Football Manager (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

How are you guys setting up your training? I’ve put my assistant manager in charge, I’m doing pretty well results wise but my players keep getting injured

I had this same problem. I mainly auto pilot but did adjust the intensity of training when their condition is low. Seems to have made a diffence
IMG_20200202_152318.jpg
If you are leaving it to your coaches my top tip is to not neglect personal schedule. Leave them to a coach but check they are on the path you want you prospects to go. Like make sure they are traing for positions that fit your formation.

Also if you have any player your scout/coaches say have amazing potential focus on giving them extra training on their weak spots. Like one regen I have has a coach report saying he could be a top Premier league player but lacks decision making. So I added a secondary focus to the training my coach had auto selected which addressed this weak spot and he is rapidly gaining points.

SlowerThanPlatt

I had this same problem. I mainly auto pilot but did adjust the intensity of training when their condition is low. Seems to have made a diffence
View attachment 14044
If you are leaving it to your coaches my top tip is to not neglect personal schedule. Leave them to a coach but check they are on the path you want you prospects to go. Like make sure they are traing for positions that fit your formation.

Also if you have any player your scout/coaches say have amazing potential focus on giving them extra training on their weak spots. Like one regen I have has a coach report saying he could be a top Premier league player but lacks decision making. So I added a secondary focus to the training my coach had auto selected which addressed this weak spot and he is rapidly gaining points.

Thanks for that and my HOR (I think) keeps bringing in players who are never going to be first team players into my 23s, last one was 1.5* potential. How do I turn that off or at least have a say over the signing?

Alkhen

Thanks for that and my HOR (I think) keeps bringing in players who are never going to be first team players into my 23s, last one was 1.5* potential. How do I turn that off or at least have a say over the signing?

Ha again had the exact same problem. I turned it all off but then I was so picky my u18 had barely anyone in it. So I set it up to have final say on the signings. Its here :
IMG_20200202_170434.jpg

Alkhen

Mad season in the championship, only just scraped into the Playoffs despite having 3 out of the top 4 goal scorers. my team was severely top heavy! all 3 on loan for a bargain combined wage of 14k a week.

smashed Brentford 4-0 1st leg of play offs. stupidly was worrying about playing WBA in the final who had destroyed me twice in the league so played the kids in the next match and limped through 1-3. luckily Huddersfield did a job on WBA and i got them in wembley and won an easy 2-0

gonna be a bit screwed next season seeing as my top players were all loans and anyone else half decent is now marked as wanted :/

need to invest heavily in defence and holding midfield. hoping to get atleast one of that front 3 back but not sure how loans between prem teams work. probably cash..

upload_2020-2-5_13-22-30.png

Alkhen

anyone know where you can see total goals scored/conceded rather than just the goal difference?
cant find it anywhere and mine seems shockingly bad considering my 3 strikers 70+ goals between them my GD is 25!

ajsccfc

Were you tipped to go up or come close? I went up via the playoffs with a prediction of 17th and was horrendously unprepared for the top flight, if it wasn't for loans in December I'd have sunk without trace

Alkhen

Were you tipped to go up or come close? I went up via the playoffs with a prediction of 17th and was horrendously unprepared for the top flight, if it wasn't for loans in December I'd have sunk without trace

yep same, was horrific for the first half of the season til i bombed off the WBs and went 442 :D or more 424 i guess, i used 2 up top and 2 wingers. Jody Jones was excellent and I just realised with the homegrown and home trained quotas i'll need to keep him in my Prem match day squads just to be able to field a team..

currently in that no mans land time period before you get switched out of the champ into the prem. next drama is that i failed to notice my 'Star' signing from last summer has a match highest earner clause in his contract. gotta try get him to sign onto a new deal or feck him off quick or i'll miss any freebees.

did you get a new chairman? they still want to sell the club but we are back at the Ricoh. provisional budget of 30m! although that'll prolly just get converted into wages.

one that is tempting is Adama Traore for 10m from wolves as they are prepared to pay 17k of his wages for 3 years!

any signings you made that were worth it?

ajsccfc

yep same, was horrific for the first half of the season til i bombed off the WBs and went 442 :D or more 424 i guess, i used 2 up top and 2 wingers. Jody Jones was excellent and I just realised with the homegrown and home trained quotas i'll need to keep him in my Prem match day squads just to be able to field a team..

currently in that no mans land time period before you get switched out of the champ into the prem. next drama is that i failed to notice my 'Star' signing from last summer has a match highest earner clause in his contract. gotta try get him to sign onto a new deal or feck him off quick or i'll miss any freebees.

did you get a new chairman? they still want to sell the club but we are back at the Ricoh. provisional budget of 30m! although that'll prolly just get converted into wages.

one that is tempting is Adama Traore for 10m from wolves as they are prepared to pay 17k of his wages for 3 years!

any signings you made that were worth it?

There was a board takeover in either my first or second season and we were back at the Ricoh, but the new owners are just in the background not getting involved which is nice, although every now and then there are takeover rumours that are then dismissed.

After just clinging on to my PL status I made a few signings in the summer, the main one was star loanee striker Ed Virtue who almost single-handedly kept me up but as he's 18 he's a regen and probably not moonlighting as a UK hardcore producer

Some actual real players that fit in well though are Joe Worrall from Forest, Arnaud Lusamba from I think Nice and Attakan Akaynak who's Turkish/German and a bit of a wonderkid

Alkhen

There was a board takeover in either my first or second season and we were back at the Ricoh, but the new owners are just in the background not getting involved which is nice, although every now and then there are takeover rumours that are then dismissed.

After just clinging on to my PL status I made a few signings in the summer, the main one was star loanee striker Ed Virtue who almost single-handedly kept me up but as he's 18 he's a regen and probably not moonlighting as a UK hardcore producer

Some actual real players that fit in well though are Joe Worrall from Forest, Arnaud Lusamba from I think Nice and Attakan Akaynak who's Turkish/German and a bit of a wonderkid

So the new board did sign both Chalobah and this Croatian defender without me having any say, seemed like it was extra funds to my transfer budget as that didnt go down but what it has done is really buckle my wages as they take up a combined 110k per week!

having to convert the transfer budget to wages to attract anyone half decent.

Bonus is I managed to get Brewster in on loan for a third season and Parrot in for a second. they got me 50+ goals last year but its a big step up.

was trying to get Haaland from RB Salzberg. still there 3rd season on low wages and just about within budget but the prick wont join for some reason.

Had to re-sign Cyrus Christie on a free to have someone with HGC. dunno if its just my brexit scenario but its a really awkward rule

Alkhen

Top name!

used to sign players on the strength of their names alone. personal faves:

Creedence Clearwater
Manny Panther
Sunny Sunday
Ice Cream (?!)

then if I made it into the Prem i'd splash out on Rod Fani

WGbQ9V3.png

Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

So the new board did sign both Chalobah and this Croatian defender without me having any say, seemed like it was extra funds to my transfer budget as that didnt go down but what it has done is really buckle my wages as they take up a combined 110k per week!

having to convert the transfer budget to wages to attract anyone half decent.

Bonus is I managed to get Brewster in on loan for a third season and Parrot in for a second. they got me 50+ goals last year but its a big step up.

was trying to get Haaland from RB Salzberg. still there 3rd season on low wages and just about within budget but the prick wont join for some reason.

Had to re-sign Cyrus Christie on a free to have someone with HGC. dunno if its just my brexit scenario but its a really awkward rule

If you whack in a release clause he might

Brighton Sky Blue

Doesn't get that far. RB want to sell and my scouts sayi he might be interested but when the deal is accepted a few days go by then I get a message saying he isn't sure Coventry is a good next step.

Yeah your club stature isn't high enough probably.

Alkhen

Shocking start to my premier league season.
Played 7:
W0/D1/L6

Given away 4 penalties. Not enjoyable at all!

Last edited:

ajsccfc

My start was very similar apart from the false hope of winning the first game and then not winning another until November.

Alkhen

Just a heads up that the latest FM is being made free for a week on Steam because of self-isolation and the football being cancelled. Lovely gesture, although I don't think "working from home" and Football Manager are a safe mix!

Football Manager 2020 completely free to play on Steam for a week

Good ploy that, loads will download the free week then a decent proportion of those will fork out to continue their game after a week.

Brighton Sky Blue

Started playing FM20 thanks to the free week offer. Got both goalkeepers injured on the eve of the first game then conceded a 95th minute equaliser. They sure know how to piss a guy off!

SlowerThanPlatt

How do you get around losing young players to other clubs before you can even sign them yourself? I’ve lost 2 which had 5* potential.

I know this happens irl to smaller clubs but can I not offer them a contract or is it all down to facilities and standing?

Brighton Sky Blue

How do you get around losing young players to other clubs before you can even sign them yourself? I’ve lost 2 which had 5* potential.

I know this happens irl to smaller clubs but can I not offer them a contract or is it all down to facilities and standing?

You can offer them a pro contract for when they turn a certain age. You still might get beaten to it but they normally accept

no_loyalty

If anyone still has Championship Manager 01/02, they have released a free 19/20 squad update.

Reactions: vow

Winny the Bish

Is this before they've even come into the Youth Team? I think it's just luck of the draw sadly. Until your club reputation goes up it mimics real life with bigger academies poaching prospects.

ajsccfc

If it's any consolation, the top rated players I've had poached before even knowing they existed have both ended up released on freebies by the vulture clubs that took them so at that age the potential rating seems a lot more like guesswork

Alkhen

If it's any consolation, the top rated players I've had poached before even knowing they existed have both ended up released on freebies by the vulture clubs that took them so at that age the potential rating seems a lot more like guesswork

Potential overall rating is a hidden stat (there are dark arts that allow you see it)
Along with Consistency and handling big matches

The honest way to have a good chance of telling if a youth prospect is gonna make it is to get rid of deadwood scouts and hire ones with high 'Judging Player Potential' stats as well as the basic ones like determination etc

Not guaranteed but they give you a better hold of what you can expect from a young talent

Brighton Sky Blue

Champ signings:
Aneke (Charlton)
Samuel (Blackburn)
Back up LB (Salford)
Back up RB (Rochdale)
Jones (Liverpool L)

Got taken over but business as usual aside from Ricoh return

SlowerThanPlatt

I got taken over too mid way through the season and the new board wanted to replace me with Steve Evans! I went up through the play offs beating Bristol Rovers in extra time, was second for ages but Portsmouth pipped me on the last day. Oxford won the league and Bolton did surprisingly well

Sky Bet League One_ Stages.png

Walsh won L1 POTS

Walsh pots.png

Problem is now moving up a level I only get 5% of transfer fees and the board have already sold two of my best players Dabo and Jobello to the MLS. So I put most of the money I had into recruiting a top HOYD

SlowerThanPlatt

Is there a way you can search loans by what wage percentage his parent club wants? All the big clubs want at least 50% which I can't afford

Users who are viewing this thread