Football Lads Alliance (FLA) (1 Viewer)

oucho

Has anyone on here had anything to do with the FLA? Sure I read a post from someone a while back saying they were going to one of their demos in London.

A bit of Googling implies they're possibly a sort of front group for anti-Muslim types, but it's not really clear. I ask because the FLA has been in the news and don't really know what to make of them....generally though I do not trust groups whose marches include placards protesting about Sharia law, "for Britain" etc etc.

Otis

Wasn't there another thread on here some time back about the same thing?

Sure I remember seeing it.

fernandopartridge

Has anyone on here had anything to do with the FLA? Sure I read a post from someone a while back saying they were going to one of their demos in London.

A bit of Googling implies they're possibly a sort of front group for anti-Muslim types, but it's not really clear. I ask because the FLA has been in the news and don't really know what to make of them....generally though I do not trust groups whose marches include placards protesting about Sharia law, "for Britain" etc etc.
Weirdo

clint van damme

haven't the group splintered and there is now a Democratic football lads alliance?
Something to do with money or promised donation not materialising I believe.

oucho

It's just a bizarre thread following on from your earlier one on the same subject. What has prompted it?
Perhaps unfair of me to call you a weirdo though so apologies for that.
I explained in the OP that I'd seen it in the news in the last day or so. I'd seen this group mentioned for the first time on this forum ages back, then in a couple of news articles over the course of the season. This thread was prompted by the article I'd seen and the fact it wasn't clear what kind of group this is, hence I was asking other supporters' views. To me it looks a hell of a lot like a racist group claiming "football fans" as a cover.

I don't know many Muslim people or much about Islamic life in the UK but I do not understand why there seem to be a hard core of idiots who get inflamed about Mosques being built, Muslims choosing not to eat pork, live under their own customs etc. I had the misfortune of walking past an EDL rally in Lincoln city centre a couple of years ago, you wouldn't believe the sort of sorry, scummy people attending. Trust me, I don't need them to defend me or my family from anything.

Just seems funny that as the EDL has fallen apart, now a new group, has arisen. I've never met any football fan who has seemed particularly motivated by "terrorism" to join or form a football fans group to campaign against "terrorism" - it looks a bit to me like football is being used to define a group of people as "white, English working class" and against minorities in the UK. But I would like to hear the views of those who know more.

P.S. apology accepted.

skybluetony176

I saw a video of it or to be more precise Tommy Robinson at it going from media outlet to media outlet before it started trying to trick them into saying it was a right wing movement so he could play the what? Who? Me victim card. Funny thing was in a ironic (maybe that should be moronic) way the only person who was spouting FLA and right wing in the same sentence at that point was the victim known as Tommy Robinson.

Still. The march passed by peacefully without a hint of racist chanting. That will teach the media for victimising these poor fellas by trying to label them as right wing without a hint cajoling to do so from Tommy Robinson;)

Covkid1968#

It's clearly a right wing racist movement tagged on the back of football. I know a few of the Cov lads who have got involved, but I would personally steer well clear of it......

Westendlad

I saw a video of it or to be more precise Tommy Robinson at it going from media outlet to media outlet before it started trying to trick them into saying it was a right wing movement so he could play the what? Who? Me victim card. Funny thing was in a ironic (maybe that should be moronic) way the only person who was spouting FLA and right wing in the same sentence at that point was the victim known as Tommy Robinson.

Still. The march passed by peacefully without a hint of racist chanting. That will teach the media for victimising these poor fellas by trying to label them as right wing without a hint cajoling to do so from Tommy Robinson;)
So basically you're saying Tommy Robinson is a racist ?

ajsccfc

He's just your standard misunderstood truth-teller, saying what we're all thinking. Not a bigot stirring up hatred, no proof of that at all. Good lad, our Tommy who picked his pretend name from a noted hooligan.

Westendlad

In 2011 didn't he say that 'every single Muslim in the UK had got away with the 7/7 bombings?'
Hmmmm perhaps he could of said that with a bit more thought ! He was voicing his anger at the the lunatic core of the Muslim population.

ajsccfc

Say something intentionally incendiary, apologise on the quiet later. Damage done, job done. Textbook

Sick Boy

Hmmmm perhaps he could of said that with a bit more thought ! He was voicing his anger at the the lunatic core of the Muslim population.

If someone had blamed all middle aged white British men for the actions of the terrorist, Darren Osborne, I'm sure you'd have the same reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread