Football manager signing comes true!!! :-) (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Ha ha, this is the second ever time that a player I have signed before for my City team on FM has actually joined in reality!!

Anyone else had this before??!!!!

The only other player this has happened with for me is Eastwood, was great when I signed him from Southend on FM, then was a fat lazy scrounger in reality!!

Lets hope this turns out better, hey?!

:p

SkyBlue_Bear83

Haha, I always sign Fleck on football manager as he has some godly stats. Can't recall it happening to me before though.

Buggy

Was thinking exactly the same thing! As well as Fleck to Coventry, I signed Hazard for Chelsea on FM11, and he became a god!

Nonleagueherewecome

Was thinking exactly the same thing! As well as Fleck to Coventry, I signed Hazard for Chelsea on FM11, and he became a god!

Mickey Hazard was an awesome ageing MRLC in CM 93, used to sign him for City all the time back then :)

As for Eastwood, I managed to get him to Grays Athletic when he was at Southend: they got relegated from L1 and I took Grays up from the old Conference. He was a great signing-as a former player, he was already listed as a fans favourite, and they went into paroxysms of joy, which in turn led to Eastwood deciding he was now a Grays supporter in his "favourites" panel! He was miles ahead of the rest of my side in quality, so it was quite hard to stop him shooting from 35 yards when players were better placed. He was part of a fearsome frontline along with Aaron Maclean, a young Gray's apprentice called Gary Hooper, Kightly in the "hole" and Blair "Places Shots" Sturrock (son of Paul, who always signs him IRL ;). One of my best ever careers, such that I actually cried when my midfield stalwart Ernie Cooksey died of cancer IRL a few years ago.

Skyblueweeman

After 'toying' with data editor on FM, I signed Messi, Ramos and Schwiensteiger for Cov.

**Weeman patiently sits and waits for next CCFC announcement on three international signings**

Nonleagueherewecome

After 'toying' with data editor on FM, I signed Messi, Ramos and Schwiensteiger for Cov.

**Weeman patiently sits and waits for next CCFC announcement on three international signings**

My Carlisle team in about CM95(?) in L2 when we learnt out how to hack the game was something like:

---------------------Bartram ('keepers were all crap back then!)---
----------Barresi---Costacurta----Maldini-----------------------------
Peter Smith--Luis Enrique--Zidane----Roberto Carlos--------------
--------------------- Laudrup-------------------------------------------
---------------Shearer-----Romario-----------------------------------

Usual subs:
Malusci (Italian SW/D RC)
Scott Oakes (AM/F RLC) OR Brian Robson (SW/DMC: we made him 16 years old!)
Ian Wright

skybluebeduff

Ahh my favorite "not seen the wife for 2 weeks" games, i loved the Champ Manager 97/78 season, Ibrahima Bakayoko upfront with Kennedy Bakircioglu, behind them was Karl Oskar Fjørtoft, great days :)

covcity4life

Edison Cavani is the sickest player this year, 51 games 67 goals for Arsenal, he won me everything :)

seydou doumbia from benfica is another one

joined me at chelsea and notched up 100 goals in 3 seasons! now im in 2017 and most of my team are hot proespect youngsters i scouted,so satisfying to see them take my chelsea to next level

C

Clive Plattini

I try and avoid Football/Champ these days. Destroys lives. But I had CM2 which was the 95/96 season. Paul Williams became England Captain and I sold him to AC Milan. Crazy.

dave1903

Ahh my favorite "not seen the wife for 2 weeks" games, i loved the Champ Manager 97/78 season, Ibrahima Bakayoko upfront with Kennedy Bakircioglu, behind them was Karl Oskar Fjørtoft, great days :)

Kennedy Bakircioglu, man that takes me back . I signed him and a very young ibrahimovic and they tore it up.
Cant believe ive been playing it that long now

torchomatic

When I first started playing CM a long time ago (about 1993 on my Amiga) I always bought Scott Stamps as he sounded good. Sadly, he never signed for us.

ccfcway

Cherno Samba and Jerome Thomas up top

Midfield of Jobie McNuff, Lionel Morgan, Jemain Jenas, Riquelme

Defence of Danny Higginbottom, Fitz Hall, Calum Davenport, Glen Johnson,

GK was Fon Williams

That team won champions league 3 years running !

Users who are viewing this thread