Flashback to pre- SBT views on Sisu/RR/Coleman (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Was looking up something totally different when I came across the old Telegraph Sky Blues Forum.

Know a few are on here with the same names as used then, myself, Torch, LBB, Macca.

Wonder how many of the posters on there are here under a different guise?

To be fair to Torch, he has moderated his views on all since then, but does show how a few years can change the consensus.

http://forums.coventrytelegraph.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14333&sid=f8a6961727b3663e794d2a47db8a3a42

TheHellion

I remember many arguments with SkyBlueCelt over there, who really didn't trust SISU. Quite a few of us lambasted him on there for it, but it seems hindsight is a wonderful thing after all. Got too heated over there at times, which ultimately led to it's demise. I'm all for reasoned debate and people having opposite views, but that place went way beyond that.

Skyblueweeman

The one thing that that thread has taught me more than anything else, is that I had too much time on my hands! I was working at St Marys at the time and knew what a shit time Saints were going through and then saw the joy once Liebherr took over.

As TH says, hindsight is a wonderful thing. With regards to that particular thread, I still stand by my points (I think....it was so long ago and I didn't read all I wrote).

On the whole subject of SISU, has my opinion changed since then on things like SISU/RR etc? Yes, definitely. I still liked RR and thought he tried to do what was right but ultimately was sailed down the stream by SISU.

I may have been 'pro-SISU' and been tagged with not seeing the wood for the trees but I guess I was willing to give them more time than others. Do I think they've been good for the club? No. This is where my main difference of view point is between now and then.

I would still back up my past comments on other forums though by stating that they didn't get us into this mess (despite them compelling it) and wondering whether we could've been in a worse mess at this point if they hadn't of purchased us on that Nov/Dec day back a few years ago. I honestly believe that we don't know enough to know the answer to that. No one is exactly queuing up to buy us...

So I admit others were 'more right' than I but I stand by my points and know that they will differ from others.

"If everybody looked the same, we'd get tired of looking at each other" Groove Armada once sang. Same with thoughts. It's healthy to disagree. So long as it doesn't become petty.

Laters,

WM :whistle:

Skyblueweeman

And years later, the fans are still divided over Sisu.

I don't think we are divided at all. Are SISU good for our club? No. Do we have any alternatives? No. Are they still paying the wages of the staff, the (majority) of the bills etc etc. Yes. For that reason, we have to live with them until something else turns up. That's all.

Moff

Was looking up something totally different when I came across the old Telegraph Sky Blues Forum.

Know a few are on here with the same names as used then, myself, Torch, LBB, Macca.

To be fair to Torch, he has moderated his views on all since then, but does show how a few years can change the consensus.

http://forums.coventrytelegraph.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14333&sid=f8a6961727b3663e794d2a47db8a3a42

Ah happy days. I remember it well.

I am still Moff like on the CET site.

Some good regular posters on there, and now on here including the lovebirds Torchy and LBB ;) although LBB doesnt post like he used to.
Always glad to see macca's wit on the site as well.

I miss some of the posters, Malaka, HTO, Ivanov, RFC, Dude, Pearljammer etc (apologies to anyone I missed) and wonder if they are on here using different names.

Glad to see people like Skyblue Weeman and Tanktop use this site, alas all too infrequently, as their posts are always well apprecaited.

lordsummerisle

Ah happy days. I remember it well.

I am still Moff like on the CET site.

Some good regular posters on there, and now on here including the lovebirds Torchy and LBB ;) although LBB doesnt post like he used to.
Always glad to see macca's wit on the site as well.

I miss some of the posters, Malaka, HTO, Ivanov, RFC, Dude, Pearljammer etc (apologies to anyone I missed) and wonder if they are on here using different names.

Glad to see people like Skyblue Weeman and Tanktop use this site, alas all too infrequently, as their posts are always well apprecaited.

RFC? Think he was a crazy poster. IMHO!!

torchomatic

Ah, those were the days. I miss HTO, PearlJammer and the others. Shame the site isn't still going, it was less abusive than SBT. I wonder how many usernames me ole mucker LBB has now. I have a few suspicions! ;)

torchomatic

Lord, yes you're right. I was wrong and I even started a thread to apologise to LBB. I thought they were our saviours and that turned out not to be the case. I won't say anything next time as these kinds of things tend to be used as ammunition and thrown back in yer mush. Didn't realise you could still read the forum.

I wonder why they closed it down? I was disappointed with Smithers though, he should have had the guts to tell us the truth rather than feed us the old "maintenance" line.

Moff

RFC? Think he was a crazy poster. IMHO!!

Undoubtedly he was, but in putting his view accross, which often differed from the majority he was less abusive than seems the case now.

Besides I enjoyed some of his basket case theories for the laugh.

torchomatic

Did anyone ever go on the official one around ten years or so ago with the infamous Adrian and Vicky? Now, that's what I call entertainment!

Moff

Ah, those were the days. I miss HTO, PearlJammer and the others. Shame the site isn't still going, it was less abusive than SBT. I wonder how many usernames me ole mucker LBB has now. I have a few suspicions! ;)

Unlike us, same names, same style, same opinionated posts which are obviously, for both of us, always the correct views ;)

Nick

Administrator
The old CET forum was a good place. :)

I think Smithers has now moved on from the Telegraph too so I have no idea who runs the internet side but the site does seem to have gone downhill.

In terms of SISU, at the time I wasn't saying they were the best thing since sliced bread, nor worse than the Nazis I was just happy we were taken over. :(

Users who are viewing this thread