Fisher (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
THE REASON PLAYERS ARE NOT KEEN ON THE CLUB IS AS MUCH ABOUT INSTABILITY AS WAGES.

Thought you had your internet cut off after we had won?

Take a few painkillers, it will probably be back to normal on Saturday.

ready_96

We really do need to use this win to build up some kind of momentum. Win games and the fans will turn up. He needs to look at more price reductions, more advertising around the town.

We were the 12th man last night and it helped the team get over the line. We need to get lucky, string a few wins together, get people back through the turnstiles, help keep the team in league 1 and help build a budget good enough to compete for the title next season PUSB

Colin Steins Smile

When TF was asked about getting Joy Seppella on to answer questions on Talksport......TF's answer was "I'll pass on your regards". Another words..."get lost!" He's the puppet, JS is the one who needs to be targeted for answers. She'll not be keen to be higher profile.

rupert_bear

I think Jim White has been briefed brought up the low wages issue a couple of times mentioning it was a reason experienced players were not brought in and it's true. Also a reason the better young players get sold and moved on they want to earn as much as possible

Nick

Administrator
I think Jim White has been briefed brought up the low wages issue a couple of times mentioning it was a reason experienced players were not brought in and it's true. Also a reason the better young players get sold and moved on they want to earn as much as possible

Didn't Slade bring in experienced players in his first couple of days though?

Standard thing for lower league younger players to move up for money also.

rupert_bear

Fisher mentioned recruitment was wrong causing our downfall from last season we can look at Slades part in that but time will tell on that one but where does that put Mark Venus ? after all that was his department in the Mowbray regime, yet he let him manage the team for three months.

Grendel

Regarding Sisu attending Wembley - the rather silent CT site believes so. This I admit was a great quote

"Sadly, the owners will sit in the posh seats at Wembley basking in glory, like Hannibal Lector bathing in a barrel of blood"

Nick

Administrator
Regarding Sisu attending Wembley - the rather silent CT site believes so. This I admit was a great quote

"Sadly, the owners will sit in the posh seats at Wembley basking in glory, like Hannibal Lector bathing in a barrel of blood"

I reckon some people have been kidnapped or they have been out celebrating on an all night session ;)

clint van damme

Poor recruitment doesn't always have to be about money and this goes back to lack of strategy.
I believe if we offered the nucleus of the squad longer contracts they would sign for less money because it would give them a stability not always available to players in the volatile lower leagues.
It would also give the manager chance to develop the team rather than trying to manage the constant churn of players.

georgehudson

I heard that in January, of last year that the pay structure for win bonuses was radically altered.
That being the case, it could explain the difficulty inbringing players to the club. TF's guff about other reasons was just that 'guff'.

Nick

Administrator
I heard that in January, of last year that the pay structure for win bonuses was radically altered.
That being the case, it could explain the difficulty inbringing players to the club. TF's guff about other reasons was just that 'guff'.

That was a Juggy special wasn't it?

chiefdave

The problem with using the 'you haven't invested' line of attack is that invest in football terms basically means gift. While we'd all love SISU to hand over £10m to go on a spending spree if you're arguing from a business perspective the argument that you should repeat past mistakes and invest beyond your means in hope of future returns doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.

MatthewWallis

What the hell? How old is Fisher?

Don't know but it don't make sense either way. Fisher went to Uni in 1986 so how on earth could Tudgay be older. He definitely said it in the interview, I even rewound it because I couldn't believe it but then again he is full of shit

ajsccfc

That's a relief. I can come to terms with being twice the age of the youth players, but being older than the manager or chairman would be too much.

skybluetony176

The problem with using the 'you haven't invested' line of attack is that invest in football terms basically means gift. While we'd all love SISU to hand over £10m to go on a spending spree if you're arguing from a business perspective the argument that you should repeat past mistakes and invest beyond your means in hope of future returns doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.

They're in the wrong business then.

wingy

Heard a fair bit last night.
No Idea if any of it is true.
Sordell wad on £4K a week (likely)
Beavon and Reilly are being funded by Burton till the Summer.
I will just add my own opinion on SISU and TF.
He Is ultimately responsible for the way this Club is/has been run strategically for 5yrs.
SISU have not invested any thing ever or gifted the Club but taken out £4M in player sales (due to Sixfield losses) that should have been invested (Re)back into the Club.
All they have done is loaned the Club money, just as a bank would.
Their problem is that they loaned the money to one buffoon after another and now the Gerald Ratner of Brand destruction and bean counting.
They like a bank have no right to recovery of their failed Loans.
I find It scandalous that they retained control through the Administration /Liquidation process.
The law is an ass.

Users who are viewing this thread