Football creditors rule (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This was the reaction of the Football League to HMRC losing the latest challenge in court.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/fo...-to-leagues-insolvency-policy_2293334_2788255

Says it all really. Self interest, weak leadership and the only real justification is that current insolvency law allows them to do it.

From where I sit there doesnt appear to be any effective policy in respect of insolvent clubs - simply because it might affect the number of teams in the league according to the article

I am not for lots of government legislation - but if it takes that to break this immoral and inequitable rule in football then so be it, they bring it upon themselves

How can they say they address the insolvency issues when they fail to deal with clubs like Pompey ! not to mention others like ourselves. Tie it all in with lack of correct Fit and Proper, then no transparency of ownership and those charged with the governance of Football do a pretty poor job. Their solution is to sweep it under the carpet and hope it goes away!

Brighton Sky Blue

I saw the court decision the other day and I've got to say I was hardly surprised by the outcome. Football clubs abuse their community positions in such a way that they use them to run themselves recklessly and into the ground, expecting to be saved every time because nobody wants to dissolve community assets; smaller clubs don't always get such leniency (Darlington, Boston, Nuneaton, Chester, countless others). The moral sent out is quite simple: Spend whatever you want on whatever you want; if it goes belly up, the taxpayer will pick up the bill. Millions of pounds stolen from the public purse and local businesses simply puts regular people's livelihoods at risk and puts more pressure on Dave and George to make cuts-something the FL seem to care very little about.

Users who are viewing this thread