For the sixfield attendees. (1 Viewer)

valiant15

Serious question, no bickering or name calling(honest).

How long are you going to give it?

By this i mean carrying on attending sixfields if there's no deal for the Ricoh on the table and no plans drawn up for this new ground by the end of the season.

In other words,no sign of a return to Coventry.

Fisher said they'd be talking 3 years for a new ground. Six months down the line and there's nothing,not even a drawing.

Im genuinely interested in how long it will be before even you guys get tired of making that tedious journey.

covcity4life

never been sixfields but was tempted few months back,not anymore. win lose or draw this has gone on too long, bring the club back!

ccfctommy

That's a good question. Personally I've been twice and haven't decided on what to do long term. I think we will eventually return to Coventry, I also think any new ground won't happen. Hopefully we will be back at the Ricoh before too long. Sixfields does not appeal for three years to.me. I dunno if Sisu can sustain those losses on the gates for that long. Also crowds will drop over time unless perhaps we can gain promotion.

shy_tall_knight

Also to that smug minority that kept reminding us fans who are staying away from Sixfields on principle that "you're missing some great football" hope you are now seeing the bigger picture of life under SISU with an underesourced squad.

valiant15

I get the impression that if there's no promotion this season and no return to blighty in sight, that even the small minority that go will start having doubts.

Ill never go but imagine most of those that do surely must sit there and think what the hell are we doing here.

hill83

I've been to one game. Can't remember which one it was but we won. The atmosphere was totally on it's arse and it felt wrong. I've not been back and I won't be going back.

bringbackrattles

I've never been and never will it just don't seem right.
Not even been tempted and the only time I would be tempted will probably be over Christmas as I love the Boxing day fixtures.But I'm a stubborn City fan of fifty years so as Scrooge would have said :BAH HUMBUG !

M&B Stand

I'm going Boxing Day, that's it. I know people who do go and good luck to them. It's just what they do. Following City is their life and I'll never knock anyone for it.

In the grand scheme of things a few hardy souls trecking down the A14 isn't gonna change anything, until we get new owners and a stadium management company at the Ricoh that don't see us as a cash cow, the downward spiral will probably continue.

Nick

Administrator
I think I will go every so often when I can make it until it is 100% confirmed we won't be coming back to the city.

hill83

Not trying to start any arguments, but why are people who've never been and never will posting in here?

SonOfSnoz

Spending money to get to the hill & watching only partial game is confusing to say the least!
Have to support the fans though!
Sisu are using CCFC as a dustbin for their debts, forget all this new stadium talk!
That's why they scrounge for every penny when it comes to rent & players!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Spending money to get to the hill & watching only partial game is confusing to say the least!
Have to support the fans though!
Sisu are using CCFC as a dustbin for their debts, forget all this new stadium talk!
That's why they scrounge for every penny when it comes to rent & players!

You're right I am confused I dont even watch the game. But I find it better than listening on the radio at home surrounded by sis out wallpaper and sticking pins in Joy and Tim dolls whilst chanting Acl Acl Acl and singing take me home Ricoh,the neighbours were getting worried:)

I'm going Boxing Day, that's it. I know people who do go and good luck to them. It's just what they do. Following City is their life and I'll never knock anyone for it.

In the grand scheme of things a few hardy souls trecking down the A14 isn't gonna change anything, until we get new owners and a stadium management company at the Ricoh that don't see us as a cash cow, the downward spiral will probably continue.

Treking down the A14? Do you know something we don't?

RFC

I'll continue going for as long as it takes either to build a stadium or arena (or move back to the Ricoh) that either the club or it's owners control and have access to all it's revenue streams!

It's not an ideal situation but as I've been for the vast majority of my life I'm totally committed to CCFC. PUSB!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'll continue going for as long as it takes either to build a stadium or arena (or move back to the Ricoh) that either the club or it's owners control and have access to all it's revenue streams!

It's not an ideal situation but as I've been for the vast majority of my life I'm totally committed to CCFC. PUSB!

So you're not bothered whether the club or the owners have access to all its revenue streams? I wonder where all that revenue will go:thinking about:

valiant15

There will be no club left by the time this stadium is built.

Covstu

For me it was only going to be one season and one only. If we are there next season I certainly wont go.

valiant15

One season to see what's happening/get the off the field problems out of the way? It's not for me but I can kind of get where you're coming from.

Ads87

Serious question, no bickering or name calling(honest).

How long are you going to give it?

By this i mean carrying on attending sixfields if there's no deal for the Ricoh on the table and no plans drawn up for this new ground by the end of the season.

In other words,no sign of a return to Coventry.

Fisher said they'd be talking 3 years for a new ground. Six months down the line and there's nothing,not even a drawing.

Im genuinely interested in how long it will be before even you guys get tired of making that tedious journey.

I have been a City fan for 30 years and have been attending shitfields on Saturdays and Sundays. The situation is not ideal but I just want to go and support the city and get my fix of football. The journey isn't tedious its forty minutes and your home.
I do not believe that a new ground will happen, the only solution is a deal between SISU and Cov council.
I do not know when I will get tired of it, can not comprehend not going to the match.

valiant15

I have been a City fan for 30 years and have been attending shitfields on Saturdays and Sundays. The situation is not ideal but I just want to go and support the city and get my fix of football. The journey isn't tedious its forty minutes and your home.
I do not believe that a new ground will happen, the only solution is a deal between SISU and Cov council.
I do not know when I will get tired of it, can not comprehend not going to the match.
Would you be prepared to stick with it for 5 years? 5 years is a long time especially if we're stuck in league 1 and the crowds dwindle further.

Ads87

Would you be prepared to stick with it for 5 years? 5 years is a long time especially if we're stuck in league 1 and the crowds dwindle further.

Hopefully SISU and Cov council will do a deal, can't answer whether I would stick it for five years. I enjoyed Saturday in a strange way even though we got stuffed.
We were in league 1 at the Ricoh and there was plenty of empty seats.
I am not interested in the politics of the situation, SISU and Cov council are both to blame in my view. I want CCFC back in Cov but still want my fix of football.

letsallsingtogether

Nothing to do with Politics IMO all Sisu brainwashing the few to get what they want after all that is what Sisu were set up to do.

They don't give a toss about you, me or CCFC.

They will kill the club the then laugh about how they did it and say what a gullible lot that football fraternity are.

Hopefully SISU and Cov council will do a deal, can't answer whether I would stick it for five years. I enjoyed Saturday in a strange way even though we got stuffed.
We were in league 1 at the Ricoh and there was plenty of empty seats.
I am not interested in the politics of the situation, SISU and Cov council are both to blame in my view. I want CCFC back in Cov but still want my fix of football.

dongonzalos

Do you believe building a new stadium is a financially viable alternative to a long term rental deal in the Ricoh.
If so how do you come to this conclusion?

Grendel

Do you believe building a new stadium is a financially viable alternative to a long term rental deal in the Ricoh.
If so how do you come to this conclusion?

If someone is prepared to invest in the cost of build of course it is -- it gives the club asset value - at the moment it is utterly worthless.

dongonzalos

If someone is prepared to invest in the cost of build of course it is -- it gives the club asset value - at the moment it is utterly worthless.

However I think at the moment will pay 1.2 million a year in interest to ARVO on an investment of less than 10 million pounds.
Somebody would need to invest 20-30 million.

So I am guessing we will be paying around 3 million a year in interest to own a stadium in Coventry in 3-5 years time. With if we are lucky 12-15 k capacity.
Over the lets say 4 years it takes to build. ARVO will also need to invest about another 10 million in the club
So potentially we are looking at paying 5 million plus a year in interest when we move into our new stadium.
It really does not make sense.

I was eleven in 87

But Grendel where is this "Serious someone", because all we have had so far from Sisu is empty promises with no concrete proof that they are actually going to build such a stadium??

Users who are viewing this thread