Football Manager update (2 Viewers)

woody11462

Steam has updated and the new signings are at Coventry (minus Leon Clarke of course). Marshall has got an awful rating on it. The QPR lad isn't at CCFC but Slager is (with a finishing rating of 5!)

shmmeee

Just do what I always do: sell some teenager to Man City for £40m and go mental.

(or play it properly and get sacked within 5 games)

H

Huckerby

had to quit football manager, was becoming a serious problem haha.

malkitccfc

I just want a ccfc fm league where we get a takeover by a billionaire. Instead i've got one where Callum Wilson isn't turning up to training because I rejected a bid from Wigan Athletic

NorthernWisdom

Just do what I always do: sell some teenager to Man City for £40m and go mental.

(or play it properly and get sacked within 5 games)

My favourite effort, years ago. Took on Newport in FM2008, led them from Blue Square South to winning everything, World Club Champions, the lot. £billions in the bank, nice new stadium... a reign of 20+ years of glory!

Then one season we were 4 points off the lead in 4th, with 3 games in hand because of our World/European commitments... and the gits sacked me!

H

Huckerby

My favourite effort, years ago. Took on Newport in FM2008, led them from Blue Square South to winning everything, World Club Champions, the lot. £billions in the bank, nice new stadium... a reign of 20+ years of glory!

Then one season we were 4 points off the lead in 4th, with 3 games in hand because of our World/European commitments... and the gits sacked me!

Haha thats quality.

What annoys me though is you'll be smashing it and then all of a sudden just can't get a win from anywhere. And it's more than just a dip in form its like 20 games without a win from the team that came third the season before!
Too much of my life has been wasted on that game

malkitccfc

Haha thats quality.

What annoys me though is you'll be smashing it and then all of a sudden just can't get a win from anywhere. And it's more than just a dip in form its like 20 games without a win from the team that came third the season before!
Too much of my life has been wasted on that game

Every time I start a new league, I win the first 10 or so games and get in and around the play offs. Then comes the drop in form. I won't win any of my next 10-15 games! I don't want realism, I want to get away from the real world of supporting City

covcity4life

i am cov in premier league after 5 years. in relegation zone at march so dont look good. expect to bounce back with my squad though(victor moses is a sky blue!)

get adam le fondre if you can, he has scored 41,37,38 in 3 seasons for me! 16 in prem

SlowerThanPlatt

Just started a save with Cov and got a nice welcome message from Fisher. :jerkit:

We're not under a transfer embargo anymore but have no money to spend or any free wages to get some free transfers in. Also, howcome Marshall is still suspended and I can't play him?

woody11462

Just started a save with Cov and got a nice welcome message from Fisher. :jerkit:

We're not under a transfer embargo anymore but have no money to spend or any free wages to get some free transfers in. Also, howcome Marshall is still suspended and I can't play him?

Because his ban in real life was until January 2014 so it will be on the game, even though he is at our club from the start. It would make sense to just have him joining us in January 14 on a pre contract agreement and him being a free until then.

I'm unbeaten in my first 6 games with the update (won 3/drawn 3). Wilson only played 2 due to injury but has 2 goals and Delfueneso has 5 in 4. Brought in a few other striker loans due to Wilson getting injured pre season, got Coulthirst and Coubilly, from Tottenham (neither have scored) and some guy from Fulham (Swedish I think, 18 yrs) and he's scored 4 in 3. Have rejected offers from Wigan for Christie and he is still willing to discuss a new contract so been lucky so far. Beat Crawley first game away but then drawn them away in league cup and Johnsons paint. Knocked out of league cup but played a reserve team.

Oh dear ........... disappointed with real life and resorting to virtual sixfields :D

ajsccfc

Yeah, that's locked in no matter what you do. I was doing ace in the league and had been taken over so theoretically had everything in place to return but had to stick with selling out Sixfields until the three years was up. Bought the Ricoh not long after returning.

SlowerThanPlatt

I'm doing well so far. Just reached January.

Delfouneso has been ripping it up. 21 goals in 27 games.

Player stats:
34sfcev.jpg

Currently up to 14th in the league with a few games in hand over the teams in front of me. Think I could make the play offs.
2yosdnt.jpg

However, financially it's still looking poor. No transfer budget expected for the next 3 seasons and we're in the red.
2lbi1zb.jpg

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Never seen this before!

2ufaw45.jpg

Got drawn against Man City in the FA Cup at Sixfields.

2yua6go.jpg

Scabs!

oszd4x.jpg

Could we produce a shock?

Of course we did!

2uihg9h.jpg

bfosp1.jpg

All going well so far. The money from the FA Cup run should hopefully bring in some money to the club.

mds

first season was a piece of piss, 98pts losing fa cup finalist and 3m+ profit wilson and delf got 60 between them.
352 attacking christi and adams wb`s mouse am, we were tearing everyone apart, 20 odd games unbeaten at the start of the season :eek: how we should of been for real last season.

Hobo

Are the fans fickle? It might resolve another thread?

woody11462

I use 4-4-2. Quite simular to Pressley. Two wing backs, two standard centre back set to defend. Box to box midfielder and deep lying playmaker. Two wingers and two advanced forwards. Play direct and hassle oppenents. Did me ok, stayed up with two games to spare after being 12th mid way through. Wilson top scorer with 20 goals but went 12 games without scoring in my mid season slump. Delfouneso scored 17 goals also but everyone else average, below 7 in terms of ratings for the year. Wolves pissed the league but hammered them home and away. Got Wilson, Murphy and Christie to commit to a new contract and at end of season a few players accepted signifanctly reduced terms but my wage budget was slashed from 59k to 39k and so had to offload Barton and Slager but still can not sign anyone and struggling to get clubs to accept loan offers were no wages are paid by me. Got lucky with a new gen though, 16 year old youth team player signed over summer, rated to be a premier league star, 5 stars, but local teams from premier league constantly bidding for him now so season not even started and he will be unsettled and demanding a move.

hill83

Might give this update a bash. Did 9 seasons in about 6 weeks but I'm bored of it now.

woody11462

Oh, and how could I forget!!! SISU are no more! A spanish bloke has taken the club over after one season, used to own Seville apprently. Still no money and wanted to oust me and bring in his own manager but had a change of heart. Get a feeling i'm walking a tight rope though. But her hoy, at least no more Joy, Fisher, etc!

H

Huckerby

Whats the crack then with FM14? Is it any good? The last one I had is 12 but after reading this thread Im thinking of getting back on it

hill83

Whats the crack then with FM14? Is it any good? The last one I had is 12 but after reading this thread Im thinking of getting back on it

It's good. It's a little bit less about rigid formations and more about giving players roles and instructions. It seems more natural if that makes sense.

H

Huckerby

It's good. It's a little bit less about rigid formations and more about giving players roles and instructions. It seems more natural if that makes sense.
That's good to hear as I don't think the roles had that much of an effect before.

is there anything particularly cool that stands out that's different to 12 or 13?
One thing that used to annoy me is that you'd scout an unbelievable player with really high potential and then one day you'd look at the coach report and the max potential would be like 3 and a half stars. Even with the best scouts and coaches.

SlowerThanPlatt

I managed to sneak into the play-offs with a point against Sheffield United in the last game. I beat Peterborough in the semi with an aggregate score of 6-3.

Play-off final:
s5wd8m.jpg

Delfouneso ended up with 33 goals...winning the top goalscorer award
14ta2rt.jpg

A fantastic season. The team surpassed all exceptions.

Why can't this happen in real life?!
htgvg6.jpg

I was then taken over by former Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson who wanted to get the club back on a sound financial footing.
k02gi1.jpg

Unfronately I couldn't convince Cyrus Christie to sign a new contract so he signed for Inverness. A few youth players were also released.
5umqe1.jpg

After Delfouneso's loan expired I needed to bring in a new forward who could fire me to the Premier League. I was surprised to see that Glenn Murray was released by Palace so I went for him.
259ikr8.jpg

ajsccfc

On my current game, Cov (managed by the AI) started brightly but eventually went down with the 10 pt penalty. Graham Westley took them over and got out of L2 at the first time of asking. I'm subscribed to their news, so it's nice to get a bit of JPT report amongst all that shallow Champions League emptiness.

covcity4life

im in year 6 with r madrid(won 4/5 champions leagues so far :) ) and i have a great 19yo regen with 19 for acc 18 for drib ad 19 for finishing!!!!

Del Boy 82

Anyone play the iPhone version?? A little less detailed than the PC version but can play on the go. I sold Leon to Crawley an signed a young Ivory Coast striker from Blackpool for £450k,bagging in goals for fun, worth 4 mill an wants to move to bigger club! Great.

covcity4life

Anyone play the iPhone version?? A little less detailed than the PC version but can play on the go. I sold Leon to Crawley an signed a young Ivory Coast striker from Blackpool for £450k,bagging in goals for fun, worth 4 mill an wants to move to bigger club! Great.

replace him with a loan :)

SlowerThanPlatt

Upload a picture? The board agreed to improve my junior coaching and youth recruitment network which will hopefully produce a better intake next year.

I've got two decent ones so far who I will give chances to in the cup competitions.

Steve Davis...had a £750k bid from Celtic for him but I rejected it. Unfortunately his determination is poor.
20zxpc6.jpg

Adrian Kaye..quite poor all round at the moment but with a determanation of 20 should help him improve quickly.
2s8od8o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread