Fleck finch and start of second half (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Those two were shocking and how we were set up at the start of the second half was an insult to the coaching profession

westofrayne

Agree with the formation, why change, there was no out ball at the start of 2nd half. On a positive note the two new guys put in a good shift

slyblue57

not a fan of Finch but thought he and Fleck did well The only worry I had was Pressley and his half time talk . What was he doing ffs!!!. We went back to drop back drop back a win thrown way by stupidity. After 10 minutes of the second half it was clear we would be lucky to get a point.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I put on the match thread when you have to choose two out of Fleck Finch Thomas and Barton, who ever you pick as a pair your not going to get too far! All very negative and don't do much. Hope we have one or two lined up before the window closes

Samo

Those two were shocking and how we were set up at the start of the second half was an insult to the coaching profession

I feel a bit sorry for F & F, they are made to sit so deep that they don't appear to do much. And in the case of Fleck, I don't think its his natural game. They are shackled and I'm sure, frustrated.

Last edited:

covhead1

It did'nt take Rochdale long to suss us out from then on they bossed us for large periods in the second half.

Pressley is fuckin useless :jerkit:

mark82

Yep. We sat back way too much In the second half. There was too much space between the midfield and strikers. Frustrating. We should have won today.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

finch was told to play the connor thomas role and to be fair he didnt show up, barely got involved and when he did he fucked it up. thats pretty close to what thomas does so i think he played the role well.

SkyBlueSid

I'm coming to the conclusion that we shall never know for sure how good some of our players are because of how poorly we appear to be coached and how shambolic our tactics are week in, week out. Rochdale are not a bad team going forward but that game could have been won today. Instead we seemed scared to take the game to them and it was inevitable we would concede.

It is quite possible a decent coach could get that team playing with more passion and purpose. But it seems that Pressley is completely fireproof now.

finch was told to play the connor thomas role and to be fair he didnt show up, barely got involved and when he did he fucked it up. thats pretty close to what thomas does so i think he played the role well.

Whatever people think of Thomas, he's a better prospect than Finch. Thomas went off injured when we were leading at Gillingham with 20 mins left, we then let in 3 goals and Thomas lost his place. In the 1st 17 mins today Finch touched the ball once (yes I was counting as I couldn't believe he'd kept his place in the team)and made no tackles whatsoever.

stupot07

Whatever people think of Thomas, he's a better prospect than Finch. Thomas went off injured when we were leading at Gillingham with 20 mins left, we then let in 3 goals and Thomas lost his place. In the 1st 17 mins today Finch touched the ball once (yes I was counting as I couldn't believe he'd kept his place in the team)and made no tackles whatsoever.

And the ironic thing is, as anonymous as finch was he was marginally better than than fleck, who must have had pass completion of less than 50% today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

fanta2580

I though JOB had a decent game personally.

I usually agree but yesterday O'Brien was shocking. He couldn't pass to anyone in Blue and spent the whole game moaning at team mates for his own errors as if he was the best player on the pitch. The only midfielder who had a good game was Odelusi.

Gint11

Fleck is absolutely dog shit. Really is. Gives the ball away every time! Contributed nothing. And before anyone says it, hard work and effort is a given with that career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thomas was really good against Walsall away as well.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

I have to agree here, and I don't rate Thomas very highly. But he is better than Finch.

Still that hat said, the four players we have for the CM are about as poor as one another over the course of the season. The sooner we bring in a thought tackling leader for that role the better

Users who are viewing this thread