Football League Show tonight (1 Viewer)

Forza

Mark Clemmet is doing his "special" this week from Coventry.. can't stand this buffoon! Makes me cringe when he tries to be "mates" with players and managers. And the way the folds on the back of his fat bald head wobble as he nods in sycophantic agreement with whoever he's interviewing. I won't be Sky+ing this one :p

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Couldn't be arsed to watch it. Just hearing the result was bad enough, let alone seeing how we were shown up yet again!

Forza

Robbins came across well I thought. Those shots on the post were agonising. Clemmet gets my goat as always, what a tool!

cornoccfc

Ghost Town and aiming for 21st (aaccording to Leroy) not sure SISU will agree with that!!!

pusbccfc

Twats... Survival is the key... HATE the fls

Sutty

3 points from 8 games. We are now 7th favourites for relegation with the bookies. Yes, survival has to be our new aim, no doubt about it.

Robins came across well though, calls a spade a spade.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Very good coverage I thought. Robins reiterated its going to be tough and changes needed!

Worried that one of his main concerns are that we run out to 'Mr Blue Sky' and he wants something more upbeat. I personally think there are a few things more important than that to be worrying about :)

The CableGuy

What a pair of twats. Survival is our aim? Fook off...finishing "one above the relegation places" is NOT a good season

A couple of weeks ago I may have agreed with you.

Now, its...what? 9 wins from the last 54 league games and this season, 3 points from 24? 8 league games without a win and the worse start to a season in 90ish years?

Did anyone see this coming before the season started? Anyone?

Were 17 points behind the leaders already. Big ask to close that gap.

I would have settled for a goalless draw today, a point to stop the rot and a clean sheet would have been a decent result, we didn't even manage that!

We need to stay up and then in the close season, Robins needs to bring HIS players in and ship out those who clearly aren't good enough, or fast enough, or fit enough.

Paxman II

Very good coverage I thought. Robins reiterated its going to be tough and changes needed!

Worried that one of his main concerns are that we run out to 'Mr Blue Sky' and he wants something more upbeat. I personally think there are a few things more important than that to be worrying about :)

I love that reference to Mr Blue Sky. I've been banging on about the dull 'stuck in the past' attitude for ages. A kindred spirit at last. Got to change everything from the ground up. It's all important. Maybe he will ditch the dreadful 'Sky Blues' and give us a outstanding new kit too. ;) Make the place feel right.

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't agree with all his decisions so far, but he does have a touch of the Clough about him!

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh and great goal, Dele. Reckon he'd have done a better job for us than all of our strikers bar McDoldrick!

cyril

I love that reference to Mr Blue Sky. I've been banging on about the dull 'stuck in the past' attitude for ages. A kindred spirit at last. Got to change everything from the ground up. It's all important. Maybe he will ditch the dreadful 'Sky Blues' and give us a outstanding new kit too. ;) Make the place feel right.

Maybe you agree with me

6 Generations

'Mr Blue Sky', at least reminds me of happier, Highfield Road Sky Blue times.

However, despite the fact that many of us have grown up with the 'Eton boating song', it has passed it's sell by date.

Jimmy Hill was great for our city and our club, but it is time to change our image.

a complete over haul is now required.

if that means dropping 'Mr Blue Sky' ('effin heathens), then so be it.

I was going to sign off with PUSB but it then occurred that this derived from the "Skyblue song'.

I wonder what the 'Bantam' fans sang?

hill83

'Mr Blue Sky', at least reminds me of happier, Highfield Road Sky Blue times.

However, despite the fact that many of us have grown up with the 'Eton boating song', it has passed it's sell by date.

Jimmy Hill was great for our city and our club, but it is time to change our image.

a complete over haul is now required.

if that means dropping 'Mr Blue Sky' ('effin heathens), then so be it.

I was going to sign off with PUSB but it then occurred that this derived from the "Skyblue song'.

I wonder what the 'Bantam' fans sang?

Even 'in our Coventry homes' is stolen off the scousers.
And Mr Blue sky was stolen from the blue side of Manchester. As was our kit colour.

Last edited:

6 Generations

And Mr Blue sky was stolen from the blue side of Manchester. As was our kit colour.
I always thought that 'Mr Blue Sky ' was 'borrowed' from our Bluenose friends.

I remember Liverpool fans singing 'In our Liverpool homes' at Highfield Road.

WillieStanley

I don't agree with all his decisions so far, but he does have a touch of the Clough about him!

I said that to the wife as wevwere watching it. To be fair, the pre-recorded stuff was decent. Kilbane nervously describing the mood a "Optimistic".

I wouldn't mind changing the music... But Robins suggestion was Chelsea Dagger!!!

Block19

Changing mr blue sky or changing the kit colour won't make a slight bit of difference until we get 11 players that have drive,determination and the ambition that the fans (and hopefully) the manager has got. It's the 'o well it's only Coventry they are always bottom' mentality that must change if this club it's to survive

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Also the people on the FL show are a bunch of clueless twats, worst football show ever, bring back The Championship on Itv.

Bigstyle

Have to agree with the original poster; Clemmett is a fucking twat! I hate the bloke with a passion.
Also Manish is a Leicester lover as is Claridge. Even Rosenior gets up my arse!
They need to change the format and team on this drivel of a programme!

the_ferret

Yeah, but on Wednesday, when 9000 City fans have their arms outstretched and its bouncing off the walls at the Emirates it'll still make the hairs on the back on your neck stand up.

Last edited:

coundonskyblue

Our first sky blue kit was in 1889, Man City first had a sky blue kit in 1890.

So if anything they stole sky blue off us!

Why are we constantly trying to change everything about the club? The only thing that needs changing is the team. Our history is important, you shouldnt just throw it away.

I keep reading comments like "in our Coventry homes is stolen from Liverpool", and we should have something unique to us, then in the next sentance we should stop singing Play up Sky Blues, despite the fact that is a unique song to us!

We just need better players, thats all.

The last time we did something major to change our indentity was moving to the Ricoh, and that has worked out well hasnt it!

Diehard Si

I can't remember the last time I watched this.

Probably since we last won. Have no intention of watching us concede all those goals again.

Users who are viewing this thread