Flying in? (1 Viewer)

theferret

I wouldn’t disagree. Why did you leave? Recently went from HK to LA which has to be one of the worst. The filth, lunacy, food, obscene disparities and homelessness. Hellhole.

Seems a lot of US cities have gone that way over last few years. A friend spent several months working in San Francisco, said much the same. Parts of it lawless and like a scene from a dystopian movie. Even in tourist areas he'd witness people walking into convenience stores, filling bags and walking out without a care in the world.

Sbarcher

Flying in from Girona because I forgot when the playoffs were and stupidly booked a holiday earlier in the season. Am very much in the doghouse for this decision. Arrive Saturday morning, leave again Sunday morning
Me too. Cutting holiday short in Spain. Managed to get a return to UK for Friday evening. Not in the good books!

richnrg

I'm still hoping that @edgy manages to commandeer a helicopter somehow and picks me up/drops me off again in Bournemouth on his way from Cornwall.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Flying in from Amsterdam on Saturday morning. Can't travel any earlier as I'm Djing on Friday night. Will ask the captain if he can do a Wembley fly by though!

Just need to get a match ticket now!

dadgad

Seems a lot of US cities have gone that way over last few years. A friend spent several months working in San Francisco, said much the same. Parts of it lawless and like a scene from a dystopian movie. Even in tourist areas he'd witness people walking into convenience stores, filling bags and walking out without a care in the world.

That’s fair. ‘70,000 US citizens die each year due to ‘substance abuse’ and 17 military veterans commit suicide every day!’ Biden said this in his ‘State of the Nation Address’ and yet in the U.K. that is the direction of travel. Hopeless.

Sky Blue Harry H

That’s fair. ‘70,000 US citizens die each year due to ‘substance abuse’ and 17 military veterans commit suicide every day!’ Biden said this in his ‘State of the Nation Address’ and yet in the U.K. that is the direction of travel. Hopeless.

I always thought the concept of gated communities was weird. Still wouldn't want to go that way, but the older I've got, the more I understand why people choose to.

Ashdown

I think if we had all made that presumptuous ’ provision ‘ for a Wembley trip we would have jinxed us and we’d not have made it.

dadgad

I always thought the concept of gated communities was weird. Still wouldn't want to go that way, but the older I've got, the more I understand why people choose to.

Horrible concept. I remember that Yank who invented driverless trucks. He said; ‘I’ve made three million truck drivers redundant. They’re angry and armed. I gotta build a wall round my mountain’
🙄

Johhny Blue

Flying in from Girona because I forgot when the playoffs were and stupidly booked a holiday earlier in the season. Am very much in the doghouse for this decision. Arrive Saturday morning, leave again Sunday morning
I just got back last week. I’m tempted though

Users who are viewing this thread