Fitness (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire SB

Late goals and high energy pressing. Is this one of the major factors this season? Gyokeres, Allen, O'Hare, Waghorn relentless running.

Allen looks the fittest player in the team, doesn't stop, his pressing and attacking runs last night were unbelievable. Feel like he's benefitting hugely from this, and teams doubling up on O'Hare.

Happy_Martian

I would say yes. Last season, we were blowing by the 75th minute and you can count how many goals we conceded past that point. This season, we still have the legs to be breaking at 95 and 97 mins. It's a massive turnaround and thoroughly enjoyable.

hill83

I sure I read somewhere that’s basically why Waghorn was signed, either from Robins or somewhere on here.

steve101

I am really enjoying it but do wonder if is sustainable over a season, particularly when the pitches get softer. I guess that's where careful squad rotation comes into play.

Briles

Late goals and high energy pressing. Is this one of the major factors this season? Gyokeres, Allen, O'Hare, Waghorn relentless running.

Allen looks the fittest player in the team, doesn't stop, his pressing and attacking runs last night were unbelievable. Feel like he's benefitting hugely from this, and teams doubling up on O'Hare.

I said to the old man about midway through the second half against Middlesborough, we looked levels above them fitness wise.

Users who are viewing this thread