Forest bid for John Fleck (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mcgugan plays for Watford

Paterson is the lad from Cov and is still at Nottingham Forest, he's more of a wide player.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Even if we don't sell Fleck, he's out of contract in a year and will leave for free anyway next summer. His agent will be touting around every championship club by January and by the time we offer a contract his head will be elsewhere.

skybluepm2

I'm still wondering if there is anything at all in the 'unfit' line that SP came out with on Saturday. Wouldn't be the first time he's come out with bullshit to cover up SISU's actions. Fleck was different class during his cameo on Saturday and I'm not surprised that there is interest in him. SISU have no resolve whatsoever and will cave at the first sniff of a fifty pound note. How did Southampton gain success? They kept hold of their players, told the vultures to fuck off and got back to back promotions whilst at the same time quadrupling their income and assets. £100m in their coffers since the end of last season. One more season out of Wilson and we could've been looking at at least double what we received from Bournemouth.

Someone needs to ask SP what this so called long term plan involves! He is beginning to piss a number of the fans off with 'Access to all revenues..the club needs to own it's own stadium' party line.. 'A number of home grown players in the 1st team is the dream blah blah'. We have no choice but to blood the youth because of where SISU have dragged us to. Is there any way 5 years ago that Jordan Clarke would be hailed by the fans? I'm fucking sick of this pathetic excuse of a football club.

(Sorry for the rant, still fucked off from Saturday)

J

Jack Griffin

@skybluepm2s

You can't really lay any blame on SP, he has to do as he is told.

If he is painting the situation differently to what it is then I think you'll find if he didn't tell it like the directors want him to he'd be out of a job soon enough.

He is between the proverbial rock & a hard place

Warwickhunt

@MasonReports: Coventry midfielder John Fleck is subject to a bid from #nffc. Understood to be around £350,000 including substantial add-ons. #pusb #ccfc
Not a cat shit in hells chance at that price! when city signed him from Rangers there was a considerable % as a sell on Clause in his contract so we would need close to 1 million if we are to get a reasonable return on our investment

spider_ricoh

We need 3 more senior midfielders as it is, so selling our best one (our only decent CM) would be a joke

NorthernWisdom

tbf Fleck's default is fatboy.

It may be radical but... I'd get rid. It's obvious he's got the talent, but the very fact he plays for us at all suggests he's wasting it... and what have we had while he's been here? Half a season in cracking form, the rest flattering to deceive.

Warwickhunt

I look forward to some useless injured loanee from Forest turning up in return turning up to replace him. All part of the long term plan of course

Dexter blackstock would do for me

skybluepm2

@skybluepm2s

You can't really lay any blame on SP, he has to do as he is told.

If he is painting the situation differently to what it is then I think you'll find if he didn't tell it like the directors want him to he'd be out of a job soon enough.

He is between the proverbial rock & a hard place

I do understand that perspective Jack but it's just becoming all a bit too predictable. We deserve honesty as fans not fed a load of bollocks like 'baker isn't part of my plans'. He would have been a great option to bring on on Saturday instead of untried youngsters. Whatever he is on, it's too much for SISU to pay just be honest. We've seen it with Murphy (who has been replaced by someone with half the talent on Saturdays performance), Moussa, Clarke and the rest of the senior players who have departed in the past 2-3 years. The long term plan as much as he may want it to happen, isn't happening. Right now it's all about survival. There is no direction no hope in hell of getting promotion and it's all down to SISU. I don't mean to place the finger at SP but his comments after Saturdays game were also ridiculous and not reflective of the debacle that I had witnessed. Just my thoughts..

SkyBlue_Bear83

tbf Fleck's default is fatboy.

It may be radical but... I'd get rid. It's obvious he's got the talent, but the very fact he plays for us at all suggests he's wasting it... and what have we had while he's been here? Half a season in cracking form, the rest flattering to deceive.
Half a season of cracking form is a lot more than what other players have offered whilst here. Also the change of system with 3 in the middle could really suit him.

I shudder at the prospect of a midfield partnership of Billy Daniels and Connor Thomas.

Last edited:

Chipfat

As i posted before Fleck know's fit or not he has no competition here, he can do as he pleases, last year of a contract he walks anyway. Good player and is without doubt needed at the club, but money talks and the way SP remarked about players standard at the club is a way of saying to Fleck get fit or fuck off,,, Fleck in my mind has already made that decision by not being fit the opening Game...

The only real question is when he goes Now for Money or free in the Summer,,Forest also seem to like little fat skillful players,, Commons, Reid and now maybe Fleck... Good luck to him probably deserve's to play at a higher level....

NorthernWisdom

Devastatingly harsh....but fair

:D

This is a bloke who as a youngster was spoken about as The Next Big Thing.

The next thing we learn is he rocks up at our club when we're at our lowest-ebb-until-the-next-one. He fits the mould of what we like buying/signing in the past, which is players with a reputation who've let it slide for whatever reason (Barton's another one of those!).

He's like a high class version of Thornton. I just hope for his sake he doesn't let his career drift any more.

skybluepm2

Half a season of cracking form is a lot more than what other players have offered whilst here. Also the change of system with 3 in the middle could really suit him.

I shudder at the prospect of a midfield partnership of Billy Daniels and Connor Thomas.

Don't worry, O'Brien and Swanson (brought in to give us 'much needed width') are currently occupying two of the 3 central midfield positions in the super duper new formation.

bringbackrattles

If Fleck goes may as well bring Baker back in then ? But nothing shocks me anymore concerning us or football as it's getting past a joke,players are moving around so often these days it amazes me if a player has more than one season at a club.

spider_ricoh

Jordan Clarke must be our longest serving player at the moment isn't he ?

Yes, followed by Baker, followed by Connor Thomas. I think that, of all those, CB has the most apps, but I can't be bothered to check Soccerbase to confirm.

wingy

As i posted before Fleck know's fit or not he has no competition here, he can do as he pleases, last year of a contract he walks anyway. Good player and is without doubt needed at the club, but money talks and the way SP remarked about players standard at the club is a way of saying to Fleck get fit or fuck off,,, Fleck in my mind has already made that decision by not being fit the opening Game...

The only real question is when he goes Now for Money or free in the Summer,,Forest also seem to like little fat skillful players,, Commons, Reid and now maybe Fleck... Good luck to him probably deserve's to play at a higher level....

Agree with a fair chunk of that .

he hasn't gone yet ,but we're getting mixed messages here ,he was Pressleys golden boy two months back ,fittest here ,Internationals beckoning ,the Sales spiel was out there ,It's very convenient to demonise the player ,It would suirt both parties ,although we'd possibly get as much through Tribunal .

I sense a Land purchase in the next month.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
There was me thinking he was too unfit for league one, never mind Championship :thinking about:

I will be gutted if he leaves. Genuinely think he's our best midfielder (which is probably why he's being watched and the others aren't).

And if he goes, I'd hope it was for a decent fee, which this rumoured amount isn't!

swisstony

Decent fee or not,£1 or £1m it makes no difference none of it will be reinvested.
Just can't see the Sisu gameplan

Kingokings204

Nottingham Forest coach Brian Eastick has played down reports suggesting Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha could soon be joining the club on loan.
"There will not be any new additions in the near future. Stuart is very happy with the squad he has got at this moment in time."

Probably not Fleck then.​

RoboCCFC90

Sooo many people going way overboard with a rumour..

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Nottingham Forest coach Brian Eastick has played down reports suggesting Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha could soon be joining the club on loan.
"There will not be any new additions in the near future. Stuart is very happy with the squad he has got at this moment in time."

Probably not Fleck then.​

Tbf, the other teams in for Zaha are Newcastle and West Ham (I think it was WHU the third club) so if it was between them three, Forest wouldn't have a chance, so I'd be denying it too if I was Forest :)

Gint11

Fleck hasn't really impressed me much when seen live. Heard lots of good things about his ability. The fact is may be unfit is pathetic for a pro footballer and you have to question his desire (unless SP is covering). We really are going to be left with kids. Our first team will be the u16s soon.

Users who are viewing this thread