Formal Planning Objection from CCFC (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

So if we are just going to go off of statements why did the council let wasps move here as they were looking for London?

They have said a few times they want it to be long term at the higgs haven't they?

They have claimed on the record since then Multiple times they want to be there long term.

If it is a bluff, it would be so easy for wasps to call it by putting details in writing wouldn't it. Especially as ccfc have put so much emphasis into it being in writing.
Nick you Grendel Chief Dave and Sisu keep going on about putting it all in writing, when was the last time our owners put anything in writing, when is the last time they have put out minutes of meetings without withholding items, when is the last time they have answered our questions honestly without using confidenciality goes on all the time yet you accept it from them.

I personally think their all a bunch of C...s. Just waiting for our next signing so we can push for promotion and have a happier season PUSB

Kingokings204

Did Chris Anderson fail to turn up for a meeting that he had agreed to attend? If he hadn't agreed to attend in the first place, why make anything of the fact that he didn't attend?
And even if he had said he would attend - and is there actually any proof he did say he would? - he would still have been wise not to attend if it became apparent at any stage that the meeting was not being held in good faith.

I can't believe that so many City fans believe a word that Wasps and CCC say. It's utterly disgraceful - and no more than 10% SISU's fault.

I don't blame sisu 100% but why isn't it more 50-50. Interesting

letsallsingtogether

Did Chris Anderson fail to turn up for a meeting that he had agreed to attend? If he hadn't agreed to attend in the first place, why make anything of the fact that he didn't attend?
And even if he had said he would attend - and is there actually any proof he did say he would? - he would still have been wise not to attend if it became apparent at any stage that the meeting was not being held in good faith.

I can't believe that so many City fans believe a word that Wasps and CCC say. It's utterly disgraceful - and no more than 10% SISU's fault.
If he had not agreed to turn up to the meeting why would he then phone them to say sorry I am not coming?
And where did he get the information from to tell him beforehand that it was not being held in good faith.
Talking of good faith look no further then our owners.
As for 10% sisu fault can't believe that any City fan would be gullible enough to believe that.

Nick

Administrator
Nick you Grendel Chief Dave and Sisu keep going on about putting it all in writing, when was the last time our owners put anything in writing, when is the last time they have put out minutes of meetings without withholding items, when is the last time they have answered our questions honestly without using confidenciality goes on all the time yet you accept it from them.

I personally think their all a bunch of C...s. Just waiting for our next signing so we can push for promotion and have a happier season PUSB
Haven't they put in writing a few times they want to be there long term? This thread is about something in writing.

letsallsingtogether

What do you want the club to put in writing that they are refusing to?.

Where our new ground is going to be.
when are they looking at starting to build.
what is actually going to happen to the academy.
what is the alternative to the academy.
what are the future plans for our club.
How much is our players budget.
here are just a few I would like to know.
Don't care about court cases don't care who does and doesn't like us just want to support my team in a better atmosphere, before they lose the rest of us.

Chipfat

Problem Sisu have is nobody of any influence believes them or thinks that they have true intentions to be open and honest. It doesn't matter what we think or say it's all bullocks in the grand scheme of things.

In the end Sisu are paying now for multiple errors of judgement while at the club. They have kept on the same path that has got them nothing and carry on doing so. My opinion in only 3 options are open, stay on the current path, build invest in an Academy or go.

As for minutes, recordings or obligations is suits every other party in this to keep Sisu at arms length. Others want talks but don't need talks as there future is planned. Sisu need talks because without it the future gets bleaker by the day.

Ian1779

As for minutes, recordings or obligations is suits every other party in this to keep Sisu at arms length. Others want talks but don't need talks as there future is planned. Sisu need talks because without it the future gets bleaker by the day.

The problem is that the parties don't give 2 shits about the fans of the club, their petty grudges will cost us not them.

Wasps turned up promising they wanted to become part of the city - when in fact they just want to steamroller us into submission.

As for the duplicitous CCC - whining and bitching about the emotional strain of moving a club from its own time... Only to mediate the same thing less than 6 months later. Utter hypocrites every fucking one of them.

Anyone that buys their bullshit is almost as culpable.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The problem is that the parties don't give 2 shits about the fans of the club, their petty grudges will cost us not them.

Wasps turned up promising they wanted to become part of the city - when in fact they just want to steamroller us into submission.

As for the duplicitous CCC - whining and bitching about the emotional strain of moving a club from its own time... Only to mediate the same thing less than 6 months later. Utter hypocrites every fucking one of them.

I suppose two out of three ain't bad

Kingokings204

I agree.

What about sisu though? You missed them out it seems.

Chipfat

I agree none of the parties give a shit about our club and that includes Sisu. My point is the others don't have to talk or care about the club. Sisu do, even though caring for it due to trying to recoup from a bad investment, not because of fans, history or the city.

hutch1972

Sorry if it has already been mentioned , but was the sale to wasps by ccc dependent on no decisions by them which may have a detrimental effect on either the football or rugby clubs ?
Didn't take them long to fuck off that idea , wankers !, every last one of them.

skybluetony176

So it wasn't something the club put in writing? It also says they want the academy to stay there long term doesn't it?

They've also said not long ago that they aren't. Clarify the position in no uncertain terms. We're not building our own academy, our only plan and s long term at the AEHC. To simple? Why your opposition to clarity?

letsallsingtogether

So it wasn't something the club put in writing? It also says they want the academy to stay there long term doesn't it?
Nick it is alright putting it in writing but what are they actually doing about it?
I don't really care about in writing unlike some others I am just on a wind up.
I just want to see progress and if they are going to use a letter as an excuse well we really are doomed.

Samo

Sorry if it has already been mentioned , but was the sale to wasps by ccc dependent on no decisions by them which may have a detrimental effect on either the football or rugby clubs ?
Didn't take them long to fuck off that idea , wankers !, every last one of them.

Indeed it was. Although IMO the sale itself, no matter what conditions, was inherently detrimental to both Coventry clubs.

chiefdave

Where our new ground is going to be.
when are they looking at starting to build.
what is actually going to happen to the academy.
what is the alternative to the academy.
what are the future plans for our club.
How much is our players budget.
here are just a few I would like to know.
Don't care about court cases don't care who does and doesn't like us just want to support my team in a better atmosphere, before they lose the rest of us.
There is no new ground
See above
Depends on what happens at Higgs
No academy
Run at break even - past that the owners don't really care what happens
Was covered at the last SCG meeting

Here to help :)

chiefdave

They've also said not long ago that they aren't. Clarify the position in no uncertain terms. We're not building our own academy, our only plan and s long term at the AEHC. To simple? Why your opposition to clarity?
How much clarity do you need? Anderson told CSF they would move the first team to Higgs if it gave them the assurance they needed that the club would be there long term.

Nick

Administrator
How much clarity do you need? Anderson told CSF they would move the first team to Higgs if it gave them the assurance they needed that the club would be there long term.
If x was said, it would always require y wouldn't it, if that was said also, it would need z.

Nick

Administrator
There is no opposition, I just thought it was clear when they said they wanted to be there long term?

letsallsingtogether

There is no opposition, I just thought it was clear when they said they wanted to be there long term?
But what have they done to be pro active about it cant just sit there and expect everyone to do your work for you, that just doesn't work in the real world.

Orca

The thread was about the fact that CCFC had finally put in writing their objections to the Wasps development at the AEHC.

The response does say they want to stay there long term. Fine. I've made my feelings clear about how I think they should be going about it and sitting around a table to discuss it like grownups is the first step. No need to have pre-conditions, just try and be businesslike and work things out. When you've agreed, put it writing for everyone to sign and move forwards. If no agreement can be reached then I'm afraid the game is up and SISU and CCFC have to find somewhere else for the Academy or more likely IMO, close it.

Against the backdrop of all that is the statement, still on the club website, that reads:"The vision incorporates a first team-Academy training facility – a facility that is designed and built to facilitate and future proof a Category One status. Having the first team and Academy working on the same site inspires." Laudable, but laughable.

That statement is a clear contradiction to the statements made in their recent response to the Council and frankly, anyone that can't see that is deluded. SISU have employed idiot after idiot to run our club and we're left to bicker amongst ourselves, arguing about Wasps or the Council or CSF or SISU being at fault. I fucking hate the lot of them, but I find SISU most culpable of all. The have presided over our club and made every relationship they've needed to develop to improve their chances of success poisonous. Everyone they need help from, or need to build a solid businesslike foundation with, is pulling up the drawbridge.

Nick

Administrator
What is contradictory in terms of the statements to the council? Surely a good thing that they are actually saying they want to be there long term is it? Whether it contradicts something from over a year ago in that point list anyway?

ccfcway

As Chris said himself on 13th Jan this year when referring to Wasps..

"There’s nothing that is impossible to overcome. There are issues we can tackle together.”

In my opinion, either a deal will be done or we are going to court.

Captain Dart

I find it odd that the club waited until 26 days after the deadline for raising objections to raise their objection. If I was bothered about a planning matter I'd make sure my feelings were known in good time.
It smells like they were caught on the hop again and took some time to concoct, I mean consider their case.

Grendel

It smells like they were caught on the hop again and took some time to concoct, I mean consider their case.

What's your username on the CET site? Bet it's Riva.

skybluetony176

I don't need any clarity but if the appeal is going to have a chance the clubs intentions do. Having statements out there contradicting what's in the appeal does not help it. Why wouldn't you want the club to address that? Especially when a simple statement on the clubs website and naturally in the Observer is all it needs.

Orca

What is contradictory in terms of the statements to the council? Surely a good thing that they are actually saying they want to be there long term is it? Whether it contradicts something from over a year ago in that point list anyway?

That's not what I said Nick.
One statement says we're staying long term at AEHC. The other still says we're building an integrated Cat1 academy and 1st team facility. We can do both and will probably do neither.

The fact that it's still on the club's website shows how badly run we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skybluetony176

One statement says we're staying ling term at AEHC. The other still says we're building an integrated Cat1 academy and 1st facility. We can do both and will probably do neither.

Is it still on the clubs website?

Nick

Administrator
One statement says we're staying ling term at AEHC. The other still says we're building an integrated Cat1 academy and 1st facility. We can do both and will probably do neither.

What are the dates on them both? Surely if they have said since the want aehc long term with no mention of building it's a case of changing. Or are they saying both at the same time?

If they delete the article, im sure nobody would be having digs about that either...

Users who are viewing this thread