Football League deadline update (1 Viewer)

Snozz_is_god

So I hope covmark, ian, ccfc4life will be happy and still support Sisu after the fl have given ccfc another points deduction !!!!!
My first point its only a calculated figure to be paid there is no excuse for not getting it sorted before deadline !!!
Second point is Sisu don't give a fuck about CCFC if prepared to let CCFC to get further sanctions. Just so they can continue their personal fight with Acl !!!

SISU have never cared about the football club, all they want is their money back & they'll stop at nothing until they get it.

The football club, merely has to be kept going in order to play out their game of getting the Ricoh for nothing.

Once that is no longer an option they'll ditch it. It's that bit that worries me.

chiefdave

The administrator included an amount in his report at 636K after deducting the proceeds of the escrow account £536k and the match day payments approx. £230k

The FL decided Otium who are the "new" owners and not party to any lease at the Ricoh should pay ACL £590k. You would have to ask them why they arrived at that figure but I assume that they did it to match the CVA. To then call it "rent" is wrong if they are basing on the CVA. If they wanted the rent liability paid surely they would have insisted on £636K. The FL did not have to impose any figure at all but could impose any figure they liked as compensation.

These are the two key points for me. If Appleton has missed something, either a payment made or liability for a debt, then that is his fault and it will be him SISU need to go after if they have a complaint.

The FL payment is not rent, they may have arrived at the figure based off the proposed CVA (which in itself wasn't entirely rent), but it is not the same payment so I'm struggling to see how SISU can now query what they have to pay. To me it's very clear, Otium (not the company being liquidated or anyone else so that bears little relevance) were ordered to make a payment to ACL as a condition of the golden share being issued to them. The deadline for that payment is today and if the payment is not made we are subject to further sanctions. If the FL stay true to that, and they don't have a great track record of standing up to SISU so far, then should today pass without payment being made the further sanctions come into effect. I would guess it's either a fine, a points deduction or withdrawal of the golden share as SISU haven't met the conditions for it being issued. In reality I suspect SISU will make some vague threat of legal action towards the FL and the deadline will get extended.

Samo

You have to say, the timing of this story coming out is quite remarkable.

It could hardly be less remarkable! The deadline is today so if there is a reason for non payment it will need to be discussed.

Ml: oh look we've found a way to delay payment, knowing the football league will do nothing about it, as we have kept them up to date with everything.

skybluetony176

It could hardly be less remarkable! The deadline is today so if there is a reason for non payment it will need to be discussed.

Perhaps the word should be convenient or inconvenient. Depending on the eventual outcome and whether you are the recipient or payee. Unfortunately if there is going to be a victim, yet again that's going to be the team and us supporters.

Ian1779

So I hope covmark, ian, ccfc4life will be happy and still support Sisu after the fl have given ccfc another points deduction !!!!!
My first point its only a calculated figure to be paid there is no excuse for not getting it sorted before deadline !!!
Second point is Sisu don't give a fuck about CCFC if prepared to let CCFC to get further sanctions. Just so they can continue their personal fight with Acl !!!

So have we already had a points deduction or are you merely guessing again?

At no point have I ever said that SISU shouldn't pay the money to ACL. What I do think should happen is that when SISU pay the 590K - then the 300K should really be returned to Robinson/McGinnity. Or would you be happy with your council buddies having an extra 300K??

As a guarantor - if you have to pay something as a result of the original party not paying, it goes against the arrears... it's not a bonus.

As for sanctions - if it gets there, there is no justification for SISU allowing there to be another points deduction.

sky blue john

So have we already had a points deduction or are you merely guessing again?

At no point have I ever said that SISU shouldn't pay the money to ACL. What I do think should happen is that when SISU pay the 590K - then the 300K should really be returned to Robinson/McGinnity. Or would you be happy with your council buddies having an extra 300K??

As a guarantor - if you have to pay something as a result of the original party not paying, it goes against the arrears... it's not a bonus.

As for sanctions - if it gets there, there is no justification for SISU allowing there to be another points deduction.

The 300k paid this week was to do with the escrow account and nothing to do with this 590k payment imposed by the fl !!!

Samo

Perhaps the word should be convenient or inconvenient. Depending on the eventual outcome and whether you are the recipient or payee. Unfortunately if there is going to be a victim, yet again that's going to be the team and us supporters.

I really do hope not, another points deduction could be the final nail in the coffin for many.

Ian1779

The 300k paid this week was to do with the escrow account and nothing to do with this 590k payment imposed by the fl !!!

What? They were guarantors for the rent not being paid. The amount agreed by FL was in relation to unpaid rent. So although not directly linked they are obviously connected.

So are you happy that ACL get an extra 300K for nothing??

Also - In Simons article it says in the final part that the sum has been paid into the escrow account awaiting transfer to ACL. It says the liquidator controls that account. So we are waiting on Appleton I presume?

Ian1779

In addition - would it not be very difficult for the FL to impose a sanction on something that is outside of their (and the club's control)?

Samo

Personally I don't care if Sisu don't pay up. If they don't we may sooner see the back of them rather than later !!

Who's using the family brain cell today John?

RegTheDonk

Seems that the FL's idea of hiding under a blanket and hoping things will sort themselves out isn't working.

Can we get a poll ready chaps? Who's fault will it be when we get the next set of points deductions?

Samo

Obviously you would rather keep Sisu at the helm !!!

Not at all, I hope they meet with nasty accidents. But non-payment will not get rid of them any more than an empty sixfields.

covmark

Show me a post where I've supported sisu, you just make stuff up as you go along, you're either very bored or very thick.

skybluetony176

I really do hope not, another points deduction could be the final nail in the coffin for many.

Agreed. I don't think the team that finished last season was as good as the team that started and if there is no marked improvement in the strength and depth of the team before the start of next season I would fear relegation without a points deduction.

I would also fear for SP's commitment to the club. Who would put up with 3 points deductions in 3 consecutive seasons.

And even more worrying is the hindrance it would cause in recruiting player's to improve the strength and depth of the team. If you were a player and had 2 identical offers from clubs in the same league, one was starting the season with a points deduction and playing 35miles from where it should be to a pitiful audience with no atmosphere and the other team wasn't, which would you pick?

I know we're getting ahead of ourselves here but it is a worry.

Samo

Agreed. I don't think the team that finished last season was as good as the team that started and if there is no marked improvement in the strength and depth of the team before the start of next season I would fear relegation without a points deduction.

I would also fear for SP's commitment to the club. Who would put up with 3 points deductions in 3 consecutive seasons.

And even more worrying is the hindrance it would cause in recruiting player's to improve the strength and depth of the team. If you were a player and had 2 identical offers from clubs in the same league, one was starting the season with a points deduction and playing 35miles from where it should be to a pitiful audience with no atmosphere and the other team wasn't, which would you pick?

I know we're getting ahead of ourselves here but it is a worry.

Yep. It would be a disaster. (The latest in a long line of)

skybluetony176

What? They were guarantors for the rent not being paid. The amount agreed by FL was in relation to unpaid rent. So although not directly linked they are obviously connected.

So are you happy that ACL get an extra 300K for nothing??

Also - In Simons article it says in the final part that the sum has been paid into the escrow account awaiting transfer to ACL. It says the liquidator controls that account. So we are waiting on Appleton I presume?

Its not clear what they were guarantors for Ian. That is the crux of the story.

If the £300k went straight to SP I doubt many would complain but I think we all know that won't be the case.

The last part is possibly the most confusing part for me. Surely the agreement is between Otium and the FL? Sod all to do with Appleton I would have thought?

Ian1779

Its not clear what they were guarantors for Ian. That is the crux of the story.

If the £300k went straight to SP I doubt many would complain but I think we all know that won't be the case.

The last part is possibly the most confusing part for me. Surely the agreement is between Otium and the FL? Sod all to do with Appleton I would have thought?

I agree about the last part - very confusing. So was the FL charge connected to the liquidation or not? No one seems to know.

As for the 300K, the rates rebate to CCFC.. are these all coming out as the liquidator digs further? Why can't Appleton come out and make a statement and say what is taking so long - and what is reliant on him finishing the process.

Astute

I am a little worried about this.

We were only allowed to play last season on the understanding that this 590k would be paid by the end of this month. So if we got a points deduction over this would it be against last seasons points tally? If so we will find ourselves in Division 4 next season. Is this what they want so they don't have to put a better squad together than we already have and then blame it all on the FL?

The Gentleman

No excuses you fuckers.
If this results in another points reduction I'm going to boycott home games...... oh.
I'll stop buying home shirts..... oh.
I'll be pissed off...... oh.
There's nowhere else to go other than total apathy. Fuck it all.
Wankers.

There is always golf Hill.

skybluetony176

I am a little worried about this.

We were only allowed to play last season on the understanding that this 590k would be paid by the end of this month. So if we got a points deduction over this would it be against last seasons points tally? If so we will find ourselves in Division 4 next season. Is this what they want so they don't have to put a better squad together than we already have and then blame it all on the FL?

I don't know if that would even be possible. Still, it will be another divide in the fan base. Was it the sisu points deduction that got us relegated or the "ACL points" that got us relegated? I can see the threads now ;-)

Last edited:

Astute

I don't know if that would even be possible. Still, it will be another divide in the fan base. Was it the sisu points dedication that got us relegated or the "ACL points" that got us relegated? I can see the threads now ;-)

Of course we have a few that will blame CCC/ACL if it happens. The biggest shock would be if we didn't.

sky blue john

Bye bye Sisu I would like to say it was nice knowing you but it wasn't !!
You can keep the sixfields posse i'm sure they will follow you to the bitter end !!!

Evans1883

And AGAIN i ask ...what do these clowns want with ccfc , what are they here for , they are losing money , they have no vested interest in the squad or the fans , they care little for other companies or the local economy of the businesses in the holbrooks area of the city affected by the last years fiasco .... WHAT DO YOU WANT

Samo

A empty Sixfields will let them know they have lost the supporters and they cannot make money. It would be the end game.

As I've said before...
They lost around 8,500 paying customers when they left the Ricoh and they took that hit, but you think those last 1,500 will make the difference? It's small change! They don't give a fuck about the support at the moment, it's all about winning the war. I'm sure if they ended up with the Ricoh there would then be a charm offensive but at the moment an empty Sixfields would change nothing, not a fucking thing! I'm staggered that people cannot see that.

Grendel

As I've said before...
They lost around 8,500 paying customers when they left the Ricoh and they took that hit, but you think those last 1,500 will make the difference? It's small change! They don't give a fuck about the support at the moment, it's all about winning the war. I'm sure if they ended up with the Ricoh there would then be a charm offensive but at the moment an empty Sixfields would change nothing, not a fucking thing! I'm staggered that people cannot see that.

Most people can. Its only those that share a brain cell like SBJ and no fitness test with sisu that can't.

Houdi

As I've said before...
Why??? Because all it is, is just your opinion not an established fact. You maybe right that if virtually no one went to Sixfield both SISU and the Football League wouldn't give a damn, but no one can know that for certain,because it never happened. \Both points of views are arguable points, that is why it has come up continually for over 12 months, and will no doubt be argued until there is finally a resolution to this shambles.

Users who are viewing this thread