Fixture List (1 Viewer)

oakey

Our game moved to Friday night now.
Good - won't miss Ryder cup or at least not much?

chiefdave

our game has been moved back to Friday night
Guess that when Vaughn was in the Telegraph talking about what a great relationship Wasps now have with the club and how they'd move their games if there were any clashes as the EFL regulations required CCFC to have primacy he wasn't being entirely truthful. Is anyone at Wasps capable of just being honest about anything?

We're pushed to Friday night and no doubt take a hit on attendance and therefore income.

Garryb80

Guess that when Vaughn was in the Telegraph talking about what a great relationship Wasps now have with the club and how they'd move their games if there were any clashes as the EFL regulations required CCFC to have primacy he wasn't being entirely truthful. Is anyone at Wasps capable of just being honest about anything?

We're pushed to Friday night and no doubt take a hit on attendance and therefore income.
Moved a game each of the clashes. Not what he said but seems the fairest outcome

KenilworthSkyBlue

In all fairness to Vaughan what's not actually what he said...

"Because we think it's only right and fair that if there is a clash - by the way, EFL and Premiership Rugby are going to try and make that not happen - but should there be, we're happy for them to play on the Friday night and we can move to Sundays, for example."

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Is it maybe the possibility that the clubs are working together? BT Sports would have looked at this game and asked about it, and we’ve said - we’ll move so wasps can maximise their revenue?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Is it maybe the possibility that the clubs are working together? BT Sports would have looked at this game and asked about it, and we’ve said - we’ll move so wasps can maximise their revenue?

That's what I thought. It could mean that our game is televised which would allow us to recoup any losses.

But as always people will jump to create their own divisive narrative.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That's what I thought. It could mean that our game is televised which would allow us to recoup any losses.

But as always people will jump to create their own divisive narrative.
I mean I like to be divisive over wasps. But both sides are talking about a good relationship. I think there’s two clashes and they’re moving one to Sunday aren’t they?

KenilworthSkyBlue

I mean I like to be divisive over wasps. But both sides are talking about a good relationship. I think there’s two clashes and they’re moving one to Sunday aren’t they?

There's certainly no love lost from myself, and I'll never forget what's been done, but equally I fail to see the sense in stirring up false narratives against Wasps by creating something out of nothing. Not when it's best for both parties moving forward that any ill-will is put aside.

Also, it's their first home game of the season? I would probably expect them to politely ask for their fixture to remain on the Saturday in order to maximise revenue for themselves. I suspect the club wouldn't have an issue with that regardless.

I believe it's their friendly against the Dragons that they've moved to the Sunday.

peaches and cream

At least it looks like they’re talking and trying to accommodate each other. There are always going to be clashes that’s unavoidable

Users who are viewing this thread