Football Focus- Lawro and Cov game review (1 Viewer)

GaryPendrysEyes

Lawro:

"I've heard Cov are £60m in debt
Cant afford to pay the rent
Need the money from this game but it's a drop in the ocean
Hanging on to a (survival) raft"

Can one of the Sisu apologists (Grendel, Torch, or SBTaylor) contact the BBC and put him straight about Sisu and how great theyve been.

Ta

Mucca Mad Boys

He said we can't afford rent, I think that is a point to the 'apologists', all of what you've just said would suggest CCFC need a rent reduction... :facepalm:

I don't like to be labelled, but I'm not a SISU apologist, a CCFC apologist.

Moff

Lawro:

"I've heard Cov are £60m in debt
Cant afford to pay the rent
Need the money from this game but it's a drop in the ocean
Hanging on to a (survival) raft"

Can one of the Sisu apologists (Grendel, Torch, or SBTaylor) contact the BBC and put him straight about Sisu and how great theyve been.

Ta

Reading that you believe what Lawrenson says, shows you are about as much in the loop as what he is.
You appear to be a old hasbeen ex liverpool but failed manager apologist.

Gray

Tim Fisher told me we aint a penny i debt. And i believe every word he says!

torchomatic

You should have contacted the BBC and said you were more interested in ACL than your football club. I'm on the side of CCFC so if that makes me an "apologist" then so be it. Bothered?

Ta

Brighton Sky Blue

A lot of newspaper attention on us thanks to this game, though much of the analysis was at best superficial and at worst plain wrong. Mr Lawrenson falls into the latter.

Bugsy

What no mention of sba in full voice....

torchomatic

And he's as camp as Christmas.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep - doesn't know enough about the club to comment - best not to if you don't know enough Lawro!

No Sisu apologist but they have appointed by hook or by crook a brilliant manager and have backed it up with some excellent loan players and 2 permanent signings that enable us to compete near the top of this league.

As many have said it is not that we can't afford to pay our rent - there is another motive for not paying. This is what is not clear and I think ACL could be more wise in bringing out the real motives of Sisu

GaryPendrysEyes

Tim Fisher told me we aint a penny i debt. And i believe every word he says!

Yeah we are told we have zero debt, then get the country's leading pundit saying we are 60m in debt on national TV.
Grendel better get his Sisu headed notepaper out..... And tell Lawro what great shape Sisu have got us in over the last 5 years....

Grendel

Yeah we are told we have zero debt, then get the country's leading pundit saying we are 60m in debt on national TV.
Grendel better get his Sisu headed notepaper out..... And tell Lawro what great shape Sisu have got us in over the last 5 years....

You still haven't told is your job at ACL. Are you the tea boy? I'll have 2 sugars in mine thanks.

GaryPendrysEyes

Do I believe Sisu pay you? Probably not, you just like being an oily grovelling creep...

Lawro is the most well known pundit in the county, yes.

GaryPendrysEyes

Oh, and Grendel, Sisu have done a great job over the last 5 years right? We're in great shape, right? Go tell Lawro big fella!

Grendel

Oh, and Grendel, Sisu have done a great job over the last 5 years right? We're in great shape, right? Go tell Lawro big fella!

Strangely we could be watching a game in 2000 and then Lawro "the country's most famous TV pundit" would have said "Coventry are in big trouble £60 million in debt and they have sold their ground". Five years ago the worlds greatest authority of football could have said "Coventry are in real trouble they are going into administration and can't even pay for their own players". Now oddly I don't think you'd be making such an issue then. Is that because ACL weren't involved?

GaryPendrysEyes

So Grendel are you telling us Sisu haven't moved the club forward in 5 years?

I'll give you a clue, its not even that good, we also are in Div 3 now, and our gates are half that of 5 years ago....

Grendel

I'll give you a clue, its not even that good, we also are in Div 3 now, and our gates are half that of 5 years ago....

Thought so. Wouldn't answer the question. Did it bother you when we were refusing to pay transfer fees? Were you writing to Southampton telling them to wind is up?

What about in 2000 when gates were as they are now. We're you as angry then when we were renting out own ground and £60 mill in debt.

Or is only when ACL are involved you are bothered? Not odd that.....

torchomatic

I lost respect for SISU personally when they got rid of Gary Gillespie and sacked |Gordon Milne. Oh, and I hated it when they got rid of Eric Black too, a big error in my opinion. However, selling our own ground, Highfield Road was the final straw, unforgivable. And then they add insult to injury by getting Mark Robins and then overseeing a disgusting record-breaking run of away game victories. Bastards, the lot of them.

I'm going to support ACL like you, GP.

Get up in the morning, slaving for rent, sir,
so that every ACL mouth can be fed.
Poor me, the ACLaelite. Aah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5JHGi0awgc

valiant15

Torchy claims to be a hater of Richardson but then sticks up for sisu. What a 2 faced Dick. I personally think he used to love him. I hope when sisu piss off so will their retarded deluded followers.

Mucca Mad Boys

Torchy claims to be a hater of Richardson but then sticks up for sisu. What a 2 faced Dick. I personally think he used to love him. I hope when sisu piss off so will their retarded deluded followers.

... And leave the club for dead. Good one :facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

Why would the club be left for dead? The majority of gans wany them out,only a select few like you love them.

For starters, we'd have no owners so we'd have to declare admin, and then have to find new investors, and whose's to say they be better than SISU.

They were destined to fail from the start, remember what Alki Dave said? Proved prophetic didn't it?

I'm only guilty of loving CCFC here, I don't love the owners, no one loves the owners, it's people like you who exaggerate how bad they are, but at the end of the day, they rescued the club, they've put a lot of money into the club. It's things like paying high rent, not owning the ground, not owning the training ground play a big role in CCFC struggling financially. Don't you find it funny that when the club try to get a better rent agreement, the fans turn against the club?

At the end of the day, why do CCFC supporters care about how much we pay, 400k is seemingly fair, but if you get it down to sub 100-200k, why not strive for that.

I do like Otis' idea of paying what we can as a show of good-will, BUT, that would compromise us at the negotiating table, if we pay 300k because we can afford that, we wouldn't be able to push for a cheaper deal.

Last edited:

theferret

It's common knowledge that SISU have written off the debt (which was only ever owed to them anyway) as equity, which should be reflected in the next set of accounts when they are filed. There really is no mystery here.

Apart from the stadium issue, we have no external creditors, i.e we don't owe the taxman or local suppliers etc. 60 million in debt? Nonsense, and shockingly poor research.

hill83

Nobody I know talks about getting Sisu out or hating them or anything like that. I only here about it from about 5 relentless posters on here. It's so far off my radar, I genuinely don't give a shit who owns the club as long as we have a club to support.

torchomatic

I am a hater of Richardson, he sold our ground. We wouldn't be in the position we're in now if he hadn't've done that. I stick up for SISU because they ARE Coventry City.

Anyway, if I want the opinion of a small minded racist then I'll send you a PM.

torchomatic

But out for who? IS the Tooth Fairy going to take us over then?

Why would the club be left for dead? The majority of gans wany them out,only a select few like you love them.

coundonskyblue

I am a hater of Richardson, he sold our ground. We wouldn't be in the position we're in now if he hadn't've done that. I stick up for SISU because they ARE Coventry City.

Anyway, if I want the opinion of a small minded racist then I'll send you a PM.

Slightly slanderous comment.

mark82

SISU made a mess of last season but they are trying to turn us into a profitable business by sorting the rent issue. It is crippling the club and we wouldn't be viable for takeover by anyone else in our current state. Why should they be happy just throwing money away?

It is in everyone's best interests for SISU to succeed in making the club profitable and more successful.

AFCCOVENTRY

106921hp2.jpg

standupforcity

Lawro also needs to change his 80s shirts and hair

I agree...he looks and sounds in need of a complete make-over if not a mind and slouching body swap...shame! Sad really! And it was certainly very depressing to hear him rattle on about City without having much of a clue about what he was talking about....just jumping on the bandwagon and feeding off a few morsals of rumour....mind you, how many of us really knows what's going on?

Users who are viewing this thread