Fleetwood Town (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

I know it's all ifs and buts but this scenario has a decent chance of happening: Bradford beat Colchester, Southend beat Crewe and Barnsley beat us, we would be joint 9th with Barnsley.

Kingokings204

Not good today. The right result happened although we are clearly the better team just didn't show it.

I agreed with the subs and all 3 at once as it was dire what do you expect him to do. Mowbray wasn't the reason we lost today imo. Poor play and not enough will and fight. We had the better set of players but they had tons of running and work in them and rightly won due to this. Not all about talent you know.

Kingokings204

And as for SP at the end. Fuck off mate you just beat us so fuck off down the tunnel you twat.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
cant say the best team won today as both were as bad as each other over the 90. First half was poor, but we had the early chances. Second half we gifted them two goals, albeit one that was a worldie (the winner). No one was stopping that. But more should have been done to get atleast a point.

From front to back too many had 'off days' today.

Fleck second half was poor. Vinces yellow took him out the game and he should have been sacrificed at HT. Lamieres offered us nothing. Go as far as to say MAF did more in his cameo than Lamieres did. MAF - he did appear to stop just before the goal and the ball only stayed in play because of Armstrong's desire to keep the play live.

Cole and Murphy are wingers. Murphy should have asked to come off the minute he got injured. Injury took him out the game too early and we suffered because of it.

Ricketts had a poor game.

Tudgay off the bench was the only one who stood out for me in a positive way today. Probably still won't be brought to get him into the team mind

Gazolba

Poor, need to consolidate our play off place now.

Consolidate is the wrong word, grasp with our fingernails and hang on.

Gazolba

He came over and clapped the Cov fans and we clapped back.

Well our only player that scored was the one he bought!

Sky Blue Kid

Just said on CWR that Fleetwood have none of their first choice back four playing.

Can I therefore change my 1-0 prediction to eleventy billion nil.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Want to re-think your last post to me Otis? :whistle:

wingy

Just knew their No 22 was going to score after Stephens megged him a couple of times and we all laughed.
It was him wasn't it!:facepalm:

4waspsting

A question to the players what are you fucking about at ? you dont have everyone having a fucking day off. You dont deserve to play in our City Team

Otis

Want to re-think your last post to me Otis? :whistle:
Yeah, cos eleventy billion nil was a genuine, honest prediction wasn't it! I was completely and totally deadly serious.

I had a bet on at the bookies for us to win eleventy billion nil and got odds of eleventy billion to one!

Sky Blue Kid

Yeah, cos eleventy billion nil was a genuine, honest prediction wasn't it! I was completely and totally deadly serious.

I had a bet on at the bookies for us to win eleventy billion nil and got odds of eleventy billion to one!

You lost your bet then Otis :facepalm:

Otis

Luckily the bookie went into a cold sweat when they saw eleventy billion to one was going to bankrupt them and also the entire Western world, so they declined my bet

Just stuck with my bet that was in the real world, of 1-0.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

It would have had to be at least eleventy billion and one to one for me to have bet such a surefire bet Otis. You are a silly Billy aren't you.

Otis

Not really. I had a bet with a virtual bookie, so my 1-0 at 5/2 meant I only lost 1 virtual pound.

Sky Blue Kid

Being serious for a minute Otis. I was laughing like f**k at some of the predictions being bandied about on here this morning. I wouldn't have minded but they were being serious. :facepalm:

Otis

I couldn't work out why.

We caught Bury on the right day and everything fell into place. Today was always going to be a much, much tougher game.

Massive win predictions were way off the mark.

Sky Blue Kid

I couldn't work out why.

We caught Bury on the right day and everything fell into place. Today was always going to be a much, much tougher game.

Massive win predictions were way off the mark.

To be truthful Otis Wigan gave Bury a twatting today as well. So our beating of them doesn't look that brilliant. Nine goals against in two games isn't boding very well for Bury is it?

covhead1

We were absolutely shite. end of.... every player that put that shirt on today should be fucking ashamed of them selves. that display was nothing short of fucking shit.

Promotion HA.... we got more chance of joinin the fucking Beatles.

Last edited:

thewards5579

Not good today. The right result happened although we are clearly the better team just didn't show it.

I agreed with the subs and all 3 at once as it was dire what do you expect him to do. Mowbray wasn't the reason we lost today imo. Poor play and not enough will and fight. We had the better set of players but they had tons of running and work in them and rightly won due to this. Not all about talent you know.
Not Mowbrays fault????? Its his job to get that team playing right, physically by ensuring the coaches get the right levels of both fitness and ability, by making sure they play to and adopt the tactics to outplay the opponents in front of them, and finally by getting the team morale right either by encouraging them when needed or the old Fergie hairdrier treatment for laziness apathy or not sticking to the tactics he and the coaches have asked of them. I like TM as a manager but its now essential he gets the above mentioned things adopted correctly promptly

SlowerThanPlatt

I think it's more worrying that Mowbray said a few months back that his Boro teams were top 2 around Christmas but finished outside of the play offs on both occasions. Looks like the same is happening to us

Otis

I think it's more worrying that Mowbray said a few months back that his Boro teams were top 2 around Christmas but finished outside of the play offs on both occasions. Looks like the same is happening to us
If so that means he is not a good manager doesn't it? If he keeps making the same mistakes he is obviously not addressing it.

Can't believe that he can't see what is going wrong.

It's even more reason why he seriously needs to look at changing the way we play. We know one up front is causing us big problems against well drilled, organised defences.

We need to really go and try something a bit different. Not exactly Presley's weird goal kick set up with 6 players dotted around the penalty box from yesterday (what the hell was that?), but something a little different.

SlowerThanPlatt

Mowbray struggled not to be excited. “It’s always difficult when you’re four up at half-time,” he said. “I had to calm them down as everyone was bouncing and we still had 45 minutes to play. All in all it was a top performance and we have to use that as our benchmark. Jacob’s a smashing lad. He and the other young lads are away from their mums and families. We have to look after them. I’ll go home to my family and we’ll all enjoy my birthday tomorrow. It’s always easier on the back of a win. Otherwise I might have been grumpy. But let’s not get carried away. I was top of the table twice at Boro on New Year’s Day and we missed out on the play-offs.”

Otis

Just watched the goals. Where was Ricketts for that first goal? Way behind the play.

Don't understand why the ref didn't pick up the foul on Vincelot though. On the FL show the tape starts just after he is pulled back, but if you freeze frame it right at the start of the clip, you will see that he has been turned and that stopped him being able to close down the Fleetwood player with the ball.

It the ref didn't see it the linesman should have. A clear cheat by their player in pulling Vincelot back by the shirt as he ran past.

Not making excuses and it might not have changed the game at all, who knows.

D

Deleted member 4439

Just watched the goals. Where was Ricketts for that first goal? Way behind the play.

Don't understand why the ref didn't pick up the foul on Vincelot though. On the FL show the tape starts just after he is pulled back, but if you freeze frame it right at the start of the clip, you will see that he has been turned and that stopped him being able to close down the Fleetwood player with the ball.

It the ref didn't see it the linesman should have. A clear cheat by their player in pulling Vincelot back by the shirt as he ran past.

Not making excuses and it might not have changed the game at all, who knows.

Ricketts also failed to position himself correctly in the play up to the second goal: he's been a bit of a weak link for quite a while now. But this is not why we lost yesterday, when the whole team struggled to get into the game. Not meaning to cut TM down, but I think the tactics have to be called into question.

Sky Blue Dal

Still angry... We had a week off before we played yesterday and still could not get a result at home from a team fluttering around the relegation zone.

Our young loan players seriously need to do some soul searching and start to look at where there there future career is heading. At the moment they really don't have it in them to impress there premier league clubs they come from.

Maybe that's why they are on loan unlike young Rashford who again knocked in 2 more goals for United today. At least he is heading in the right direction.

Arma, Murphy and Co this is directed at you. No good playing a blinder in one game and underperforming in the next two. If you want to be performing well you need to be consistent for every game no matter what position the manager requires you to play in.

No more excuses!!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mowbray struggled not to be excited. “It’s always difficult when you’re four up at half-time,” he said. “I had to calm them down as everyone was bouncing and we still had 45 minutes to play. All in all it was a top performance and we have to use that as our benchmark. Jacob’s a smashing lad. He and the other young lads are away from their mums and families. We have to look after them. I’ll go home to my family and we’ll all enjoy my birthday tomorrow. It’s always easier on the back of a win. Otherwise I might have been grumpy. But let’s not get carried away. I was top of the table twice at Boro on New Year’s Day and we missed out on the play-offs.”

If you are mates with the players and it's affecting how you pick the team then that is extremely unprofessional in my opinion. I get the feeling that this is what's happening.

lifeskyblue

Haven't read all the posts on all the threads so sorry if this has been raised before but fleetwoods tactics at goal kicks first half were bizzare. 6 players around the 18yrd box and 4 on half way line and nothing in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread