Fleck (1 Viewer)

covhead1

I wish we still had him, as for being better than Hamer, maybe......... Maybe not.

clint van damme

Just like Walsh last year when asked to play too deep he had a mistake in him.
Very good footballer when played in the right position.

mmttww

One of the best midfield performances I saw live in League 1 or League 2 was him and Connor Thomas away at Wolves. He always looked to progress the bell - not fussed about bollocks pass completion stats or retaining possession for the sake of it. In his last season or two with us he was a cut above.

ceetee

I was excited when we picked Fleck up from Rangers because he was always seen as a potentially top level player, but I never thought that he played up to that potential with us. Perhaps he needed to be in a better team. Strange you should mention Conor Thomas as there is an article about him in today's Daily Telegraph. I thought he used to cruise around midfield looking confident in possession, but he never seemed to know what to do with the ball

Grendel

Fleck was a good player for us - the fitness thing was a myth - he was high energy and better than any player in that role we’ve had since - it’s too early to say on Hamer

Greggs

Fleck was a good player for us - the fitness thing was a myth - he was high energy and better than any player in that role we’ve had since - it’s too early to say on Hamer
He has the sane physique as Hamer

SBAndy

The fitness thing wasn’t a myth at all, he visibly looked about a stone lighter at Sheff Utd than at any stage with us.

Terry Gibson's perm

He was a very good first half player but nearly always tailed off after half time, he looks in better condition now. A lad I know played youth football with him and said he was an amazing young player.

stupot07

The fitness thing wasn’t a myth at all, he visibly looked about a stone lighter at Sheff Utd than at any stage with us.
Completely agree.
59a4fbc9fc7756cb784e5f117e252630.jpg
7f92960f2532bc1382513c0429efe82e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

better days

He was a very good first half player but nearly always tailed off after half time, he looks in better condition now. A lad I know played youth football with him and said he was an amazing young player.
He was fond of a beer when he was here and at Rangers
May have moderated it a bit once he got the higher level

JimmyHillsbeard

One of the best midfield performances I saw live in League 1 or League 2 was him and Connor Thomas away at Wolves. He always looked to progress the bell - not fussed about bollocks pass completion stats or retaining possession for the sake of it. In his last season or two with us he was a cut above.

for half a season or so under Pressley, Fleck and Thomas were crucial to us. Most weeks they performed very well and Clarke and Wilson were able to prosper partially because of how reliable they were as the engine room.

They moved on, one to a team who got promoted out of League One all the way to the Prem (and to full international status on the way) the other went to the lower league, India and then Swindon.

As for letting his contract run out, it happens everywhere. If a player doesn’t want to sign a contract (from Kieran Westwood with us to Erikkssen at Spurs last season) there’s nothing a club can do.
Nevertheless I find it particularly galling when people moan about players leaving us at the end of their contract but fail to notice when they do exactly the same to join us.

wingy

Stripes are scientifically proven to have a slimming effect
That's why the Geordies and mackems love their kits
Not only that it's in his genes,you only have to look at his arms ,if he was in trousers his pockets would be too deep.
Parsimony is a national trait.

fernandopartridge

I don't think there was ever a doubt about his quality, he was a very good footballer with a great brain. The most disappointing thing about his move to Sheffield was how it made him drop at least a stone, which brought some sharpness and allowed him to get forward more. I don't understand why he didn't do that here? Was it training methods or was it that he couldn't be arsed?
That said, remember reading a story once that he tended to be in the last two or three in bleep tests, so he was obviously fit just not at the level he subsequently got to.

Adge

I think we only seen the real player when Vincelot was alongside him. Dross like Thomas and Barton et al didn’t do him any favours.

JulianDarbyFTW

Has he really been gone for only 4 or 5 years? I'd have guessed at 8 or 9 years, which doesn't make sense now I've googled his age, but it just feels soooo long ago.

lordy_87

Makes me laugh when I see people say Hamer won't play in the premiership when the likes of Fleck, Norwood, Jack Stephens and Jack Cork are regulars in it.

Users who are viewing this thread