For the uninitiated... (1 Viewer)

corniepaste

Just a bit of advice please. Been on the forum for years but only posted a few times.

My last trip to Wembley was when I was 11 for the 87 FA Cup, broke my arm the day before but my old man said your going, period. A guy in front of me turned around almost broke it again when he hugged me as Houchen scored. However after seeing the stories on here about getting the train(which scared the crap out of me), I’m going to drive down and get the tube in. Can someone tell me the best place to get to and do this so my old man isn’t walking miles? He’s pretty resilient but with this occasion, I’m in charge of a smooth journey for him.
Cheers
Ps. Sorry if this has already been discussed but all the help the better.
PUSB

skybluepm2

Hi Paste. If you’re driving down from the north, I’d personally suggest driving to Denham station and getting the overground train to Wembley Stadium station from there. Can take between 10 and 20 minutes but you’re literally at the ground so your old man won’t have to walk too far at all. Hope this helps.

wingy

If you end up getting off whatever at Wembley park there is a shuttle service for people who have difficulties .

corniepaste

Really appreciate the advice guys, didn’t think about the overground train but that has put my mind at rest. Hopefully plain sailing. I’m going to check the just park website now. The denham station idea could be ideal as as much as he says don’t worry I want him to save his energy/support for the game and not worry about anything else. Really appreciate your replies.

Esoterica

I wish I could offer you more advice but what you've been given seems sound. What I do hope is that you and your Dad have an amazing day out. That's what it's really all about. Not the performance, or the result (which would all help of course), just the memories you'll make that day. Will be a lot of people there on Monday whose Dads have passed on since '87 and don't have the chance you have now. Enjoy every second, win or lose!

corniepaste

PS. If you really believe in karma, break his arm on Sunday and then make him sit through it :D[/QUOTE

Thank you Eso,
When you’re old man is 80, you count your blessings. I’m so happy that we can do this again even if it’s been thirty years plus since the last time. Showed him my beloved 97/98 shirt and he was immediately on the case to get Sky blue for the occasion, like a second wind. Now I’m fully stoked for the big day. Ha ha.

rob9872

Each time I've seen this thread on the list I've read it as "for the urinated" - possibly says more about me and my childish ways :)

Users who are viewing this thread