Fisher will discuss interim rent deal (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

@stevecarpo: Spoke at length with #SkyBlues chief executive Tim Fisher this afternoon at Ryton - he says club will discuss interim deal at Ricoh #PUSB

Kingokings204

Its Joy who makes the decisions though as AL says. It needs to be from her. The door is ajar

AFCCOVENTRY

Ok so we have acl saying the door is open and fisher saying he will discuss 'interim' deal.

It's a start...now who is going to make the first call or send an email?

Hobo

Time for both sides to see the light and start working towards a realistic deal for all parties.

SISU have been her long enough now and it's about time they actually started moving the club forward. The way to do that is to get back to the Ricoh...it's the only viable solution for everyone concerned, SISU, CCFC, ACL, CCC and most importantly for the fans.

duffer

Once again, will believe it when I see it!

Ooh, you bitter old cynic you. You're the sort of bloke who could watch "Lassie Come Home" and not cry.

It's going to happen. We're coming back. Almost, definitely, probably, possibly, certain. Ish. ;)

Rob S

Do NOT get your collective hopes up, but...

Stuart & I (representing Get Cov Back to the Ricoh) had a meeting with Joy last week and spent a lot of time pressing for a return to negotiations. She did say that she would always be prepared to discuss a Ricoh return, but, she qualified that by saying that she'd been down this road before and been thwarted so fans shouldn't be too hopeful and that the new stadium project was still plan A.

At the end (after about 6 hours) my conclusion was that there is still hope *IF* all parties can get round the table, without conditions, and talk.

We shall see...

Ian1779

Stuart & I (representing Get Cov Back to the Ricoh) had a meeting with Joy last week and spent a lot of time pressing for a return to negotiations. She did say that she would always be prepared to discuss a Ricoh return, but, she qualified that by saying that she'd been down this road before and been thwarted so fans shouldn't be too hopeful and that the new stadium project was still plan A.

At the end (after about 6 hours) my conclusion was that there is still hope *IF* all parties can get round the table, without conditions, and talk.

We shall see...

I really think for this to happen everyone needs to agree a media blackout. No more spin or soundbites. Just get in a room and don't come out until it's done.

skybluetony176

We shall see...

"Without conditions" ?

Does that mean Joy is willing to drop all the freehold only nonsense?

When she says she's been down this road before and been thwarted does she mean the freehold or nothing road or is she suggesting that they have recently approached ACL for a short term rental deal and been thwarted?

I'd be curious to hear a bit more about what you discussed in those 6 hours Rob. That is if you're okay with disclosing it.

It might warrant another thread though so this one isn't derailed.

RPHunt

After 6 hours of discussion with Joy Seppala (on behalf of CCFC fans?), we get one sentence saying new ground is plan A but....

Reminds me of an interview in the CET without the religion, family and investors angle.

Rob S

I'd be curious to hear a bit more about what you discussed in those 6 hours Rob. That is if you're okay with disclosing it.

It might warrant another thread though so this one isn't derailed.

Looks like the train is already wobbling ;-)

But yes...I've not said much about the meeting because there's been so much other stuff going on and it would just add to the noise. Recently I think we've all seen the value of not sharing absolutely every last scrap of information online but I'll def. try and get something going this week.

sky blue john

We shall see...

Then you wasted 6 hours really we have heard it all before. Probably be a waste of time putting it in print.
Actions speak louder than words !!!

duffer

Fair play here to Rob. I don't care if we don't hear too much about it, as long as there's some pressure being brought to bear and the chance of a meeting.

Stick at it mate. :)

sky blue john

Fair play here to Rob. I don't care if we don't hear too much about it, as long as there's some pressure being brought to bear and the chance of a meeting.

Stick at it mate. :)

Next time Rob of knock off Kcic has a six hour chat with Joy, can you please tell her the fans have been down this road before !!
I'm sorry but Sisu have been making statements and doing interviews for the last 18 months. The subjects have been new stadium, the JR illegal loan & plan A /B talks to return to the Ricoh !!
It's been all bullshit nothing has happened. Since we have been at sixfields I challenge anyone to find any truth from Sisu in any of the interviews or statements ????

RoboCCFC90

I hope this happens but until I see it written down somewhere and stated as fact I will remain pessimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olderskyblue

It's not too surprising that ML couldn't organise a meet with KCIC, yet the anti council mob get 6 hours with JS.

Gint11

The minute we are back at the Ricoh Ill be in block 15 with my new shirt, Season ticket in hand champing at the bit whether SISU are in charge or not. I just want my club home.

Otis

Find this whole thing ridiculous.

We are considering playing short term at a ready built, purpose made stadium for Coventry City that is in Coventry, while we build a much smaller, cheap build stadium outside Coventry?

:facepalm:

Surely the only goal here should be to play short term on an interim deal at the Ricoh Arena while a long term or ownership situation is negotiated.

Can't believe the owners are still banging on about a new stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread