Foreign nationals (2 Viewers)

CJ_covblaze

A tweet from Jim Brown regarding us signing our first Portuguese player (Carlita excluded as he didn't play a 1st team game) has got me thinking. If you take out England, Wales, ROI, Northern Ireland and Scotland which country have we had the most players from?

Belgium, Holland and France sprung to mind straight away. Working from memory we've definitely had 6 from Jamaica (all relatively recent) and 5 from the USA. Iceland, Morocco, Germany, Sweden, Australia and Trinidad & Tobago have all given us 3 I think.

pusbccfc

I'd imagine the French lead the way. In recent years we have had Malaga, Edgjenguele, Beuzelin and currently Vincelot.

pusbccfc

How could I also forget Mathieu Manset?!

Other French players...

Who remembers a certain Youssef Sofiane who made one appearance in 2006 and Christian Negouai in 2005 who also made one appearance.
Not had the best of luck with French players..

CJ_covblaze

Not great really! Gotta be France surely.

Joy Division

Not forgetting the forgetful Jean Guy Walleme and Fabian Debec both from France

CJ_covblaze

JGW! "Only joined us so his kids could learn English for free". I seem to remember he became the favourite for the Swansea job but Laudrup took over instead. Currently managing in Africa.

letsallsingtogether

My favourite was the 2 we had from Morocco if only we could get a couple of players like that now.....
That would bring in the fans and give us some well earned excitement:)

One can only dream:sleep:
PUSB

Hobo

It wasn't long ago we had 10 from Brazil...best away shirt in a long time.

CovLis86

There was that crazy Strachan spell when it felt like we signed 20 Honduran players... Though it may actually have only been 2/3

Terry Gibson's perm

There was that crazy Strachan spell when it felt like we signed 20 Honduran players... Though it may actually have only been 2/3

2 and one from that other football power Peru, the only thing to ever come out of Peru was Paddington Bear

CJ_covblaze

Jim Brown has said it is France with 15. He did say there was only 4 Jamaicans though which isn't right.

jackdg

Clayton Ince is from Trinidad and Tobago not Jamaica... As were stern john and Chris Birchall (sort of!)

CJ_covblaze

stupot07

We've had a few Swedes. 3 from memory, Hedman, Nilsson and I'm sure there's at least one more but his name eludes me.

He changed his name to Antonelious or something like that....a right back IIRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Godiva

We've had a few Swedes. 3 from memory, Hedman, Nilsson and I'm sure there's at least one more but his name eludes me.

Also one from Norway - Trondt Egil Soltvedt (or something like that)

And a few from Denmark - Hyldgaard, Schmeichel, Johansson, Jorgenson and the infamous Bisgaard

Godiva

One from Iceland who played even less than Bisgaard - Hreidarsson

Users who are viewing this thread