Forget Keys' tweets, here's a better one. (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

Best goal ever I've seen at Highfield road. My Brother in law sat behind us in the Sky Blue stand and half strangled me for 30 seconds when it went in. The place went berserk by us for minutes afterwards. Great memories.

skybluedan

I was there west terrace,remember that day well because i followed through and shit me pants at half time,sc raped it out and was there for the rest of the game with the worst skid marks you ever seen

ICHAN

I was there west terrace,remember that day well because i followed through and shit me pants at half time,sc raped it out and was there for the rest of the game with the worst skid marks you ever seen

Shame you never saved them for KD Dan. :)

kg82

The weird thing is, that goal may never have been seen in todays game. Just before Huck gets the ball I think it's Willie Boland gets fouled and actually goes to ground but gets straight back up and gives Huckerby the ball. Today, I bet most refs would give the free kick instantly!

rustyredline

Sorry to change subject but... does anyone remember when we beat Blackburn 5-0 at highfield road in the snow, playing with an orange ball. I was at that match i remember Dublin and Ndlovu scored I think Solako as well. I feel lucky to have been around during them years for the sky blues when we had Dublin, Huckerby, Solako, Whelan, Hedman, Robbie Keane, Hadji, Chippo. I wonder if the sky blues will ever have such talent again all can do is hope. Makes me so sad when I think what of has happened to our club in the last 15 years.

kg82

Sorry to change subject but... does anyone remember when we beat Blackburn 5-0 at highfield road in the snow, playing with an orange ball. I was at that match i remember Dublin and Ndlovu scored I think Solako as well. I feel lucky to have been around during them years for the sky blues when we had Dublin, Huckerby, Solako, Whelan, Hedman, Robbie Keane, Hadji, Chippo. I wonder if the sky blues will ever have such talent again all can do is hope. Makes me so sad when I think what of has happened to our club in the last 15 years.

Yeah, I was at that game. A few others of note are against Chelsea when they had to wear our away kit and Newcastle when Given was the only Irishman not to know where Dublin was!!

TheHellion

Just watching that Hucks goal brings a nostalgic tear to the eye. And to think, did any of us ever really imagine back then that we'd ever find ourselves where we are now? When you look at some of the players we've had wear our famous Sky Blue over the years, it's sometimes nice to sit back and think"Yeah, we were up there once, a relative David amongst the Goliaths of English football at the time"

Sad, also, to think that so many of our younger fans can't share memories like this, or the boxing day feast against Arsenal, or those famous wins over Liverpool. In fact, so much has since I was an 8 year old lad watching those games back then, that sometimes I find it hard to believe I'm watching the same football club. Truly was a different time.

Astute

The problem with our good memories of those days is that was when we were not living within our means. The start of where we are now.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember that one kg82! Brilliant cheeky goal! :claping hands:

Darth Robins

Ah memories, that was a bloody good day

[video=youtube;bcdWGPjDXb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcdWGPjDXb8[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread