Food and Beverage revenues (2 Viewers)

Grendel

OK. Could've sworn it was football revenues in cash as it were, plus the rest for FFP. But I honestly can't remember.

So F&B at the Ricoh is slightly more profitable than at HR then? (until we get Grendel's explanation). If we made £100k on 9k average crowd as opposed to £84k on 14k crowds?

Maybe pies just aren't that profitable?

The statement James quotes shows actual revenue not profit so it says the revenue from match day receipts was £3.3 million and catering was around £87,000 so that is 25 pence per person per game.

wingy

Don't know why but I reckon we had done something similar to the RICOH and farmed out to COMPASS or the like.

bigfatronssba

Don't know why but I reckon we had done something similar to the RICOH and farmed out to COMPASS or the like.

I seem to remember something like that as well. The food went horrible overnight, and the counter staff didn't know what they were doing.

I remember witnessing a half time in the east stand where the supervisor was having to go out the back. He told this young girl working behind the counter to just keep dishing out the pints (meaning someone else would concentrate on the food), the girl interpreted it as just hand pints out to everyone. Within about a minute half the east stand were getting their free pint!

Paxman II

They didn't off revenues plus £400k rent. They offered to cross invoice to allow for ffp according to the q and a and even that woad subject to agreement of Compass.

12: £100,000 has been publicised as the value of food and beverage income – is this 50% of the profits i.e. ACL’s half from the EIC joint venture?

ACL: In principle – we have all accepted that more work is needed on the detail of this, and it needs to be agreed with ACL’s contracted partner Compass, so it is not simply in ACL’s gift. Of course match-day income is also influenced by attendances, these we have seen drop from an average of 13,126 in 11/12 to a current year to date average of 9,259

Match-day F&B Turnover in 11/12 season was £1,010,992, with Nett Profit of £119,903.

ACL would be willing to give CCFC full details of the F & B accounts and were prepared to go open book and even allow CCFC to use the revenue figures in the clubs FFP calculations?

I still can't believe they only make c10% profit on F&B's, that's very poor and way below what pubs and restaurants would be aiming for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Can't help thinking there is a major problem with that figure of over 1m and yet just over 10% profit?
But what do I know...I'm a moron :)

Rusty Trombone

Can't help thinking there is a major problem with that figure of over 1m and yet just over 10% profit?
But what do I know...I'm a moron :)

Impossible to tell anything without knowing what they are classing as costs. In the days before Rugby was properly professional the bar at Coundon Rd used to make a loss, not that I'm suggesting that the cash was given to the players as payment, that would not be provable.

Hobo

Brian Clough paying unoffi
cial bonuses to players direct from at the gate payments.
Or is it just untrained/incompetent staff.

Sky Blue Kid

Grenduffy..How many people attended Highfield road in total that season?......................................................................Come on, don't be a lazy F**ker again, do your own research.

Sky Blue Kid

There you go lazy F**k......Click on "Show" for attendance figures for game. Then add 'em up yourself...........en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003–04_Coventry_City_F.C._season‎

Sky Blue Kid

There you go lazy F**k......Click on "Show" for attendance figures for game. Then add 'em up yourself...........en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003–04_Coventry_City_F.C._season‎

Grendel

The point I assume of this latest thread is to discredit the argument revenues from these sources is required

Pretty much every independent analyst would disagree with this. As an attempt to back up the argument a season is picked where it is suggested the average revenue gained is around £85,000 spread across 335,000 paying customers. No one seems to actually question this when its obvious this cannot be true of a club in charge of its own catering on matchdays.

A subsequent statement comments that the club have now been offered such revenues whereas actually they have not.

James Smith

OK. Could've sworn it was football revenues in cash as it were, plus the rest for FFP. But I honestly can't remember.

So F&B at the Ricoh is slightly more profitable than at HR then? (until we get Grendel's explanation). If we made £100k on 9k average crowd as opposed to £84k on 14k crowds?

Maybe pies just aren't that profitable?

I've found Tim's actual quote from the CCFC website where Tim Answers "Big Questions"

Tim Fisher in Fisher answers big questions said:
So, as I say, we feel we are very close to an agreement on rent but we have to be able to access those matchday revenues. If we don’t, the playing squad will suffer and we will be placed into a downward spiral. People may say food and beverage revenues are not very significant but in the final year at Highfield Road, they amounted to more than £1million.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/tim-fisher-qa-673570.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

So we took a million in our final year at HR wonder how much profit we made on that given the profit figures for 2003/4.

Grendel

James Smith

The point I assume of this latest thread is to discredit the argument revenues from these sources is required

Pretty much every independent analyst would disagree with this. As an attempt to back up the argument a season is picked where it is suggested the average revenue gained is around £85,000 spread across 335,000 paying customers. No one seems to actually question this when its obvious this cannot be true of a club in charge of its own catering on matchdays.
I didn't pick that year it was one that came up when I was looking up stuff on the web to do with the Higgs.

Last edited:

James Smith

All the accounts figures you quote are revenue not profit.

I said that we took a million in our final year as stated by Tim and wondered how much of that was profit. Are you saying we made 86k revenue at HR in 2003/4 or just backing up the fact that I only mentioned revenue and asked about profit (if so very nice of you, but not really needed)?

Last edited:

shmmeee

I don't think matchday revenues are the key anyway.

The entire point of the Ricoh project was access to the non-matchday revenues as well.

Higgs should offer their share for the agreed price, everyone drops their lawsuits and we come home by Easter. Joy sells to Byng for redevelopment and HS2 links. Everybody's happy. Champions League 2017.

James Smith

A subsequent statement comments that the club have now been offered such revenues whereas actually they have not.
SBT Q&A said:
ACL: In principle – we have all accepted that more work is needed on the detail of this, and it needs to be agreed with ACL’s contracted partner Compass, so it is not simply in ACL’s gift.
http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index...ticle/227-full-version-of-qaa-to-acl-and-ccfc
I assumed from the statement that the word gift implied that ACL had offered actual cash as if it was just cross invoicing then why would they need to get the agreement of Compass? I may be wrong and am happy to be corrected if anyone actually has seen the offer.

Grendel

I said that we took a million in our final year as stated by Tim and wondered how much of that was profit. Are you saying we made 86k revenue at HR in 2003/4 or just backing up the fact that I only mentioned revenue and asked about profit (if so very nice of you, but not really needed)?

The article puts the food figure along with matchday ticket sales so its a very strange article if it says the clubs revenue from ticket sales is x and then reverts to profit for another item.

If you believe its profit why quote this at all when the club have constantly maintained revenues are a key driver? The figure is irrelevant.

Highfield road also is a totally irrelevant comparison. I can well believe that a million was takes that's around £3 per paying customer but the club sub contracted a lot if the catering out. In the concourse in the Main Stand for example the catering was an independent burger van that was outside the ground before being moved in when the gates opened. The facilities inside were too limited.

Also as stated the club subsequently have not, as stu has pointed out, actually been offered access at all to such revenues certainly not to my knowledge.

This thread indicated or at least suggests that the revenues are "worth" only around £85,000 or 25p per customer. This is nonsense isn't it?

James Smith

The article puts the food figure along with matchday ticket sales so its a very strange article if it says the clubs revenue from ticket sales is x and then reverts to profit for another item.

If you believe its profit why quote this at all when the club have constantly maintained revenues are a key driver? The figure is irrelevant.

Highfield road also is a totally irrelevant comparison. I can well believe that a million was takes that's around £3 per paying customer but the club sub contracted a lot if the catering out. In the concourse in the Main Stand for example the catering was an independent burger van that was outside the ground before being moved in when the gates opened. The facilities inside were too limited.

Also as stated the club subsequently have not, as stu has pointed out, actually been offered access at all to such revenues certainly not to my knowledge.

This thread indicated or at least suggests that the revenues are "worth" only around £85,000 or 25p per customer. This is nonsense isn't it?

Well what interested me was Tim quoted a million revenue two seasons later, the last one at HR and if the figure I quoted in the first post was profit then that sort of makes sense. If it was revenue then then the sales were more than seriously crap as you say at 25p per supporter and there was a massive jump between the seasons and I wondered what the explanation for that was? Also can you explain what the word Gift means in the SBT Q&A if not cash?

Grendel

Absolutely brilliant comeback James Ooooooooooooooooossshhhhhhhhhhhhh. crash and burn Grenduffy lmfao.

Grenduffy..How many people attended Highfield road in total that season?......................................................................Come on, don't be a lazy F**ker again, do your own research.

I have to say, I am very envious of your superior IQ you were bragging about.

It really shines through in posts like these.

Rusty Trombone

Well what interested me was Tim quoted a million revenue two seasons later, the last one at HR and if the figure I quoted in the first post was profit then that sort of makes sense. If it was revenue then then the sales were more than seriously crap as you say at 25p per supporter and there was a massive jump between the seasons and I wondered what the explanation for that was? Also can you explain what the word Gift means in the SBT Q&A if not cash?

They mean it's not simply in their power to sell, other parties are involved.

Stafford_SkBlue

The point made was that the t/o for catering was £1m, this did not necessary go through the Club as it was subcontracted out, as already pointed out.
It was given as a illustration to what t/o we could receive to help the fair play rules, which now you probably would not sub contract out, as you would be losing that revenue on the books.
Quite straightforward, but don't expect to see it in CCFC old accounts.

Fishers estimation on the amount of pies that would be sold included the amount that he would eat. Therefore the volume sold at HR needs to uplifted by 127% to take account of this.

stupot07

http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index...ticle/227-full-version-of-qaa-to-acl-and-ccfc
I assumed from the statement that the word gift implied that ACL had offered actual cash as if it was just cross invoicing then why would they need to get the agreement of Compass? I may be wrong and am happy to be corrected if anyone actually has seen the offer.

"It's not in my gift" is just a saying, meaning that it is not in their power to just agree that I.e. Without agreement from compass.

A cleverly worded answer which i suspect you've taken literally.

Of course they would need the agreement of their partner and shareholder compass to cross invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

"It's not in my gift" is just a saying, meaning that it is not in their power to just agree that I.e. Without agreement from compass.

Of course they would need the agreement of their partner and shareholder compass to cross invoice.

Exactly - nothing had been agreed - just Weber Shadwick in overdrive

Hobo

The trouble with football club accounts is they lump things together so hard to fathom what is what.

Match day revenues: beer mainly tax, food what a pie each at best?

As someone else said...revenues were about extra revenue away from match day which the Rico offered!

SISU's approach plan for a new stadium don't seem to factor in external revenues.

According to them Ann Lucas sends a mixed message yet Fisher said they had moved on and were building a new stadium, yet Labovitich said the Ricoh was the preferred option....meanwhile Joy is praying to God.

James Smith

Okay so theoretically they were prepared to discuss things with Compass but nothing had been confirmed. That makes sense, more sense than leaving an offer for the Higgs half of ACL so late that ACL had already set up this joint venture.

stupot07

Okay so theoretically they were prepared to discuss things with Compass but nothing had been confirmed. That makes sense, more sense than leaving an offer for the Higgs half of ACL so late that ACL had already set up this joint venture.

I wouldn't disagree with you there.

Sky Blue Kid

Grenduffy....I have to say, I am very envious of your superior IQ you were bragging about.........................................................Not I...I said "Above average IQ" nothing more......A pity you have to garnish your posts with LIES again, eh! Grenduffy :)

Users who are viewing this thread