Fisher: Why Andy had to go (2 Viewers)

It is wildly optimistic to suppose that the main talking point of the forum will be extinct when there are interviews about him in the press and he has been sacked a mere handful of days ago. I just know that everyone on here is looking forward to forgetting about him, concentrating on our team, the new squad and season, the new manager... so I will get in early and state that our new permanent manager will be shit. This will be my position for the next year and you are all either with me or against me.

Thorn. He's gone he will not be back. The majority support the decision. That is that but people who continue to support are tiresome.

It won't go away every win will be greeted with snide asides as to who scouted the players.

Let's see what thorn does next. That will be the true measure how good he is.

It was a joke, I am far too subtle.

* EDIT - I am tempted to ask 'what if he comes back as a scout' with a wry smile on my face, but it will provoke further pages. So it is dropped. Move along, nothing to see here.

ccfc_Tom

MMM, it is based on last season too. Saying it isn't the issue is purely to back up your post and go off on one about percentages.

Back in the real world it is based on last season. This is clear to see.
Do you honestly think if we got a new manager in the summer he'd be gone by now?

good point

hill83

It is wildly optimistic to suppose that the main talking point of the forum will be extinct when there are interviews about him in the press and he has been sacked a mere handful of days ago. I just know that everyone on here is looking forward to forgetting about him, concentrating on our team, the new squad and season, the new manager... so I will get in early and state that our new permanent manager will be shit. This will be my position for the next year and you are all either with me or against me.

I'm giving him 3 games before I pass judgement.

CCFCSteve

This certainly seems absolutely ridiculous but Joe Elliott said AT flipped his lid at after the Bury game as the club refused to pay for the traditional post match drinks for Peter Shirtliff and the visiting coaches and he had to send someone to Tesco to buy the drinks himself. Apparently it's symptomatic of the way they are running the club but on this occasion he was so embarrassed by the lack of respect this showen for the visiting back room staff he had a go...

It's a pretty entertaining (depressing) suggestion, anyway! :D :)()

Good old Tescos, never fails to get a mention in the rumours !!!!

The fact is in isolation 3 games doesnt appear long enough to give a manager but coupled with the same issues of not holding onto a lead and
possibly what they were seeing on the training pitch to address these issue, possibly it was.

As Ive said on other posts I liked AT as a bloke; decent and commited enough, working in extremely difficult circumstances last season. Having said that most managers in his shoes wouldve gone either before the end, or at the end, of last season. Maybe SISU shouldve appointed someone new in the summer but they gave AT a chance to get off to a flyer and he didnt. not only that but they were seeing the same mistakes and issues as last season, not changing tactics/personel before its too late.

Someone mentioned no football expertise at board level. Thats why Waggotts was brought in and to be fair since he and Fisher (whatever you think of him) have come in the club appears to be run a little bit better (cant get any worse than Ken the Tw*t !)

davebart

I know as a fan you have to view your own team through rosy spectacles but surely I can't be the only one who saw what happened in the close season 2011 and thought - we are going down. It would have been a miracle on a par with the raising of Lazarus for Thorn to have kept us in the division after Juke departed.

Even so it is customary to try out a new manager before you get relegated. It has worked for City many many times in the past.

It makes very little sense to build a squad for someone else to take on. No one else does that - not in this country.

I hope all of you are not judged on such tight performance schedules in your jobs as 360 minutes of someone else's endeavour (the players in this instance).

by the way - I always thought it was a strange decision to promote a player scout to become manager. that is far a more pertinent behind the scenes factor.

shmmeee

I hate it when people refer to any metaphor as middle management speak.

I like Fisher, seems open and honest enough for me.

Mucca Mad Boys

It seems to me reading this in CET (online) that AT was going to get sacked but he demanded "X, Y and Z then things will change, they didn't, the board noticed, and RIGHTLY sacked him.

dongonzalos

He was hardly going to come out and say that the players were all really happy! Kilbane is probably aware that if a new manager comes in, he might want to choose his own captain. Will want to come across as diplomatic and in touch with the players...

He did not have to say anything about Thorn. He was not asked about it and said that the players are disappointed and now have to move on. If he didnt rate or like Thorn he does not have to pass comment.

dongonzalos

What else did Kilbane say?

That the players have to move on. The board make their decision, whether you agree with them or not it is their club to run. You cant get caught up in it too much.
That for the sake of continuity Shaw and Carsley are good for the club

Grendel

That the players have to move on. The board make their decision, whether you agree with them or not it is their club to run. You cant get caught up in it too much.
That for the sake of continuity Shaw and Carsley are good for the club

In other words a casual shrug of the shoulder - not as you implied.

dongonzalos

In other words a casual shrug of the shoulder - not as you implied.

I dont have to imply anything. He said word for word. "The players are dissapointed Thorn was sacked"

If I am going to imply anything. I would imply

He would like to say it is a stupid decision, most the players think it is a stupid decision. It is their club we can't do anything about the decisions they make so we have to just get on with it.
Good job we have Shaw and Carsley are about for a bit of continuity as we were going in the right direction.

Thats if you want me to imply. That is what he meant, by what he said

Grendel

I dont have to imply anything. He said word for word. "The players are dissapointed Thorn was sacked"

If I am going to imply anything. I would imply

He would like to say it is a stupid decision, most the players think it is a stupid decision. It is their club we can't do anything about the decisions they make so we have to just get on with it.
Good job we have Shaw and Carsley are about for a bit of continuity as we were going in the right direction.

Thats if you want me to imply. That is what he meant, by what he said

This (sorry Macca)

The reason the debate rumbles on.

Provocative remarks with no foundation.

dongonzalos

“What goes on at board room level can’t affect you as players,” he said reflecting on a difficult few days.

“We know the personnel has changed at the top – the manager has gone – and we are all disappointed with that but I think now we have to move forward and we began that with a good response from everyone against Birmingham.

Asked if the current incumbents should be given the job on a full-time basis, the experienced Irish international said: “The only thing you think about is from a stability point of view you would say, yes of course, but it’s not our decision.

“I think it does come into the mindset but if you get too caught up in what’s going on you can end up being undone"

Kilban comments above

You suggested I was implying. At that point I hadn't so I did imply for you

Astute

Kilbane will join the coaching staff should Shaw become manager...

I have said all along that this will happen. Even if we kept AT. It is time to move forward. If we don't bring in an experienced manager we could do worse than stay with who we have.

dongonzalos

I have said all along that this will happen. Even if we kept AT. It is time to move forward. If we don't bring in an experienced manager we could do worse than stay with who we have.

agree, there does seem to be something special about Shaw

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread