Football League statement - Coventry City (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Dal

And all the owners before them for that matter.

You don't seem to understand.. keep blaming the past owners is a futile excuse. That facts are since 2008 SISU brought the club to help it get to the promise land of the premiership but did not seem to carry out any due diligence if they did I am sure they would have known about the past owners.

It baffles me why some fans keep bringing up the past owner when SISU should have known the challenges they would meet when they took the club on but have failed miserably.

Don't you think if SISU were smart enough they would have let the club go into administration in 2008 and then put an offer that would have benefit them instead they took it on themselves to take on the clubs past large debts.

At this stage you can't blame the past owners if SISU did not do there homework properly. They were too blinded by the greed of getting hold of the Ricoh.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It's the ones who "stick up " for the sisu clowns who worry me.
None of this would have happened, if sisu had conducted themselves in a professional and decent manner.

Who has stuck up for them? It's the ones who see things differently because of blind hatred who worry me.

Frisky blue

Why do you want Sisu to be given these revenues ?
So that they can hand over 1.8 million a year interest fees to Arvo ?
Where's the Wilson money because its not been spent on the team ?

Because he is a sisu apologist, and is in denial. His lot just cannot accept the fact that sisu were, are and always will be completely wrong for our football club.
Not the brightest I am afraid, and thankfully in a tiny minority.

Kingokings204

I posted up our story with a skysports link earlier.

Just heard sky sport news will do a feature in us before 5pm. I will stay tuned and report back.

Seems sisu desperately want to come back.

kevinleftpeg

Time for the parties to reconcile & agree on some concrete governance, strike a deal, thus enabling us to move forward & bring CCFC back to Coventry.

I write this as someone who really dislikes SISU. However, what do we do? We cannot change what happend yesterday etc.

I want to see CCFC back in Coventry ASAP, support SP & the boys. I may even buy some new shirts. There's circa £1,000 this season from KLP & family for starters!

PUSB & lets move on FFS! I WANT TO WATCH SOME FOOTIE!

Kingokings204

Time for the parties to reconcile & agree on some concrete governance, strike a deal, thus enabling us to move forward & bring CCFC back to Coventry.

I write this as someone who really dislikes SISU. However, what do we do? We cannot change what happend yesterday etc.

I want to see CCFC back in Coventry ASAP, support SP & the boys. I may even buy some new shirts. There's circa £1,000 this season from KLP & family for starters!

PUSB & lets move on FFS! I WANT TO WATCH SOME FOOTIE!

That's the thing KLP. We can blame everyone as much as we want etc but it leads us no where. The future is the most important and that's Ricoh for a week tomorrow and get this thing started.

Operation championship is on.

Hobo

Who has stuck up for them? It's the ones who see things differently because of blind hatred who worry me.

Seeing through their mismanagement of the club, their missed opportunity to buy back into the stadium, their contemptuous attitude to the fans, their lies and red herrings, their contradictory press releases......is not blind hatred. It is seeing the truth and seeing what their game plan was.

Nick

Administrator
Because he is a sisu apologist, and is in denial. His lot just cannot accept the fact that sisu were, are and always will be completely wrong for our football club.
Not the brightest I am afraid, and thankfully in a tiny minority.

Who has said they are right?

Nick

Administrator
Seeing through their mismanagement of the club, their missed opportunity to buy back into the stadium, their contemptuous attitude to the fans, their lies and red herrings, their contradictory press releases......is not blind hatred. It is seeing the truth and seeing what their game plan was.

Oh so thorn really was a great manager then and people didn't back him because they hated sisu?

Hobo

Oh so thorn really was a great manager then and people didn't back him because they hated sisu?

What on earth are you on about?

Frisky blue

What do you mean "who has stuck up for them"?
That is your stock reply, and quite frankly it is becoming tiresome, try reading your own posts. And I might add, my hatred for sisu is certainly not blind, they are destroying our club and our community, but the likes of you seem to accept this as if it were normal, please explain why. On second thoughts, please don't, I really don't want to hear the rantings of the deluded. Sisu are destroying Coventry CIty, that is a fact, to argue against, is irrational and perverse.

Kingokings204

Because some were blinded by their hate to think he was good.Not all

You've lost the plot here Nick. You are confusing yourself here.

As for sky sports news. A tad disappointing as it was only a 30 second spiel from Jim white with no football or interviews. Shame.

We will be back at the Ricoh soon I'm sure.

Frisky blue

And all the owners before them for that matter.
Give it a rest, sisu are at the helm now, nobody else.
Under previous owners we played in Coventry, and had the odd decent player.
The present is all that matters now, in sisu we have no present and no future either.

Nick

Administrator
You've lost the plot here Nick. You are confusing yourself here.

As for sky sports news. A tad disappointing as it was only a 30 second spiel from Jim white with no football or interviews. Shame.

We will be back at the Ricoh soon I'm sure.

What's confused? So people haven't thought things simply out of hatred for sisu and not stopped to look at the bigger picture? not saying people don't have reasons to hate them, just sometimes let that cloud judgement.

Hobo

An example of where people thought things simply because they hated sisu.

Thorn wasn't a manager and didn't even want the job. He was a cheap option for SISU. His appointment, lack of investment in the squad, subsequent relegation fits the timeline of SISU trying to distress ACL.

It is a poorly run business that blames other businesses for their poor performance. It is a poorly run business who blames previous owners for their current predicament. SISU alone are responsible for their stewardship.

You can recognise a poor outfit without hating them.

shmmeee

Because some were blinded by their hate to think he was good.Not all

Nonsense. Some gave him time others wouldn't have had due to the constraints he's working under sure, but couldn't the same be said of Pressley?

Nick

Administrator
Nonsense. Some gave him time others wouldn't have had due to the constraints he's working under sure, but couldn't the same be said of Pressley?

There is nowhere near the same love in for pressley. Some said thorn was better than big sam and fergie couldn't have done better.

Frisky blue

I beg your pardon, what is that all about?
If it isn't Arsenal away gate it's Thorn gate or who said that?
Please read your posts, you surely do, don't you?
Oh dear.

Nick

Administrator
I beg your pardon, what is that all about?
If it isn't Arsenal away gate it's Thorn gate or who said that?
Please read your posts, you surely do, don't you?
Oh dear.

Have a look on here at some who backed him, then look at their other views.

I said who said that because people make things up?

Hobo

Have a look on here at some who backed him, then look at their other views.

I said who said that because people make things up?

Nick, Thorn has gone, so has McGinty, Robinson, Richardson, Elliot along with a whole host of SISU puppets.

Seppalla and Fisher moved us from the Ricoh. It is up to them to negotiate a return. They are responsible for this mess and it will take many many years to recover. The sooner we start the recovery the better. Even an interim deal would be a start.

Godiva

Please explain to me what ACL can do if SISU don't want to pay the market value. Will they pay off Compass's contract??

Isn't ACL in contract with them. Am I right in saying breaking this contract will probably penalise ACL. Are SISU prepared to buy this contract out. This is out of ACL's control and it is for SISU to approach Compass and make a reasonable offer.

You know Rob from the JR they are only interested in the stadium building and not the club. The revenue BS is all smoke screen. Thought you knew this by now.

Why only focus on compass part? It's a joint venture with two parties. Surely ACL can do a deal with the club on their part?

Godiva

There will not be any talks, or as you put it bargaining until the JR is dropped.
how can you be certain?
I still think talks are going on right now and has been for a few weeks.
There are no statements that says talks are not happening.
Even the latest ACL statement says they have no comments as 'matters' aren't concluded. What 'matters'?

They have until the 15th to strike a deal. After that sisu may file their appeal if no deal is signed.

ccfcway

They came along because the club went bust due to the crazy rent deal.

how long were we at the Ricoh before we went into admin ?

2005 - 2007. So that's £1.4 million x 3

Did we go bust with debts of 4.2 million ?, that didn't even touch the surface !

skybluetony176

how can you be certain?
I still think talks are going on right now and has been for a few weeks.
There are no statements that says talks are not happening.
Even the latest ACL statement says they have no comments as 'matters' aren't concluded. What 'matters'?

They have until the 15th to strike a deal. After that sisu may file their appeal if no deal is signed.

I assumed that the outstanding "matters" was are SISU going to appeal or not.

Users who are viewing this thread