...for 2 years plus a 2 year extension? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

That makes 4 years to build a new stadium. OK that becomes ever more unlikely and we all know the deal is to try and own the ground they play in i.e: The Ricoh.
They have 4 years of negotiating to do then. Meanwhile they will have to pay the rent etc.

So what is the full deal exactly? What's the rent agreement? What cost are being met, what rent being paid, what if any share of revenue has been agreed etc etc...?

After all this time I think we have a right to know.

JulianDarbyFTW

To be honest I don't think we have a right to know the minutiae of the contract . Morally I kind of agree with you, but that's not how businesses work in the real world. After all, we wouldn't expect Greggs to tell us how much rent they pay for their store just because we buy a sausage roll twice a week.

On an aside, Gregg's sausage rolls taste like an otters cock. Or so I'm told.

mark82

To be honest I don't think we have a right to know the minutiae of the contract . Morally I kind of agree with you, but that's not how businesses work in the real world. After all, we wouldn't expect Greggs to tell us how much rent they pay for their store just because we buy a sausage roll twice a week.

You've never tried a Greggs sausage roll then?

Paxman II

I think we have every right to know some of the detail. The Ricoh is owned by the council not a private body. After all the collusion and deceit gone on and the long suffering of the fans in Coventry they want to hear some sort of assurances this ne deal is water tight and exactly why it is, which presumably can be assessed by knowing something about the deal. I don't want to be giving my money to SISU on the basis we should trust them again or for that matter trust ACL or the council. We are hurt and you just don't say ok all is well again!

JulianDarbyFTW

You've never tried a Greggs sausage roll then?

I must have done at some point, but i can't really remember. I saw Christopher Timothy from All Creatures Great and Small eating one while waiting to cross the road in Shirley once though. Sticks in my mind for some reason.

Anyway, back to the point. Just because the council are involved doesn't give us the right to know details of a contract with a private company. Like I say, I agree that morally we should know the details, but the reality is that it would be commercially sensitive and therefore not disclosed. People on all sides (i.e. ACL, SISU, the Council) had a habit of opening their traps, which was part of the reason it escalated in the way that it did. If keeping schtum is the price for us being home then so be it.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Now they're on good terms with council they can tell us where the new ground will be as their last excuse was if anyone knew the evil council would find a way to block it.

pugwash

I don't know that we have a right to know, but it would certainly be nice to see which side had caved significantly and whether the club are indeed getting their pie money etc. I really hope that ACL got a watertight contract that guarantees that Sisu can't just walk away again; it makes me wonder if there was a huge escrow payment covering a year+ of rent.

shmmeee

Don't know, don't care.

I suspect the "commercial confidentiality" is to save a few blushes after some back tracking.

If that's what it took to get us home, I'm happy.

Oz Howie

Still have major concerns because of Steve Waggott's "we must own our home ground" statement. Cannot see the benefit of owning the ratepayer's asset. Surely a 40+ year lease is sufficient. Major benefit to SISU of owning the Ricoh is it allows them to mortgage it and that concerns me over the long term.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not to worried about the rent as somebody has finally seen sense and there must have been some movement from both parties but would like to think some of the extra revenue from gate receipts might end up on the pitch, also hope they move the shop back to the ground seems a bit crazy on a match day not to have it there.

rupert_bear

I think the council tax payers of Coventry have the right to be told details on any deal involving ACL and SISU, lets not forget ACL is a CCC subsidery. What can the secret be ? Fans, most of whom reside in Coventry have been affected by all this debacle between, ACL,/CCC and SISU. I believe someone somewhere will ask and keep asking the question.
As for this 2+2 agreement forget it, no way will we ever be leaving the Ricoh again don't care what Waggott says or thinks. The FL are going to introduce rules regarding moving clubs from their spiritual homes especially the town or city they are from. Government are well involved now too. Can you imagine the outcry if sisu tried it again, where would we go ? Northampton would run a mile I would think. As for a new ground, where's the land in Coventry because there is no chance of one being built outside. SISU are whooped on this one and know it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the council tax payers of Coventry have the right to be told details on any deal involving ACL and SISU, lets not forget ACL is a CCC subsidery. .

ACL is not a subsidiary of CCC

I am sure details of the deal will gradually become apparent. I have some questions and concerns of my own.

But to be honest all that can wait ..... right now I just want to enjoy the moment and thought of CCFC being back in Coventry where it belongs

rupert_bear

Okay maybe not a subsidiary but they are not completely independent are they, a bit like Whitefriars Housing people.,

Last edited:

shmmeee

Okay maybe not a subsidiary but they are not completely independent are they, a bit like Whitefriars Housing people.,

No.

It's a private company, and the council don't have a majority on the board. The judge went over this in his summing up I think.

Grendel

Now they're on good terms with council they can tell us where the new ground will be as their last excuse was if anyone knew the evil council would find a way to block it.

It seems the council and ACL are also duplicitous. You were constantly banging on about the fact they couldn't do a deal with the jr appeal hanging over them yet they seem to have been taking while the initial court case was on going.

shmmeee

It seems the council and ACL are also duplicitous. You were constantly banging on about the fact they couldn't do a deal with the jr appeal hanging over them yet they seem to have been taking while the initial court case was on going.

Those bastards! Compromising!

fernandopartridge

Another sky blue john hunch debunked "in the real world nobody does business with somebody who is suing them".

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

SkyBlueSid

I reckon the appeal will eventually just fizzle out. They will be told that they don't have a leg to stand on, which they must surely know already if they have a brain cell between them.

I am also certain that the mythical new stadium will fade into the mists of time too. No serious observer ever really believed it would be built, and as we are already well over a year into the process without even a plot of land, it is just all part of the bluff and bluster.

The bottom line is that Sisu have had to climb down because of the solidarity of those who refused to attend Sixfields. We are the ones who have resolved the issue. Sisu know now that they have no guarantee of fans going to a new stadium either so building it would be commercial suicide.

James Smith

Oh dear goodness, so the fact that they've done a deal and we're back in Coventry is a bad thing? Maybe they did it to throw people off the scent so that negotiations could be done without speculation, external pressure etc. derailing them? If they did then good, we're back in Coventry and that's where we belong.

And Tim by that logic has been the most duplicitous of the lot with his Ship has sailed comments an eternity ago.

Greggs

:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

chiefdave

Seriously? Can't you just be happy we're back?

I think you'll find the last public statement from ACL was that they would not talk about a return until the JR appeal had been dropped. As I've always said on everything to do with this I will form my opinion based on the available evidence and that evidence indicated the JR appeal would be an issue. So either the statement released was false or ACL's stance changed but was not made public knowledge.

chiefdave

I reckon the appeal will eventually just fizzle out.

I can see that happening. SISU wouldn't want to come out and say they've had to drop the court case and come crawling back to ACL. Wouldn't be surprised to see the court case quietly disappear and talk of a new stadium also drop by the wayside.

Equally as we don't know the deal if the reverse has happened and ACL have gone to SISU desperate for them to come back they're not going to be shouting that from the rooftops either.

I'm sure at some point down the line when all the accounts get released we'll get more idea of what has been agreed but hopefully by then a good working relationship will be in place and it won't matter.

BackRoomRummermill

You are all way off the Mark here !

It is all about the success or none of the club.

If we get promoted within two years then the rent will change by revenue, then the two year review will kick in. Or a review in any case wherever we are.

Start thinking how would you run a buissness ..........

The reason why we got into the mess in the first place was because this never happened when SISU took over.

Can we move on ............... PLEASE

Users who are viewing this thread