Fitness levels (1 Viewer)

cloughie

To quote Jordan clarke

“I don’t know why but Premier League teams are a lot fitter. It was the same against Arsenal; the fitness levels are so different and that’s no criticism of any League One or Championship side. But if I was at the top of my fitness then I reckon I could play at that level every week.”

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ty-place-back-92746-32564563/2/#ixzz2HNhtrmdj

Is it just me or what do others think but surely all levels of full time professional players should be at a similar level of fitness.

Surely we should be able to match their fitness levels?

lordsummerisle

More concerned that Jordan Clarke thinks that if he was a bit fitter he could be playing at Premiership level every week.

Otis

You would have thought so.

Also surely a lot of it is down to the individual themselves. Fitness is something you can work on as an individual.

Obviously better with a fitness coach though.

LastGarrison

Well it makes sense that the top clubs would have fitter players as they have more money to spend on the proper backroom staff, facilities, new technologies, systems etc. etc.

hopesprings

Absolutely agree, there is in this day and age no reason at all why the fitness levels cannot be matched. We have the facilities and the technology and the information is there for everybody who has the time, and is willing to put in the effort. Mind you it will almost certainly mean changing lifestyles as well..no more going down the pub with mates, smoking.... stuffing faces with chips and burgers....I guess that may be the biggest difference an attitude en mass (within the club) to want it to be better!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Less games to play, better technology. I wouldn't say there was a massive difference in physical fitness but mentally there was. In that first half spurs were playing the game 5 seconds ahead of what we were

cloughie

Agreed i think it is down to personal dedication and having the attitude of wanting to be the best you can be.

wingy

Teams like Chelsea utilise some technique like the Tour de france cyclists where they go on a form of Dialysis type machine which filters the blood in some way.The resources are so much greater here that their is an inevitability about it .

jimmyhillsfanclub

Teams like Chelsea utilise some technique like the Tour de france cyclists
where they go on a form of Dialysis type machine

I'm surprised anyone needs any help in taking the piss out of chelsea players.....

mark82

Teams like Chelsea utilise some technique like the Tour de france cyclists where they go on a form of Dialysis type machine which filters the blood in some way.The resources are so much greater here that their is an inevitability about it .

Surely that is transfusion. And surely it would be illegal. Wasn't that what Lance Armstrong was doing?

stupot07

They are all full time professionals, and whilst agree that the top teams will be able to afford to eek our those extra 1% (like team sky), the difference it fitness levels should be that big

speedie87

I think clarke is missing the point slightly.

It's not so much that they are fitter, they are just better athletes that's why they are in the prem and he' in league one. Prem players are normally bigger, stronger quicker etc

LJC_CCFC

“I don’t know why but Premier League teams are a lot fitter. It was the same against Arsenal; the fitness levels are so different and that’s no criticism of any League One or Championship side. But if I was at the top of my fitness then I reckon I could play at that level every week.”

Try getting in our team first Jordan

Nick

Administrator
It's the Nandos he keeps eating holding him back.

Do Premier League teams train more? Why isn't he as fit as he can be?

wingy

Surely that is transfusion. And surely it would be illegal. Wasn't that what Lance Armstrong was doing?

It is questionable and eyebrows have been raised ,possibly just rumours but definately mentioned in the Media.

Snozzer

Personally I think its more to do with athleticism and mobility rather than basic fitness levels . No disrespect to someone like Mcsheff but compare his athleticism to players like Bale, Hazard, Mata etc etc, Mcsheff bless him looks arthritic in comparison. Top level modern day football is as much about athletcism and mobility as it is technique. I watched bits of the 87 Cup Final the other day and was shocked by how much the game has changed even in that time. Players nowadays are so much more mobile, powerful and athletic.

Stevec189

I think until Robins took over our fitness levels were appalling. It's not just about physical fitness. The thought and skill levels were completely different. We were as another poster says 5 seconds off the pace. Scott Parker ran the midfield single handed. Bale ripped Clarke to pieces but he shouldn't be worried about that, most full backs are ripped to pieces by Gareth Bale. The only Spurs player who looked off the pace was Adebayor. Edge handled him really well I thought. The Spurs players all knew what to do naturally whereas at our level the players have to think about it - that is the difference. It was the same with King last year and to a lesser degree McGoldrick - they make runs and find space naturally. We have no one capable of that. PUSB

covboy9

To quote Jordan clarke

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ty-place-back-92746-32564563/2/#ixzz2HNhtrmdj

Is it just me or what do others think but surely all levels of full time professional players should be at a similar level of fitness.

It's not fitness levels, the premier guys are just superior athletes, they are probably all similar fitness levels

Warwickhunt

To quote Jordan clarke

The More money you are on the fitter you become its applied logic! if you earn 3K per week how much self dicipline can you achieve as compared to earning 18K per week. Its always been the cure for tired legs in my opinion. Then there are players who are driven and want to become premiership players who earn £500 per week and work on the principle that if i live a good clean life keep away from Booze Drugs & women and train like no other my dedication & fitness levels will get me there.:claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread