecting everybody else to drive this on while challenging the very organisations that they need to help them in court.
'It ain't gonna work' and Sisu need to reconsider their stance, particularly as there is little chance of success.

italiahorse

I'm still unclear. wasn't it part of Wasps proposal to the council when "bidding" for the Ricoh that they would develop the land next to it for training etc.?

I can't see how a training ground is physically possible at the Ricoh so I would say it's more about other developments on the complex or in the car parks.

Users who are viewing this thread