Fit the system (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Just been seen JCH scored a brace for posh the other day, and it made me think about other players excelling who seemed to look shit for us. Then rather than trying to make players fit the system why not make the system fit the players, which we have seemed to done now but not the past.

A couple of players I can think of from recent memory are JCH, Tyler Walker, Bakayoko, Giles and Kent

baldy

I’m sure I recall McAllister saying something along the lines of building a team around David Pipe one nightmarish season at the time when the club had hardly any players….geeezus

steveo1987

In the case of Walker and Harris, the majority of their goals have been in Lg1 and 2. Stats suggest that they are not quite good enough for Championship football, I don't believe it is the system for these two to use them as an example.

stevefloyd

JCH had plenty of chances to score but fluffed nearly all of them, maybe he woke up to realise what a charmed life the footballers have and tried a bit harder !

Philosorapter

In the case of Walker and Harris, the majority of their goals have been in Lg1 and 2. Stats suggest that they are not quite good enough for Championship football, I don't believe it is the system for these two to use them as an example.

This is something I have been pondering to do, but just haven't had the free time.

Is there differing rating ranges between players and opponents where forwards will score, defender and goalkeepers will let in less goal, clean sheets etc

We've got the tools to attempt to try to measure this.

Last edited:

steveo1987

JCH had plenty of chances to score but fluffed nearly all of them, maybe he woke up to realise what a charmed life the footballers have and tried a bit harder !
I didn't mind JCH but could have and probably should have been the type of player Morris is for Luton..He was a horrible player the other week but one you would have in your side.

Brighton Sky Blue

This is something I have been pondering to do, but just haven't had the free time.

Is there differing rating ranges between players and opponents where forwards will score, defender and goalkeepers will let in less goal, clean sheets etc

We've got the tools to attempt to try to measure this.

You get an A* for effort in trying to get this to work but I fear you're on a wild goose chase

Users who are viewing this thread