Football Manager (3 Viewers)

ajsccfc

As a freak performance against woeful opposition I could understand but at Christmas he's somehow joint 16th top scorer in the division with 8 goals from 9 starts. There's a man who knows his contract's expiring soon

Reactions: vow

ProfessorbyGrace

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting FM for a while, however I’ve never delved into the franchise previously. The closest thing I tried was (don’t laugh) Premier Manager on the PS1. 😎

For a complete novice, with questionable tactical awareness, is it fairly easy to access, please? 👍🏻

Alkhen

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting FM for a while, however I’ve never delved into the franchise previously. The closest thing I tried was (don’t laugh) Premier Manager on the PS1. 😎

For a complete novice, with questionable tactical awareness, is it fairly easy to access, please? 👍🏻
It is massively in-depth nowadays. You can take control of every aspect of you want, but mercifully you can also delegate as many of the tasks to staff as you want. Makes things a lot more manageable and more like the original management games.

There are also tutorials for everything in game so you'd learn soon enough.

Go for it.

ProfessorbyGrace

It is massively in-depth nowadays. You can take control of every aspect of you want, but mercifully you can also delegate as many of the tasks to staff as you want. Makes things a lot more manageable and more like the original management games.

There are also tutorials for everything in game so you'd learn soon enough.

Go for it.
Thanks for all of the info, I appreciate it. 👍🏻

I probably will have a bash at it, before long.

baldy

In my save Wingate & Finchley have hired me in the Isthmian league & it turns out I’ve got Reise Allassani in my squad

• Haha

ajsccfc

In my game I finished third and lost the playoff semi, then won the Championship and in the third season am currently sitting pretty in the PL with an outside chance of Europe. All of that seemed to be enough for Milan van Ewijk to be considered a legend which I was surprised by, normally takes a lot to break into that category and I'm not sure why he specifically is there rather than any of the other players (Dasilva, O'Hare, Sheaf, Godden, McFadzean and Wilson made it to Favoured Personnel)

5wh8fwd.png

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In my game I finished third and lost the playoff semi, then won the Championship and in the third season am currently sitting pretty in the PL with an outside chance of Europe. All of that seemed to be enough for Milan van Ewijk to be considered a legend which I was surprised by, normally takes a lot to break into that category and I'm not sure why he specifically is there rather than any of the other players (Dasilva, O'Hare, Sheaf, Godden, McFadzean and Wilson made it to Favoured Personnel)

5wh8fwd.png
Who's the legend at the bottom?

vow

417513707_404245422266624_1314442666103102864_n.jpg
Dedication, fair play.

Made me laugh far too much!

I've not ever gone to them extremes but have celebrated with a glass of red wine after winning the FA Cup a couple of times.

Read and heard of folks dressing up in suits for cup finals too :love::ROFLMAO:

alexccfc99

Haji Wright is ridiculous on this years one - scored 35 goals as I won the play offs in my second season and is now valued at 35m

• Love

vow

I've just recieved a STEAM award for FM17...."Part of the Furniture" as I have been with City for over 10 years, well chuffed!

However, I'm more suprised that only 6% of overall players have recieved it too!

Surely folks get their moneys worth and play for FM for at least 2-3 years before switching to the new one? or am I being naive here and peeps wanna get into the shiny new FM that comes out every year? :unsure:

ajsccfc

Summer 2027 I left for the bright lights of Arsenal who appear to have an amazing squad but couldn't finish higher than 6th so the job to just improve on that is a low bar, the kind I like. I imagine Cov are going to now struggle again but they can't accuse me of leaving them destitute

BKVvzyf.png

vow

Just signed M'bappe for City on FM17!

I'm in year 2027 now.

The reason I've brought this up is due to the fantastic EASports scouts/fans/ that do the stats/scouting for them, as M'bappe was just a kid in 2016 as he's turned World class now, just as he is in real life too, hats off to the scouting team there.

baldy

Just signed M'bappe for City on FM17!

I'm in year 2027 now.

The reason I've brought this up is due to the fantastic EASports scouts/fans/ that do the stats/scouting for them, as M'bappe was just a kid in 2016 as he's turned World class now, just as he is in real life too, hats off to the scouting team there.

I remember playing Champ Manager 98 or 99 & noticing what a beast Ibrahimovic was on the game & then in real life

• Love

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But then I remember Freddy Adu and Cherno Samba...

Also I could never get Lionel Messi to be a star. Had highest level potential but never realised it. Most of the time he had ratings of 4 or 5.

• Love

vow

But then I remember Freddy Adu and Cherno Samba...

Also I could never get Lionel Messi to be a star. Had highest level potential but never realised it. Most of the time he had ratings of 4 or 5.
Messi = lazy....he'll never make a top player....

edit: thinking about it, if I remember correctly, his workrate stat was always mega low like a 5 or 6!? in FM14-15, and I never signed him due to this!
I think some Messi fanboi's kicked up a fuss on the Sport Ineractive FM forum about it too and it got changed up a bit :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Unless they patch it out, someone's found a hell of a bug. Offer the following for any player and it will be accepted

Transfer fee 0
After 50 games £2.5m
6 monthly instalments to total £1.2k

You can also add the selling team wage contribution as much as you like. Tried this and could have had prime Jude Bellingham and Phil Foden for £5m with their clubs covering most of their wages. Madness

Sky Blue Pete

Unless they patch it out, someone's found a hell of a bug. Offer the following for any player and it will be accepted

Transfer fee 0
After 50 games £2.5m

You can also add the selling team wage contribution as much as you like. Tried this and could have had prime Jude Bellingham and Phil Foden for £5m with their clubs covering most of their wages. Madness
How do people find these things out.

vow

Bit the bullet and ending my tenure at City. on FM17 .retiring....however, started a new game on FM18! in League 2 with Biamou, McNulty, Kyle Reid etc. 💙

rock and roll!

vow

Any more updates on your FM saves folks?
I'm getting withdrawal symptoms as I'm in Jersey for the weekend at a funeral.

Alkhen

FM Scout just announced that they have taken the paywall off all their in-game editors for FM 2017-2023

I'd never been one for cheating in FM but these are super useful when updating older saves. I used them in the past to change the graphics for kit colours and stuff so I could change my shirts each season.

Could be handy for anyone trying to keep an old save going or someone who wants to give Cov a billon

• Love

ajsccfc

My job remit to improve Arsenal from 6th place went alright as I won the league, Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Europa. After the FA Cup completed the clean sweep I instantly resigned, it can only go downhill from there. Got PSG and Milan both giving me the come hither stare, the former are good for an easy league win on the CV but I also kind of hate them whereas Milan have been winning Serie A so they might have unrealistic expectations.

Having replaced me with Paulo Sousa Cov instantly went back down, that job is available but it's too soon. I'll come back as the conquering globetrotter to save the day but not yet.

• Love

ajsccfc

Went with PSG, Mbappe's scored 10 goals in the first three league games and I regret it already. Outside Europe, shaping up to be dull season and then jump ship.

David O'Day

Transfer fee 0
After 50 games £2.5m

This is gone with the latest update

• Sad

baldy

Any more updates on your FM saves folks?
I'm getting withdrawal symptoms as I'm in Jersey for the weekend at a funeral.

I'm in more or less the date in real life on my FM 24 save - still with Wingate & Finchley - about 10 or so games to go & I'm hopefully gonna scrape survival in the Isthmian Prem league
Allassani's bagged me about 20 goals too - playing him in a number 8 role - seems to be quite influential

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread