Forget the Rotherham game! (1 Viewer)

Cranfield Sky Blue

We’ve got a bloody big game to win on Saturday. Don’t show disrespect to Rochdale. We have a terrible record there, going back years. I know this is a new sky blues but let’s not get carried away! (OK, maybe a little bit)

PUSB

W

westcountry_skyblue

Yes I agree but we are a different animal this season 3-1 if it’s on.
Henderson to score for them as he always does against us!!!

Tommo1993

Fully agree. Rotherham, Sunderland and Ipswich seem to be the be all and end all. When there’s plenty of other games for us to fuck up after those.

Mcbean

One game at a time gentlemen that’s what MR will be doing - he will be very happy if we can get 3 on Saturday - oh and I will

SkyBlueCRJ

I don't think anyone is necessarily underrating them. In the match thread plenty of posters have pointed out that Rochdale have held two Premier League clubs to a draw so they can clearly punish an opposition if they switch off.

It's still a fixture where we should be getting 3 points though if we're to push on and bridge a gap between us and the play-off spots. This just applies even more so due to the challenging 3-game run in after Rochdale.

SkyBlueCRJ

Fully agree. Rotherham, Sunderland and Ipswich seem to be the be all and end all. When there’s plenty of other games for us to fuck up after those.

True. But also one key element to achieving promotion as it is with avoiding relegation is beating the teams around you. So, whilst those three fixtures aren't the be all and end all it would still be a pretty significant kick in the teeth if the worst case scenario happened and we lost all three. Obviously like you said there's still plenty of games we could cock up after Rotherham, Sunderland and Ipswich but I just can't see that happening if we came out of those three games relatively unscathed.

fernandopartridge

Let's just concentrate on points on the board, that's all we need to do. We don't know what the implications are of the Rotherham game yet, we could win on Saturday and Rotherham lose or draw which makes it less 'must win' when we play them.

Users who are viewing this thread