For those not going to Sixfields today.......... (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

and looking for a little bit of live sport in the City of Coventry then Cov Rugby club kick off at 3 pm looking to maintain their 100% home record. I know it's not quite the footie but they are playing some cracking stuff at the moment and for the first time really in years. It's only £14 for adults and all under 16's go free. The forecast is dry and bright and that makes good conditions to be able to go and fetch a beer to be consumed around the ground whenever you fancy one. The football and Rugby combination in Leicester is a huge success story and there is no reason why a City the size of Coventry cannot excel in both sports with some decent backing.

rugbys for puffs

Rugby is a mans game. I've played rugby and its a damn site tougher than football. In football a lot of the time you get a bunch of little wusses who go down like they broke their leg if you poke them. Rugby players carry on playing if they have a broken nose or even worse

Ah the old Football V Rugby debate!

Football wins for me as a spectator sport, but I have to agree with Rugby fans that football players are girls a lot of the time

I completely agree. I love Football, I always have and always will and will always be #1 for me, but Rugby players are a million times tougher

Mary_Mungo_Midge

For those on the gentlemanly side of town; can I mention the Rugby Lions? Kick off 2:15.

Trying to bounce back after financial meltdown; also unbeaten in the league. Deserved of support.

Free entry, you can watch the game with a beer in your hand; then post-game there's a charity auction, pig racing and finally a live band. What's not to like?

Or perhaps Nuneaton Town vs Chester in the Conference. Boro won finally mid-week so should be a good watch today. £5 Adults, £3 Consessions

SamCov94

Or you could go watch the Coventry Blaze, playing the Belfast Gaints today and tomorrow.
Saturday FO 7PM
Sunday FO 515PM

Vedere

Watching football. Playing rugby for me. That is apart from the 6 nations which is brilliant!

£14 seems a bit steep for the level (as in division, this isn't meant as a slight on the players) of rugby!

wingy

Watching football. Playing rugby for me. That is apart from the 6 nations which is brilliant!

£14 seems a bit steep for the level (as in division, this isn't meant as a slight on the players) of rugby!

I believe you get in for around £8-£9 if you produce last years CCFC season ticket ,or free after half time ,however thats not really in the spirit of the game and the coffers are needed.

Johnnythespider

Real sportsmen have round balls, also wasn't rugby invented by some lad who wasn't very good at football, so he picked the ball up in a hissy fit and started running round like a headless chicken

CJ_covblaze

Merseyside Derby from now in the Railway, Butts at 3, then Railway again, then walk down to the Dome for 7. Will just be doing the Hockey myself but worth thinking about if you've got the afternoon and evening spare.

torchomatic

Boring sport.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

ajsccfc

Exalting sport for the manliness is a bit homoerotic. The manliest sport of all is darts anyway - wheezing, bellies and alcohol.

Otis

Ugly people play rugby.

It then gives them the chance to excuse their big fat noses, missing teeth and sticky out ears as 'playing injuries.'

Ashdown1

Coventry Rugby maintained their 100% home record. Won with some great running rugby although their opponents came back at them strong towards the end but hey a win is a win. Not enough people there in my opinion though. So 1500 City at Northampton and 900 at the BPA what the fuck do the rest of you knocking critical pricks do with your Saturday...............sit in the pub and watch the Mersey Derby followed by a Celtic/Scottish/Welsh game or AN Other ! No wonder the City of Coventry struggles. Maybe the rest of the City were filing around the supermarkets with their fat wives wishing they were somewhere else. Too many hen pecked pussies around these days !

ecky

Coventry Rugby maintained their 100% home record. Won with some great running rugby although their opponents came back at them strong towards the end but hey a win is a win. Not enough people there in my opinion though. So 1500 City at Northampton and 900 at the BPA what the fuck do the rest of you knocking critical pricks do with your Saturday...............sit in the pub and watch the Mersey Derby followed by a Celtic/Scottish/Welsh game or AN Other ! No wonder the City of Coventry struggles. Maybe the rest of the City were filing around the supermarkets with their fat wives wishing they were somewhere else. Too many hen pecked pussies around these days !

yep pub, game, shopping, fed the missus a whole tray of doughnuts, sleep, pub, game, shopping, fed the missus another tray of doughnuts, bed zzzzzz

Nick

Administrator

Pricks? Bore off. Had a beer at rugby?

letsallsingtogether

If this shit with sisu carries on then I will start going to the Butts.

Liked playing rugby as I was shit at football good team game where they all look after each other.....

Any way got to get out of all the DIY my missus is making me do

torchomatic

I stood on the Hill, oh and had a burger in the Sixfields pub at half time.

How many this week. Cheered when the fifth went in didn't you?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread