Football Manager (3 Viewers)

ajsccfc

The best thing for loans if possible is to get one of the big PL clubs as a senior affiliate, you can have the pick of their reserves and they don't ask for a penny

Reactions: vow

covmark

My board sanctioned two big money loans. This after promotion from league 1 in my first season. A takeover and a return to the Ricoh.
I'm now 4 wins out of 5 in the championship and I've just smashed Villa 3-0 away in the Carabo cup.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Is there a way you can search loans by what wage percentage his parent club wants? All the big clubs want at least 50% which I can't afford

No I don't think there is. I had success by not believing that tick filter that shows interested players, sometime your staff are thick and sometime the parent club can be keen and the player falls in line. Also I ws using filters searching prem and Cham teams with a max wage filter on. A supprising number of really good youth players are on really low wages which even at 50% are covetable. Troy Parrot at spurs was on feck all in my game and had great stats.

I think also foreign loans can come cheaper/free from big teams

Esposito from Inter came to me, great talent

Brighton Sky Blue

What's your wage bill? Mines £73k p/w and the board won't give me anything extra. Somehow Oxford and Pompey are significantly higher even though I'm back at the Ricoh

View attachment 14748

I beefed it up to £87k by giving low bonuses instead to get the loanee. Suspect it’s because I asked for investment in training and youth that the budget was pretty low. Sold Jobello for £1.25m to Robins at Rotherham (still in L1 them) and got about £60k from that.

The one plus is that the board expectations are as low as possible

ajsccfc

xgPgexX.png

Hugely overachieved in the Championship so that first PL season saw me with points in the single figures by Christmas, luckily I seem to have great New Years each season that fires me up the table

Brighton Sky Blue

xgPgexX.png

Hugely overachieved in the Championship so that first PL season saw me with points in the single figures by Christmas, luckily I seem to have great New Years each season that fires me up the table

I find that the match engine is a bit more unforgiving than in FM19 or could that just be there’s no throw in exploit...

SlowerThanPlatt

Anyone else’s winger have a 2 on 1 with the striker in the middle for an easy tap in and he decides to smash it into the side netting? It happens every time, I thought turning off ‘shoot on sight’ would tame it a bit but hasn’t

Brighton Sky Blue

Anyone else’s winger have a 2 on 1 with the striker in the middle for an easy tap in and he decides to smash it into the side netting? It happens every time, I thought turning off ‘shoot on sight’ would tame it a bit but hasn’t

If he has a bad 'decisions' rating that may explain it

SlowerThanPlatt

Improving my HOYD has paid off. Prem clubs were after him all summer and eventually £11m was too much to turn down :(

Peter Isaac_ Profile-3 (1).png

Isaac sold.png

But I managed to bring in this lad from Monaco on loan for a year to replace him

Wilfried Adome_ Profile.png

Last edited:

Robccfc87

Help me out lads, bought the game, started up a game with a mate who is Fleetwood and he's top after 10 games, I'm 8th but inconsistency is a problem. Any basic tips on tactics or anything that is a "must" to be successful? We are are very much "crack on with it" types. I play possession with a 4231. Bought in Neco Williams on loan. No other transfer activity. Cheers.

woody11462

Help me out lads, bought the game, started up a game with a mate who is Fleetwood and he's top after 10 games, I'm 8th but inconsistency is a problem. Any basic tips on tactics or anything that is a "must" to be successful? We are are very much "crack on with it" types. I play possession with a 4231. Bought in Neco Williams on loan. No other transfer activity. Cheers.

I've started a game off really well for once, still got the 4-2-3-1 formation but got a gengen press variation of an Ajax game I started. Top after 26 games by 7 points but I've got two games in hand. Oy league defeat was 3-1 away at Sunderland despite having 33 shots on goal and them being down to 10 men after 41 minutes. Hiwula and Godden leading the way for me with 16 in 30 and 26 respectively. 70 for, 24 against. Bagged 6 away against bolton and portsmouth but Bolton got as high as 10th a few games ago despite the points deduction. Liam Walsh has been amazing and Zain Westbrook has emerged as a star player. Was my 3rd choice midfielder playing occasionally then asked.for a new contract and his current ability had shot up to 4.5 stars. I've had to resort to playing Jack Heavy Pockets Hickman as right back cover and even he's on a rating of 7.38 average after 9 games.

Brighton Sky Blue

I've started a game off really well for once, still got the 4-2-3-1 formation but got a gengen press variation of an Ajax game I started. Top after 26 games by 7 points but I've got two games in hand. Oy league defeat was 3-1 away at Sunderland despite having 33 shots on goal and them being down to 10 men after 41 minutes. Hiwula and Godden leading the way for me with 16 in 30 and 26 respectively. 70 for, 24 against. Bagged 6 away against bolton and portsmouth but Bolton got as high as 10th a few games ago despite the points deduction. Liam Walsh has been amazing and Zain Westbrook has emerged as a star player. Was my 3rd choice midfielder playing occasionally then asked.for a new contract and his current ability had shot up to 4.5 stars. I've had to resort to playing Jack Heavy Pockets Hickman as right back cover and even he's on a rating of 7.38 average after 9 games.

Into the PL I was still using Dabo and Westbrooke as starters in the second season and only sold them once I had clearly better players ahead of them. Now in title challenges each season and have come second to Man City, once by a point and then by a single goal! Argh!

Brighton Sky Blue

A Man Utd fan has an entertaining YouTube series as Cov on this. Each video's a season and fairly well paced

woody11462

I managed to win League 1 with 103 points scoring 111 goals. Lost 5 games in total with Sunderland getting another smash n grab against me. Only able to sign 2 permanent signings in the summer, Kieran O'Hara and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson from Man Utd. Signed Brewster (Liverpool) and Diangana (West Ham) that took up all my budget but got Chelsea as a parent club so also got Brown, Sterling, Chalibah and Gilmour on loan for free. Sold Jobello and Biamou back to French clubs to keep the funds going. Westbrooke and Dabo been decent again, Hiwula has been dog shot after finishing last season with 27 goals. Kastaneer has stepped up this year and Jones has just come back after 10 months out with his 3rd knee ligament injury.
Currently 16 games into my first Championship season and sitting 4th. Managed to tie Viveash down to a long term contract too after convincing him to turn down Charlton.

ccfctommy

Bought 20 on Steam today. Started a save with Leamington in the conference north. My striker has scored four goals in less than two games and I have Callum Maycock on loan. Haven't played FM since 15...

Brighton Sky Blue

Bought 20 on Steam today. Started a save with Leamington in the conference north. My striker has scored four goals in less than two games and I have Callum Maycock on loan. Haven't played FM since 15...

Have you found there to be an unusually high number of long range goals?

woody11462

Managed to get back to back promotions by finishing 2nd on the final day of the season after I drew and 2nd place lost, was 8th with 7 games to go as well. The Chelsea loanees were decent as was Daingana and Brewster from liverpool finished as top scorer. Hiwula finally started to perform second half of the season too. Also had a takeover but was pretty much like for like finance wise. And finally lost Viveash as well and replaced him with Bergkamp. Was expecting a really difficult season in the Premiership and kept on Gilmour, Smallbone and Brewster as loans. Signed Stergiou (CB) and Majer (CAM) for decent fees and a few regens from Argentina who look really good prospects and currently sitting top after 9 games. Brewster has 10 goals so far and Hiwula has 5 but knocked out of the league cup on penalties by Arsenal.

Brighton Sky Blue

Managed to get back to back promotions by finishing 2nd on the final day of the season after I drew and 2nd place lost, was 8th with 7 games to go as well. The Chelsea loanees were decent as was Daingana and Brewster from liverpool finished as top scorer. Hiwula finally started to perform second half of the season too. Also had a takeover but was pretty much like for like finance wise. And finally lost Viveash as well and replaced him with Bergkamp. Was expecting a really difficult season in the Premiership and kept on Gilmour, Smallbone and Brewster as loans. Signed Stergiou (CB) and Majer (CAM) for decent fees and a few regens from Argentina who look really good prospects and currently sitting top after 9 games. Brewster has 10 goals so far and Hiwula has 5 but knocked out of the league cup on penalties by Arsenal.

Good going. In 11 seasons I have 5 Champions League wins and 4 PL titles including the 1 point and 1 goal (still can’t believe that) second places to Citeh. We got taken over at the end of season 10 by a group that spent £200 million on the two best centre mids in the game but meant I had to do some major shuffling to keep the wage bill OK.

I now have super high board expectations to stick to where I’ll be in trouble if I don’t win it all every season!

woody11462

Good going. In 11 seasons I have 5 Champions League wins and 4 PL titles including the 1 point and 1 goal (still can’t believe that) second places to Citeh. We got taken over at the end of season 10 by a group that spent £200 million on the two best centre mids in the game but meant I had to do some major shuffling to keep the wage bill OK.

I now have super high board expectations to stick to where I’ll be in trouble if I don’t win it all every season!

Was quite short lived. Drew my next game then lost 8-1 at home to Liverpool. About got two bookings in the first 7 minutes and just got steamrolled. Still using Dabo, Pask, Westbrooke and Hiwula but the squad is lacking quality outside the best 11. Can only dream of a champions league win, 5 in 11 is impressive

Brighton Sky Blue

Was quite short lived. Drew my next game then lost 8-1 at home to Liverpool. About got two bookings in the first 7 minutes and just got steamrolled. Still using Dabo, Pask, Westbrooke and Hiwula but the squad is lacking quality outside the best 11. Can only dream of a champions league win, 5 in 11 is impressive

First season I was 7th, then top 4 before the runners up spots then the title. It probably took that long to build a good enough side to overtake the big sides as one always has a good season. You can’t ramp up the quality in all areas in one go so I focused on trying to improve it a bit at a time. Then you need some world class players to get over the last hurdle.

But yeah I took a fair share of batterings too!

Brighton Sky Blue

Currently in the 30/31 season as, one of the oddest Cov-related things that's happened in my game is hidden away on a subs bench of this World Cup 2030 group game

rIZiV0i.png

England have won back to back World Cups on mine, total stitch up

Users who are viewing this thread