Forests Run: Blessing in Disguise (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Sheepy

Having spoken with a Forest fan, there next few games include Pompey, Donny and Millwall. If they beat a few of them, coupled with us winning of course, it could do us a huge favour! Depends on Brizzle too ofc. we have to catch them.

rob9872

We do ned to rely on teams around us unfortunately unless our away form suddenly has an unexpected upturn. I'm undecided on if I would rather have more teams involved (eg like Forest) by all drawing or if we could condemn a couple and have a 50/50 fight out for the final spot. One things for sure that it will go down to the wire and if we're still in with a chance at that stage, then I think we have enough character to "get lucky".

CovLis86

I do hate this kind of stage of season, because i cant always work out who i want winning or drawing! All depends on other results and the next few results. But above all else, Coventry need to get a good run going away, even if thats drawing and keep up our good results at home to even stand a chance.

Otis

No, don't think it will do us a favour, it will just narrow the options of teams we can catch.

I would rather one beats the other and then another beats that one and then someone else beats them, so they keep taking points off each other while we sneak up the league.

CovLis86

No, don't think it will do us a favour, it will just narrow the options of teams we can catch.

I would rather one beats the other and then another beats that one and then someone else beats them, so they keep taking points off each other while we sneak up the league.

Dont know how much i agree with this, as this means we MUSt win a handful of games to catch any of them up. Whereas if one team beats them all, we could potentially only have to win 1 or 2 games depending on other results.

Otis

Well that's the other thing. Draws all round might be good, but if Forest beat Doncaster but then Millwall beat Forest etc. etc. that could work in our favour, rather than a couple of teams pulling clear. As long as we keep picking up points ande beat Doncaster and Milwall and Bristol we would be okay.

SonofErnie

Well that's the other thing. Draws all round might be good, but if Forest beat Doncaster but then Millwall beat Forest etc. etc. that could work in our favour, rather than a couple of teams pulling clear. As long as we keep picking up points ande beat Doncaster and Milwall and Bristol we would be okay.

I think your maths needs a bit of brushing up on. if teams around us keep beating each other they will be averaging 1.5 pts per game, drawing will mean a 1 pt per game average. You need at least 2 teams to keep losing these games and and for Coventry to win the games against fellow strugglers.

Otis

I think your maths needs a bit of brushing up on. if teams around us keep beating each other they will be averaging 1.5 pts per game, drawing will mean a 1 pt per game average. You need at least 2 teams to keep losing these games and and for Coventry to win the games against fellow strugglers.

They will only average 1.5 pts per game against these teams. They do have other matches to play you know against teams at the other end of the table as well as down the bottom. They don't only play each other and only the ones in a relegation scrap.

We don't need any of the teams down there pulling clear. If Forest beat Doncaster and Millwall and Portsmouth they will probably be well clear of any danger.

lesturd

The unfortunate thing is that alot of the teams around us have more home games left than away ones. I think the sides that have 14 games left all seem to have 8 at home and 6 away.

CUS Wyken

End of it all, aslong as we win our games fuck the rest. Should be concentrating on our team results instead of others

Otis

Agreed.

No good other teams slipping up if we don't pick up the required points ourselves.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They will only average 1.5 pts per game against these teams. They do have other matches to play you know against teams at the other end of the table as well as down the bottom. They don't only play each other and only the ones in a relegation scrap.

We don't need any of the teams down there pulling clear. If Forest beat Doncaster and Millwall and Portsmouth they will probably be well clear of any danger.
Yea but his point using your example Forest would gain 3 points from 2 games where as draws in both would be better as Forest only get 2 points from 2 games and take points off the team they are playing at the same time.

Otis

He at one point actually talked of 2 teams keeping losing these games ........................... pretty tough ask considering they all keep playing each other. :D

It was someone else who mentioned draws and I happen to agree with them. Just better though to keep as many teams down there within touching distance as possible.

And if they do get an average of 1.5 points for these few games then if we win will will be getting 3 points to their 1.5.

Last edited:

skybluelee

Otis, we are better off if the games involving teams around us end in draws rather than taking alternate wins off each other. That way in each game only 2 points are being awarded rather than 3!

Otis

Yes. This is something I have already agreed with.

Much better for them all to be draws of course. I never wanted to give the impression that I was suggesting teams beating each other would be better than draws all round.

Draws indeed would be the best solution by far and that goes without saying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread