For a short period in the mid 80's we were ................................... (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

The top team in the midlands , even above Villa , Brum ,Wolves , Leicester , WBA . Derby, Forest now we're on par with Northampton , Oxford , Walsall , I think the only team below us are Notts County . surely this is just unacceptable ?

Samo

The top team in the midlands , even above Villa , Brum ,Wolves , Leicester , WBA . Derby, Forest now we're on par with Northampton , Oxford , Walsall , I think the only team below us are Notts County . surely this is just unacceptable ?

It's a fact. Either accept it or indulge in the great British tradition of denial.

Bob Latchford

It's a fact. Either accept it or indulge in the great British tradition of denial.

Fort that woz in Egypt m8

Bob Latchford

skybluetony176

And we are also below Burton

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I've only seen Burton Albion play twice. This season at the Ricoh and about 10(ish) years ago at Butlin Road playing VS Rugby in the old Southern League. IIRC Nigel Clough was their manager then as well.

Otis

Just unacceptable?

I would say it's very unacceptable.

Brylowes

Surely we should be thankful for what we have got, praise our JOYous leader .

Hobo

The club is in a sorry state through years of mismanagement and neglect....I have a roll of Gorilla Tape I can donate to Bodgit n Fix it at SISU.

letsallsingtogether

Luckily we are on a two year plan......
Roll on next season☺

Gazolba

We may have to start entering the Birmingham Senior Cup again. It could be the only trophy we can win.

skyblue1991

Vale and Shrews - yes.

Oxford is definitely in the south.
Is MK in the Midlands?

Rodders1

I've only seen Burton Albion play twice. This season at the Ricoh and about 10(ish) years ago at Butlin Road playing VS Rugby in the old Southern League. IIRC Nigel Clough was their manager then as well.
Good old VS. Imagine rugby had done a burton. Unbelievable when you realise their rise through the leagues.

Gynnsthetonic

Cannot believe how we have ended up, I absolutely hate it and can't see a way out of it, I take my lad up and it's just so boring for him,boring football boring atmosphere!

oscillatewildly

Vale and Shrews - yes.

Oxford is definitely in the south.
Is MK in the Midlands?

I've always considered Oxford as south Midlands. Altho MK have recently been banded as a 'derby' for us, there's no way that Buckinghamshire can be considered 'Midlands', surely?

Otis

I couldn't help myself so googled it.....

Out in the 1st round....natch...:claping hands::claping hands:
That was at the mighty Stratford Town though wasn't it.

Think we would do a tad better against one of the minnows, say some under 12's girls' team (2nd 11).

At least take them to a replay anyway.

JimmyHillsbeard

What a bunch of pessimists you lot are.

Can I remind you that it's still "half-time" in the Anglo-Scottish cup winners cup after the 1-1 draw with St Mirren in the first leg at Highfield Road in December 1987.

Any word on the date of the second leg? Reckon it'll be a great away day.

Paxman II

Yes we are in the doldrums and yes we have survived what has been a period where we may have lost the club forever.
We are still alive and kicking. There's a long way to go. Sometimes in football the way back can be as dramatic as the fall. We were laughing at Leicester just a few years back with calls of disgust as they went into admin...now look?
Bolton in recent years have sustained a place in the prem but it's all over now and they are even selling parts of the ground to stay afloat. Looks very grim for them. There are plenty of examples. Sheff.Wed and Leeds floating around outside the prem.
It takes just a it of momentum to set things off and we saw that this season for a while. I believe we will do it next season and after that maybe we will have a run at the Championship.

Otis

What a bunch of pessimists you lot are.

Can I remind you that it's still "half-time" in the Anglo-Scottish cup winners cup after the 1-1 draw with St Mirren in the first leg at Highfield Road in December 1987.

Any word on the date of the second leg? Reckon it'll be a great away day.
I was at that game (the first leg). 1-1 at HR.

torchomatic

Yeah, I went to that too. Used to like the Full Members' Cup games too.

I was at that game (the first leg). 1-1 at HR.

Brylowes

Yes we are in the doldrums and yes we have survived what has been a period where we may have lost the club forever.
We are still alive and kicking. There's a long way to go. Sometimes in football the way back can be as dramatic as the fall. We were laughing at Leicester just a few years back with calls of disgust as they went into admin...now look?
Bolton in recent years have sustained a place in the prem but it's all over now and they are even selling parts of the ground to stay afloat. Looks very grim for them. There are plenty of examples. Sheff.Wed and Leeds floating around outside the prem.
It takes just a it of momentum to set things off and we saw that this season for a while. I believe we will do it next season and after that maybe we will have a run at the Championship.
I admire your optimism,I really do,but nothing about the club and the way it's being run
inspires me. Also when you say we've survived a period when we could have lost the
club forever, well I'm not convinced we have survived.

Users who are viewing this thread