for the future ????????? (1 Viewer)

ollyservetta

always supported youth development and bringing players threw academy / youth development .but cant help feeling that the only people who are going to get anything out of it, are sisu and its investors . great to be signing players and loaning them out, but hang on ,what about the current squad .we are becoming a donkey sanctuary ,decent first team players leave ,we seem to pick up the odd decent player but more so get players struggling to get a game or even a club .I know sp is doing his best with wat he has got ,well I like to think so ,but not to secure marshall ,loose mousa ,adams and Wilson I wonder how sisu think they are going to get fans behind them ,most of the flare and exciting players are gone. people go on about clarkes goals ,but the players feeding him need replacing, and murphy and his heroics kept us up last season in my mind .at the end of last season when we had tierd players ,marshall kept us going ,.I also strongley believe mansett and the dutch lad never had a fair crack and we would never have let mansett go if Clarke had gone a month earlier .sisu please note ,football is about entertainment ,you can get by with entertaining and not getting results for a while ,but not getting results and not entertaining ,and showing no real intent to build a first team squad capable of pushing for honours ,along with playing in Northampton ,and trying to put one over the people of Coventry at every hurdle is just plain suicide .YOUR INVESTORS WILL NOT GET A RETURN ON CREATING A DONKEY SANCTUARY OUT OF CCFC FIRST TEAM SQUAD PLAYING IN NORTHAMPTON ,GET US HOME AND SUPPORT SP IN BUILDING A SQUAD RATHER THAN HAVING HIM STRUGGLING TO ATTRACT PLAYERS .BRING IN YOUTH BY ALL MEANS ,BUT ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE A DECENT ,CAPABLE FIRST TEAM ,

Chez78

Manset was shocking, slager couldn't handle the style of play and was blowing out of his arse after ten minutes and as for Wilson and moussa let's have a reality check we are a division three side with an average attendance of 1800-2000 at home we had absolutely no chance of keeping them at the club. Can't disagree with where the blame lies for us not being able to keep them but I still think both of them would have been gone under previous owners you only have to look at our track record. I hate our owners as much as the next fan but at the moment we are signing players and bringing through youth players and to be honest that's exactly what we should be doing, as far as I'm concerned if they bring us back to the Ricoh I ain't got to much of a problem with the playing side of things.

stupot07

We've made what 7-8 signings of which only 1 (Charles-Cook) has been signed for development.....not sure where you're going with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ollyservetta

not going anywer with it ,but the lad from rangers ,the keeper from arsenal ,thers two more ,.not against it ,just wondering if its for the good of the first team ,ccfc ,or just sisu and its investors .slager was blowing ,but so have a lot of players ,and mansett although not great, wen given game time ,had far more of a presence than a couple of the loanees we got in with clarkes departure and wilsons injury ,and was we not le to belive it was more of a traing ground difference between sp band mansett that led to him being let go

stupot07

Again, I don't get where you are coming from....they will only be good for sisu and their investors if they develop and flourish in the first team, so the benefit is ccfc first and foremost.

As for Manset, he was largely poor, and from what we have heard he had an attitude problem, moaned about not playing ahead of free scoring Clarke and Wilson, didn't buy in to SP work ethic and philosophy, and his fitness levels were consistently behind the rest of the squad because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ollyservetta

learnt to accept players being sold ,players coming and going ,its been the norm at the city in my 40 odd years following them .just need to replace them with first team squad players not ones for the future as we will have no future the way we are going

ollyservetta

with a fit Wilson and Clarke mansett would never get a look in ,but with Clarke going and wilsons injury would he have not grabbed the opportunity, and ther was only a couple of weeks between them both leaving ,and I still wonder how disruptive Clarke had become behind the scenes.

stupot07

with a fit Wilson and Clarke mansett would never get a look in ,but with Clarke going and wilsons injury would he have not grabbed the opportunity, and ther was only a couple of weeks between them both leaving ,and I still wonder how disruptive Clarke had become behind the scenes.

No, I don't believe he would have. And have a feeling (but I could be wrong) that he didn't make a single appearance for royal Antwerp despite signing for them a few days after leaving us.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...s/mathieu-manset-leaves-coventry-city-6473308

stupot07

From dec 2013:

Coventry City striker Mathieu Manset looks likely to be leaving the club in the January transfer window if a buyer can be found.
Manset was the only recognised striker available to Steven Pressley for the recent FA Cup game at Hartlepool, but he was not selected and his omission from the squad has led to speculation that the 24 year old Frenchman’s day with the Sky Blues are numbered.
Pressley explained to the Coventry Telegraph the reasoning behind the decision to offload the striker.
He said, “I can see why some people might question that decision – perhaps think that I was cutting off my nose to spite my face, because nobody understands better than me the need to get results in the here and now, but I also understand that this club has to change its culture and in order to do that I sometimes need to make what might seem to be harder short-term decisions if they will help our long-term development.
“Manny did well at the start but he couldn’t sustain that. He’s a player with terrific ability, that has never been in question, but the thing that I can’t live with is a player not buying into the work ethic that I really want to create at this football club.
“If you play as a pressing team and you have one player who doesn’t press like the rest then you get found out because it’s not about an individual, it’s a collective effort.
“There are standards that I expect from all the players at the club and if anybody can’t accept that and reach those standards that I strive for then, regardless of any other considerations, they’ll not be part of the group.
“Many people told me when I came here that there was a degree of comfort around the football club and if I want to change that then I have to stick to my standards. If I start to make allowances for certain players not to work within the structure then the others will pick up on that – it could have a knock-on effect, and I can’t permit that under any circumstances.”
Manset turned down opportunities to join, on loan, Bristol Rovers and Fleetwood, both League 2 clubs, during the recent loan window. He joined Coventry City in the summer after an extensive pre-season trial, but failed to get a look in because of the phenomenal strike partnership Callum Wilson and Leon Clarke.
The club has granted permission for Manset to return to France following the birth of his daughter.

ollyservetta

im hoping we get certain things sorted asap ,if we for some reason get a points deduction I don't think we will get the motivation we had last season to overturn it as quickly as last season.

Samo

Sorry, don't really understand the OP. I'm really happy with the signings so far (albeit only on paper) and Manset/Slager were not the right fit for us, I'm fine with that too.

ollyservetta

im happy we are signing players full stop ,don't get me wrong ,sp is working miracles getting people to even contemplate us in our situation .however the proof is in the pudding and we need to see the team on the pitch.still saying that ,we do need a central defender ,and a couple of strikers or a striker and a goal scoring midfielder .

Samo

im happy we are signing players full stop ,don't get me wrong ,sp is working miracles getting people to even contemplate us in our situation .however the proof is in the pudding and we need to see the team on the pitch.still saying that ,we do need a central defender ,and a couple of strikers or a striker and a goal scoring midfielder .

I don't think you'll get another CB. SP has said he wants a CM and strikers.

shmmeee

Chez78; said:
Can't disagree with where the blame lies for us not being able to keep them but I still think both of them would have been gone under previous owners you only have to look at our track record.

I actually did that you know. Until Sisu it was normal for us to hold onto these types of player for 3 or 4 years before selling them on. Apart from Keane (which was a deal for only a year apparently) we'd usually keep our top scorers and better players. Only straight after relegation during cost cutting did we ship players out at the speed we do today.

I remember us turning down massive bids for Dublin and Ndlovu years before either of them actually went. People forget Dublin was top scorer for 4 years and just remember him getting sold.

The more you know.

stupot07

I actually did that you know. Until Sisu it was normal for us to hold onto these types of player for 3 or 4 years before selling them on. Apart from Keane (which was a deal for only a year apparently) we'd usually keep our top scorers and better players. Only straight after relegation during cost cutting did we ship players out at the speed we do today.

I remember us turning down massive bids for Dublin and Ndlovu years before either of them actually went. People forget Dublin was top scorer for 4 years and just remember him getting sold.

The more you know.

I suppose the subtle difference was that we were then in the top flight, so only having to compete against the 14-15 clubs above us, whereas now (based on where we finished) what 55-60 clubs finishing above us? Even in the championship scraping 17-19th there were c40 teams above us with more money than us.

Grendel

The more you know.

That's nothing to do with who owns us but the league we are in. There is some incredible stat that we fielded more players in the first 6 years since relegation than the previous 50.

It's a revolving door in these leagues.

Terry Gibson's perm

That's nothing to do with who owns us but the league we are in. There is some incredible stat that we fielded more players in the first 6 years since relegation than the previous 50.

It's a revolving door in these leagues.

But we are in this league because of who owns us.

Users who are viewing this thread