Football league to consider outstanding debt sisu owe acl (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

@BBCCovWarks: The Football League tell us they will consider the issue of Sisu's outstanding debt to ACL at the next Board Meeting on August 7th #CCFC

Otis

Yep. It will be on the bottom of the agenda between 'tea and biscuits' and 'date of next meeting.'

Lorksalordy

When this finally ends up either in court or costing points it will no doubt in no way be SISU's fault and part of their plan to move the club forward in a way to build a viable sustainable club for the future. With fans and community as top priority as nothing is bigger than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

I thought they said they would sort it out straight after their AGM last month?

No wonder ML doesn't understand how long three weeks are with the example being set by the authorities.

spider_ricoh

The season kicks off a couple of days afterwards, so no reasonable time for them to force SISU to do anything.

They will just let SISU carry on - they will not enforce their earlier stated requirement because quite simply they are terrified of getting involved and potentially sued,

Rob S

It will be too late by then. I assure you that.

corporal_fraser.gif

Kingokings204

Don't you think it's too late by then? Either the club will be liquidated or start the season at Northampton. Either situation results in the death of ccfc so guess it makes no difference.

Warwickhunt

Another ten point deduction should just about finish off the sixfield faithful i should imagine

Otis

Don't you think it's too late by then? Either the club will be liquidated or start the season at Northampton. Either situation results in the death of ccfc so guess it makes no difference.

Slight exaggeration I think.

Starting the season in Northampton, it could be argued, could add to the demise of CCFC and contribute towards the death of the club, but it certainly won't be the death of Coventry City Football Club.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Rob S

I don't think it makes any logical sense to liquidate the club. The golden share is Sisu's ticket to whatever debt restructuring / co-investing / general digging-themselves-out-of-the-CCFC-financial-hole party a new stadium or improved Ricoh can throw. It makes a good scary story to frighten the fans into action (or misery) but it doesn't make sense at the moment.

Maybe I'm just inured to it having heard it for years now. (E.g. have a read through the Sky Blues Trust AGM minutes from 2 years & 1 day ago.)

Yeah, yeah, I know Sisu are apparently illogical, crazy and all the other things but it's the internet dwellers that are probably the illogical ones. It's very common for people to do the online equivalent of throwing their hands in the air and saying sod it whereas this isn't Joy Seppala's style. She seems to be playing a longer game whereas everyday fans are desperate to get this over with in some way shape or form.

I'll counter that by saying that very little surprises me about this whole ridiculous saga these days (although if Lady Godiva pulls off a mask to reveal herself as Joy in Broadgate tomorrow that might count) so I wouldn't count anything out but I just don't see the point of winding myself, or anyone else up, about all the terrible things that might go wrong. I've never found that to be a great approach to life in general really...

sky_blue_up_north

Nice they are doing just on the eve of the start of season, which guarantees will spend another season in Northampton.. :(

martcov

Wie will know if they have leave of appeal rejected by Hickinbottom by then and the reasons for or against. SISU will probably have a rethink wehen they know which way the wind ist blowing. Suits the FL and SISU.

tisza

I don't see why people are putting much stock in the Football League. Weren't able to stop a convicted fraudster from taking over a club despite there being a fit and proper ownership policy.

Kingokings204

I don't think it makes any logical sense to liquidate the club. The golden share is Sisu's ticket to whatever debt restructuring / co-investing / general digging-themselves-out-of-the-CCFC-financial-hole party a new stadium or improved Ricoh can throw. It makes a good scary story to frighten the fans into action (or misery) but it doesn't make sense at the moment.

Maybe I'm just inured to it having heard it for years now. (E.g. have a read through the Sky Blues Trust AGM minutes from 2 years & 1 day ago.)

Yeah, yeah, I know Sisu are apparently illogical, crazy and all the other things but it's the internet dwellers that are probably the illogical ones. It's very common for people to do the online equivalent of throwing their hands in the air and saying sod it whereas this isn't Joy Seppala's style. She seems to be playing a longer game whereas everyday fans are desperate to get this over with in some way shape or form.

I'll counter that by saying that very little surprises me about this whole ridiculous saga these days (although if Lady Godiva pulls off a mask to reveal herself as Joy in Broadgate tomorrow that might count) so I wouldn't count anything out but I just don't see the point of winding myself, or anyone else up, about all the terrible things that might go wrong. I've never found that to be a great approach to life in general really...

I hope you are right Rob S but it seems to me sisu are asset stripping and getting ready for voluntary liquidation. Of course I'm not an expert so obviously not 100%. As I say I hope you are right.

I would rather Cov in Northampton for a bit and still exist than die completely.

Torch- people will always fall for what sisu tell them. It's been proved many times so yes it's a fact. The JR completely went against sisu on all counts and people still defend them albeit it's the minority but they still do. I accept that will always be the case just like some people will always go to Northampton, I don't like that but I accept some people always will go.

Grendel

ArchieLittle

So from the CT article the £590k is based on 27p in the pound owed to ACL, so that means the total debt from CCFC to ACL was a little over 2 million quid.
Did the 300k get deducted from that?
So the maths must be ................

Who knows, all sides will make it up to suit themselves and the FL will have to make a decision.
God help us!

Covstu

I think what pisses me off is the time taken to even come to the point of 'lets look into this', FFS this has been knocking around for an age and the FL are now just going to start talking about it!! Reminds me of the Ents in Lord of the Rings, takes a long time to say anything!!!

Danceswithhorses

At the moment, liquidation would be a crazy move for SISU, however the threat of liquidation is still quite powerful, and is clearly seen by SISU as a valid weapon to use (as has already happened on at least 2 occasions in the past).
However, when they have exhausted all other legal avenues, I believe Joy is eminently capable of using the threat of liquidation again, and this time take it all the way to the brink.
I don't believe she wouldn't lose any sleep over using it either-to her, our emotional attachment to ccfc is a weakness she can exploit for £

Kingokings204

At least I think this stops the points deduction which is a positive. The 590k is in an escrow account waiting to go which is fantastic news for SP and the team as at least they can't say it hasn't been paid to the deadline.

TheOldFive

@BBCCovWarks: The Football League tell us they will consider the issue of Sisu's outstanding debt to ACL at the next Board Meeting on August 7th #CCFC

If we take Sisu's word for it there is nothing to worry about. By which I mean brace yourself for a transfer embargo and a points deduction yet again. Maybe even worse - some Little Club is going to be made an example of soon by the FL to show that LooneyTune at Leeds he can't mess about with them in running a 'prestige marque' - likely it will be us.

Kingokings204

If we take Sisu's word for it there is nothing to worry about. By which I mean brace yourself for a transfer embargo and a points deduction yet again. Maybe even worse - some Little Club is going to be made an example of soon by the FL to show that LooneyTune at Leeds he can't mess about with them in running a 'prestige marque' - likely it will be us.

And people say I'm negative lol

No transfer embargo and the ACL money has been paid albeit via a third party account but I don't care about that as long as it has met the deadline then points can't be deducted

spider_ricoh

The escrow account is interesting - does this mean that the FL has the power to release the full amount if pigs fly and they decide in ACL's favour?

More to the point, whatever the FL decide, can either side appeal? :slap:

Chipfat

The FL will side with Sisu as they have from day 1,, the Coventry area still being used, FFS!!! they have shown no respect for the fans feelings or opinion. In my opinion they won't give a points deduction or have Sisu pay the amount owed and agreed, they will be told to pay a % and given more time to do this.. They have shown a complete lack of power as a governing body, they don't exactly fill me with confidence that the game is in safe hands...

Warwickhunt

They have satisfied the FL condition of paying the £590K into an account with the FL, is it just the case that they decide to pay the sodding money out? someone enlighten me please

Users who are viewing this thread