Fit and Proper concerns (1 Viewer)

BrisbaneBronco

In the event of Optium failing fit and proper test(unlikely put still possible).
Will we be able to fulfill next seasons fixtures?

CCFC Limited would remain in administration
Appleton would have to find another buyer
Appleton would run Limited until a buyer is found
The GS would be held by the league until a buyer is found who passes fit and proper.
CCFC Limited has no players
FL are not due to make a decision for another 4 weeks
Holdings(not in admin) hold player registrations but no GS

So neither Limited or Holdings would be able to fulfill next seasons fixtures. Simply not enough time to sort all this out. Looks to me like the choice is Optium or no CCFC.

CovMatt1987

this is what gets me - surely you would think meetings with the FL to make sure it is all set and above board would be done ASAP, to make sure of this?? if we go another what, three and a half weeks from now, until meetings are held - and they find out it isnt a viable option, then what is meant to happen in late July with the season a couple of weeks away?!?!

has to suggest surely any future meetings or discussions into the matter are just a formality

dadgad

I'd welcome that rather than see this charade continue.
A Phoenix club would start with a clean bill of health and, armed with the lessons of this very public scandal, be in a better position to not repeat the same mistakes.

stupot07

I'd welcome that rather than see this charade continue.
A Phoenix club would start with a clean bill of health and, armed with the lessons of this very public scandal, be in a better position to not repeat the same mistakes.

In the timescales we're looking at there is no way a Phoenix club would be ready in time for the 2013/14 season.

Manchester_sky_blue

I think it would be more likely that the league would award the golden share to holdings on a temporary basis (provided they have a ground to play at) as their primary concern is for the club to complete its fixtures.

BrisbaneBronco

I think it would be more likely that the league would award the golden share to holdings on a temporary basis (provided they have a ground to play at) as their primary concern is for the club to complete its fixtures.

Yes, apart from the fact that Holdings is now owned by Optium and the scenario would be that Optium had failed the fit and proper.
So should FL deem Optium unfit as owners of Ltd, would they issue GS to Holdings even if only temporary?

BrisbaneBronco

In the timescales we're looking at there is no way a Phoenix club would be ready in time for the 2013/14 season.

There is an option.

Haskell buys ACL plus share of Ricoh
Haskell buys Nuneaton Town
Haskell rebrands Nuneaton Town to another name which includes the wording Sky Blues or Coventry in its title.
Haskell develops Nuneatons ground to accomodate the Academy/Training etc
Youth team and under 21 fixtures played at Nuneaton while first team plays at Ricoh.
Not sure of Nuneatons league status, but believe they are highest placed non league team in the area, so league status not too far away.
He would not even have to bother buying CCFC Limited to do this. Its worth fcuk all anyway, same as SBS&L, Holdings, Avro all of which is a catastrophic case of insolvency(allegedly)

chiefdave

wouldn't be a problem, we can use the Ricoh for free while in admin and until we reach a point where we can't field a team we shouldn't have an issue. Pompey played the majority of last season in admin so I don't see why we couldn't do the same (probably with the same outcome and ending up in L2).

stupot07

There is an option.

Haskell rebrands Nuneaton Town to another name which includes the wording Sky Blues or Coventry in its title.
Youth team and under 21 fixtures played at Nuneaton while first team plays at Ricoh.
Not sure of Nuneatons league status, but believe they are highest placed non league team in the area, so league status not too far away.
He would not even have to bother buying CCFC Limited to do this. Its worth fcuk all anyway, same as SBS&L, Holdings, Avro all of which is a catastrophic case of insolvency(allegedly)

That's not an option, and is hypocritical. Nuneaton fans won't want it and it wouldn't be a Phoenix club it would be a relocated Nuneaton town FCC.

mark82

There is an option.

Would people stop suggesting buying Nuneaton and moving them to Coventry. If you want to buy a new club from another town and move them why not buy one further up the league system? Why would that be any different from buying Nuneaton. You CANNOT just steal someone else's team.

RoboCCFC90

In the event of Optium failing fit and proper test(unlikely put still possible).
Will we be able to fulfill next seasons fixtures?

CCFC Limited would remain in administration
Appleton would have to find another buyer
Appleton would run Limited until a buyer is found
The GS would be held by the league until a buyer is found who passes fit and proper.
CCFC Limited has no players
FL are not due to make a decision for another 4 weeks
Holdings(not in admin) hold player registrations but no GS

So neither Limited or Holdings would be able to fulfill next seasons fixtures. Simply not enough time to sort all this out. Looks to me like the choice is Optium or no CCFC.

What still bugs me currently is that CCFC Ltd which allegedly houses the Football League's Golden Share is still Administration which means Appleton should be running the business and putting us in the Ricoh Arena for the first game of the season and negotiating a better deal for when we come out of Admin, but seemingly this is not on Paul Appleton's list of priorities and Tim Fisher continues to speak as if he the Master of it all.

Regarding the Fit and Proper test it's hard to conclude whether Otium will be handed the Golden Share or not. For the good of the Football Club and the playing side of the club it would be ideal if Otium were successful and were allocated the Golden Share at this time, if the FL reject Otium this could go on for months by which time, now new investment on the playing side due to Admin, unhappy bunch of players that some have been told that there futures lie away from the club and continued uncertanties..

J

Jack Griffin

Would people stop suggesting buying Nuneaton and moving them to Coventry. If you want to buy a new club from another town and move them why not buy one further up the league system? Why would that be any different from buying Nuneaton. You CANNOT just steal someone else's team.

You can't steal a team, but you can move a team from a stadium built to house them & attempt to bankrupt a council/charity owned business..

Nice moral stance there bud.

RoboCCFC90

You can't steal a team, but you can move a team from a stadium built to house them & attempt to bankrupt a council/charity owned business..

Without involving SISU's business tactics Jack, Mark has a point I would not want a Phoenix Club to be bought from another club like Nuneaton that just defies the point of a Phoenix Club..

SkyBlueSwiss

There is an option.

Why do people keep coming up with this Nuneaton Town idea. They are Nuneaton and we are Coventry, so why?
A Phoenix club needs to be a brand new Coventry club, supporter owned. Anything else and we are back on the treadmill that lead us to the ridiculous position we find ourselves in now.

blueflint

What still bugs me currently is that CCFC Ltd which allegedly houses the Football League's Golden Share is still Administration which means Appleton should be running the business and putting us in the Ricoh Arena for the first game of the season and negotiating a better deal for when we come out of Admin, but seemingly this is not on Paul Appleton's list of priorities and Tim Fisher continues to speak as if he the Master of it all.

Regarding the Fit and Proper test it's hard to conclude whether Otium will be handed the Golden Share or not. For the good of the Football Club and the playing side of the club it would be ideal if Otium were successful and were allocated the Golden Share at this time, if the FL reject Otium this could go on for months by which time, now new investment on the playing side due to Admin, unhappy bunch of players that some have been told that there futures lie away from the club and continued uncertanties..

why would giving SISU the golden share be good for the club they had it and f*****d up

stupot07

Why do people keep coming up with this Nuneaton Town idea. They are Nuneaton and we are Coventry, so why?
A Phoenix club needs to be a brand new Coventry club, supporter owned. Anything else and we are back on the treadmill that lead us to the ridiculous position we find ourselves in now.

Will people accept failure from a supporter owned Phoenix? Will they be happy living within their means even if it means league one/two football for the next 10+ years?

stupot07

I can't see how Appleton can do it....Ltd is non-trading and has no income, no rights to the name, no rights to sell tickets and no players.....

RoboCCFC90

why would giving SISU the golden share be good for the club they had it and f*****d up

If SISU do get allocated the Golden Share this means we can exit Administration and start to rebuild a weak 1st Team Squad and try to push for something this season. If the Football League decide the Football League aren't Fit and Proper then we go through this again and at this point I don't like the sound of it..

wingy

I can't see how Appleton can do it....Ltd is non-trading and has no income, no rights to the name, no rights to sell tickets and no players.....

For the exact same reason he could do it for the final 3 matches of last Season ,the share is still with LTD until Otium are approved and both entities unified.:thinking about:

RoboCCFC90

For the exact same reason he could do it for the final 3 matches of last Season ,the share is still with LTD until Otium are approved and both entities unified.:thinking about:

It's like Paul Appleton wants to do it when it suits SISU, not because he is obliged.

Spionkop

Robbo, you posted this and I agree entirely with you. And sure most others do as well.
Fisher is the one making statements whereas it should be Appleton. How this fact alone shouldn't be ringing alarm bells at the Football League offices, I don't know. Corrupt, totally corrupt.
For years we've probably pondered what 'name' club might eventually go to the wall amidst all the bankrupt clubs, never thinking it would be us.

"What still bugs me currently is that CCFC Ltd which allegedly houses the Football League's Golden Share is still Administration which means Appleton should be running the business and putting us in the Ricoh Arena for the first game of the season and negotiating a better deal for when we come out of Admin, but seemingly this is not on Paul Appleton's list of priorities and Tim Fisher continues to speak as if he the Master of it all."

Nonleagueherewecome

A Phoenix Club is totally different to stealing someone else's team. Stealing any body else's team would actually make us worse than SISU for relocating us and as bad as MK Dons! I would never support such a side, but I would protest against it being done in CCFC's name.

magic82ball

If SISU do get allocated the Golden Share this means we can exit Administration and start to rebuild a weak 1st Team Squad and try to push for something this season. If the Football League decide the Football League aren't Fit and Proper then we go through this again and at this point I don't like the sound of it..

Dear me, grow some bollocks man.

stupot07

But we already had funding and a budget in place last season, at the moment nothing is agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread