Fleck - "We can win the league" (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/fleck-post-accrington-292335.aspx

Either Keogh or Baker were the last to make such a prediction. That was within a week of them signing for us, I remember that. So, do we think that Fleck is near the mark when he makes this prediction? We have to bare in mind that he has a handy reminder of his surname tattooed to his arm in case he forgets. I think there's also his address and contact telephone number on his palm. Alway prepared, that lad.

If we achieve a top 6 finish it'll be a good season. A lot will depend on how quickly our new lads adapt.

sylus

like i said in a previous post,we should be going for automatic promotion,its the least we deserve,althou a top 6 finish would be deemed ok,with a chance of promotion via the playoffs maybe.althou i have a feeling it will be more like mid table crap.i hope i am wrong

So who's going to be the next player to say "But in a way, better we play like that now than during the season, when it matters."

First Thorn and now at least 3 players have said!

That in itself tells you the mindset of the players during pre-season.

You only give your best performance when it really matters.

sylus

we need to get out of this league sooner rather than later,else we could be here for seasons..we really need to get back to the championship on the 1st attempt.

we need to get out of this league sooner rather than later,else we could be here for seasons..we really need to get back to the championship on the 1st attempt.

Agreed. It's likely to only get harder for us each season.

The problem is that if our owners were serious about getting up on the first attempt and had any plans to stick by us in the long-term they'd have kept players like Keogh.

Point being we now have to do it with a completely new team made up of freebies and loans.

Astute

Overall I am happy with the signings so far. Last season Carlisle were 7th. Something is wrong if we can't do better than that.

Tad

We can win the league -

Was he sitting down when he said this? Cause he clearly can't do stand up. *drum role*

:D

Users who are viewing this thread