For the Ann Lucas haters ... (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I don't hate her. I just feel that she is a good example of the flaws in local government democracy. Who elected her as leader of Coventry City Council?

shmmeee

I don't hate her. I just feel that she is a good example of the flaws in local government democracy. Who elected her as leader of Coventry City Council?

The local Labour Party Id imagine. Who would you like to elect the leader of the Coventry Labour Party?

lordsummerisle

Got nothing against her personally, always respected her stand against Marlon King(which she received one hell of a lot more abuse for incidentally), and suppose she has to let political concerns override any attachment to the club she may have.

Wish she would make that clear though rather than the "love the club" bit, putting one over Sisu has become the main driver in all of this, despite it being to the detriment of both the local football and Rugby teams.

torchomatic

The issue for me is she's done exactly what she was attacking SISU over. Also her guarantees that CCFC and CRFC would be fine with Wasps here was nothing short of scandalous. She has no idea how it will pan out for either club.

Although I'm a labour man through and through I hope she falls on her arse at the next election.

Covstu

The issue for me is she's done exactly what she was attacking SISU over. Also her guarantees that CCFC and CRFC would be fine with Wasps here was nothing short of scandalous. She has no idea how it will pan out for either club.

Although I'm a labour man through and through I hope she falls on her arse at the next election.

Exactly a complete hypocrite on the subject. I know that others voted the same way but if Wasps can really vito any decision on us buying shares this proves that she had little interest in us as a club. Sold us down the river and will probably sell the city to Birmingham also.

chiefdave

I wonder how many people who moan about the council actually step away from the keyboard and do something about it. It's not that hard to get in touch with your MP / councillor and they are after all accountable to the electorate.

Not saying they will take any notice of you but you can at least put pressure on them to justify any decision they have made. If they can't provide valid justification then that information can be made public and will impact on their chances of being re-elected.

Ashdown

No vote for them and I guarantee they will line their own pockets and the pockets of their families and associates whilst claiming to represent the working man. In the meantime the country and it's economy will be utterly destroyed, manufacturing will be exported to China, the country will be flooded with immigrants to help boost their vote and anyone who questions that shall be deemed racist by encouragement of said government. Education in schools will be appalling, we'll have strikes everywhere, quango's a plenty to pay for and £billions will be wasted propping up the terminally idle and crooked !

Sorry shit that happened that was 1997-2010 !

AndreasB

No vote for them and I guarantee they will line their own pockets and the pockets of their families and associates whilst claiming to represent the working man. In the meantime the country and it's economy will be utterly destroyed, manufacturing will be exported to China, the country will be flooded with immigrants to help boost their vote and anyone who questions that shall be deemed racist by encouragement of said government. Education in schools will be appalling, we'll have strikes everywhere, quango's a plenty to pay for and £billions will be wasted propping up the terminally idle and crooked !

Sorry shit that happened that was 1997-2010 !

UKIP Klaxon

fernandopartridge

The local Labour Party Id imagine. Who would you like to elect the leader of the Coventry Labour Party?

That's my point really. You have a leader of a council who isn't elected directly by constituents. It's just a local reflection of national democracy.

I wasn't digging at your favourite council this time, I know it upsets you.

Godiva

theferret

Ann Lucas is a very divisive figure. I'm not being party political, because she seems to alienate a lot of people from her own party, and her decision to agree in principle Coventry's inclusion in the 'Greater Birmingham' project is a case in point - she did it on her own with consulting anyone, not even her own party. That particular issue was not even on the agenda when we last voted so she doesn't have the mandate for something like that - and it really ought to be decided by a local referendum. She comes across as very arrogant and dismissive, and perhaps that's unfair, but she does seem to like the 'back me or sack me' approach. I'm OK with that, as long as people decide to sack her :)

dongonzalos

She seems to make decisions with no grey area.
Coventry fans want CCFC to own the Ricoh. I imagine as a Coventry fan so does she.
Yet CCFC were not putting in a suitable bid and were doing everything to devalue the ACL. Wasps put in a bid, (shenanigans free) and so the best thing for the people of Coventry as a whole was accept the wasps bid.
I want Coventry to become part of Warwickshire not Birmingham.
I am guessing that she knows if it is part of Greater Birmingham the budgets will be higher. Again this is route she is going.
Again there seems no grey areas.
I just hope a vote of some kind is done and she discovers most people would prefer CWR if it has to happen. Even if that means less budgets.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread