Football is back!!!! Premier League (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Its being reported that from next weekend the PL will stop broadcasting all games via a combination of BBC, Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon. The new plan is that any games not on the 'normal' TV schedule, ie the ones that would be broadcast if crowds were allowed in, will now move PPV at £15 a game via Sky and BT.

Suspect the use of illegal streams will go through the roof. I'll happily chuck a tenner a game at CCFC but I'm not going to put money into the pocket of PL clubs already making millions through existing TV deals.

clint van damme

Its being reported that from next weekend the PL will stop broadcasting all games via a combination of BBC, Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon. The new plan is that any games not on the 'normal' TV schedule, ie the ones that would be broadcast if crowds were allowed in, will now move PPV at £15 a game via Sky and BT.

Suspect the use of illegal streams will go through the roof. I'll happily chuck a tenner a game at CCFC but I'm not going to put money into the pocket of PL clubs already making millions through existing TV deals.

that explains the on-going assault on IPTVs.

clint van damme

Mine was cut off a couple of weeks ago, have to go through a vpn now just to watch regular sky/BT Sport games.

same, started with a VPN two weeks ago, (got one on a weeks trial) because the provider said it would be OK after a week but there were issues last weekend so I've had to subscribe now.

Nick

Administrator
They are hitting IPTV hard. Expect a lot of providers to be either fined or sent down.

SlowerThanPlatt

Interesting decision in the Everton game. Pickford wipes out Van Djik and he has to go off injured. No card given as the move was adjusted to be offside - violent conduct would be a red card but not foul play

stay_up_skyblues

Interesting decision in the Everton game. Pickford wipes out Van Djik and he has to go off injured. No card given as the move was adjusted to be offside - violent conduct would be a red card but not foul play

It was a shocker of a tackle worthy of a red card. Would have been a bizarre scenario for him to be sent off but no penalty given.

chiefdave

VAR ruined another game. Pickford should have been off, the offside is irrelevant. Why on earth was the ref not told to go and take a look on the screen?

And no way you can rule the Liverpool 'winner' off for offside. Why is the near 20cm margin of error never mentioned? All the summarisers arguing if he's millimetres on or off, the technology isn't anywhere near accurate enough to be measuring things in millimetres.

no_loyalty

David Moyes missing for the last two West Ham games and they won both, back today and they concede after 1, 7 and 16 minutes.

no_loyalty

Van Dijk has done his ACL.

no_loyalty

West Ham score three in the last 10 minutes.

Frostie

I didn’t have the comms on. Did they say it was his arm then? Games fucked if that’s offside.

Changed the rules this season so that top part of the arm (to bottom of sleeve) isn't deemed handball anymore so would need to be included in any offside decision too.

That said, it's still utter fucking nonsense & ridiculous to keep giving these offsides by millimetres when the technology has around 15-20cm margin of error 🤦🏼‍♂️

chiefdave

I suspect its another VAR fuck up and they spent so long deciding if he was offside or not they forgot to check the actual tackle.

Remember this season they are supposed to refer it back to the ref at the game and tell him its worth another look. There's no way you watch a replay of that tackle and don't think its worth flagging it to the ref to review it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

VAR reviewed the incident and decided that Liverpool should not be awarded a penalty as Van Dijk was in an offside position. VAR also concluded that Pickford's challenge was not worthy of a red card.

Dangerous precedent to set. Esp considering Dunk got sent off for a very similar challenge for Brighton and Richarlison got set off in the same game for a reckless challenge.

It does feel like keepers think they're exempt from certain laws. Amount of times you see a keeper just come steaming into the back of someone at a corner, go into aerial challenges with studs/knees up or pull someone back when through is ridiculous yet any other player would instantly have a penalty against them and a red card.

Paul Anthony

I think most fans of the sport would probably admit they find it ridiculous that Pickford can't be given retrospective action for that.

Nick

Administrator
Himenez kicks out and var doesn't even think it's a booking or anything.

Much worse than others that have been given red.

What's the point if they aren't consistent

Users who are viewing this thread