Fisher speaks on Robins departure (2 Viewers)

Houdi

I can only presume that the higher salary helped, but I wonder what he would have done if we had beat Yeovil and Crewe.
Well we will never know,but I suspect if we had beaten Crewe 3-0 and were on the verge of a Wembley albeit the JPT,he would probably still be here.Don't forget he is leaving us at the time of back to back home defeats.For all his promise his CV is still bereft of any tangible success.
Go back to the early days of Thorn when he replaced Boothroyd there was generally popular claim for the brand of football he was playing,and not many dissenters for his full time appointment.If Thorn had left 2 years ago after securing our survival from relegation,fans perception of him would becompletely different,to what they are now.

dongonzalos

rev speaks sense

we must play attacking football, this club cannot afford a step backwards ever again

adkins might see potential in taking on a fallen giant but its a long shot

Agree with this squad attacking football is key and either another striker is a priority or bring Cody back to play alongside Leon

Mucca Mad Boys

Grendel...

In fairness to the Rev, Robins DID fill the Ricoh in the piss pot trophy. He has added another 3-4k on the gate, making us one of the best HOME supported teams in L1, and without any doubt, the best away support.

We wouldn't have filled the ground if the tickets were £22, so the people who set the prices deserve more credit, MR just got us there.

Sky Blue Kid

SBTaylor.....We wouldn't have filled the ground if the tickets were £22, so the people who set the prices deserve more credit, MR just got us there.

So what he did pales into insignificance. He didn't do anything spectacular then? He turned our season around, and took us from near certain relegation fodder to being on the cusp of a promotion challenge...No, of course not MR "Just got us there":facepalm:....lmfao "Just got us there"
After saying he has "Sky Blue Blood in his veins" he is definately two faced, and we are well shot of him!

Sky Blue Kid

psssssttt Dongonzalos....

Don't mention twin strikers or 4-4-2 when SBTaylor's around....you know it has GOT TO BE anything other than 4-4-2 God(SBTaylor) says it is, so shhhhhh;)

LilleSkyBlue

Some selected phrases: why do corporate shills talk this way?

Maybe it's something they learn in their Business Studies degrees during the 'Hoodwinking Customers' module.

"The club went through a very rigorous process in appointing Mark..."

"...and felt he was ideally suited to the challenge"

“Mark has been involved in all aspects of club development on and off the field from top to bottom"

"establishing a sustainable future for the club and the very necessary requirement..."

"so that it can access match day revenues to ensure the building of a successful team"

"Mark was fully on board with that requirement"

"to put long term processes and frameworks in place at Ryton to uplift and improve the whole playing side of the club"

"we remain in very good shape behind the scenes"

"Finally, we must now move on. The club comes first. We are acutely aware of the style of manager we want"

“Everyone has been able to see the potential we have here at Coventry City and in the last months we have taken massive strides forward"

sky blue john

why does the club need any other match day revenues they have been rent free for 18months.
I hardly think any extra match day revenues they are not getting equate to the amount not being paid in rent !!!

craigus12

i hope they ignore the majority of fan's pleas to keep on lee carsley when he goes on a decent run as we all know how that panned out

Mucca Mad Boys

SBTaylor.....We wouldn't have filled the ground if the tickets were £22, so the people who set the prices deserve more credit, MR just got us there.

So what he did pales into insignificance. He didn't do anything spectacular then? He turned our season around, and took us from near certain relegation fodder to being on the cusp of a promotion challenge...No, of course not MR "Just got us there":facepalm:....lmfao "Just got us there"
After saying he has "Sky Blue Blood in his veins" he is definately two faced, and we are well shot of him!

What the fuck are you on about? He didn't fill the RICOH that game, the price made the mass demand for the game.

Of course he turned our season around, but it had little affect on attendances - fact.

I was saying he just got us to that round of the JPT.

elephanttears

Mark Robbins leaving is just another example of showing us there is no loyalty in football from players or managers. Yet they expect loyalty from fans, people are not stupid and this is the reason they dont get the support they could.

He signed a three year contract and has walked 5 months in to it for a better offer, probably for more money. For him to do it at this stage of the season knowing the hard times the club has gone through is a total disgrace and he will know deep down that he had kicked us in the balls. He is a young manager with a long career ahead of him he could have stayed until the end of the season. I personally think he is a coward, he has seen the results have not gone our way recently, were probably out of the jpt and were probably not going to make the play offs now and he will have know this. He has thought if i go now it looks as though i have done a good job on the surface of it.

This happens to Coventry fans time and time again, being let down big players leaving to our local rivals etc. I understand that this is the way of the world but Jesus Christ just a bit of loyalty please.

Mucca Mad Boys

psssssttt Dongonzalos....

Don't mention twin strikers or 4-4-2 when SBTaylor's around....you know it has GOT TO BE anything other than 4-4-2 God(SBTaylor) says it is, so shhhhhh;)

I probably would favour pretty much any popular formation over 4-4-2 to be honest with you.

4-5-1, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 (modern modification on 4-4-2), 4-4-1-1, the diamond* are all better formations.

*Not a Thorn diamond, he was a disgrace to that formation and it has had success, Fergie has played it this season, Italy and other Italian teams favour it, Norwich has had success with it.

ccfcway

What the fuck are you on about? He didn't fill the RICOH that game, the price made the mass demand for the game.

Of course he turned our season around, but it had little affect on attendances - fact.

I was saying he just got us to that round of the JPT.

what happened to the mass demand for the Burton game, as the prices for that were £5 for that as well ?

We would have filled the place if it was £20 a ticket, The demand came from the potential to see us actually win something for the 1st time since the war

stupot07

I don't want to hear what Robins has to say, i don't want to hear or see him again.

No doubt come saturday he'll be saying to Huddersfield fans he has blue and white stripped blood.

Lets move on,just get the next appointment right Fisher, you've seen what an attacking attractive team can do,it fills up the Ricoh thats what, so don't bring in someone whose failed before and who plays boring brain numbing football, because he'll fail again playing boring brain numbing football.

Over to you Steve/Tim

The Rev
Yep the Ricoh looked v full at the last league home game, and the one before that, and the one before that......

Sky Blue Kid

*Not a Thorn diamond, he was a disgrace to that formation and it has had success, Fergie has played it this season, Italy and other Italian teams favour it, Norwich has had success with it.

What the fuck you on about....Come into the real world...this CCFC were talking about, not fucking Man u. or fucking Italian teams, or the tractor boys love rivals FFS!!!
What a prick you look pal "Thorn's diamond was a disgrace"........A fucking diamond is a diamond is a...you get my drift?
now I'll say this really slow, just for you.......We..do..not..have..the..quality..to..play..the..diamond..like..Man u..the..Italians..or..Norwich....especially with Clarke up front. McG was a different class, so it worked then. Formations need to be changed to make the opposition counter what we do not the other way round.:facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

what happened to the mass demand for the Burton game, as the prices for that were £5 for that as well ?

We would have filled the place if it was £20 a ticket, The demand came from the potential to see us actually win something for the 1st time since the war

It's in your answer.., Burton! :laugh:

I've already gone over this, chance of Wembley, complimented with a £5 price tag, you can't go wrong.

I know just as many people who went to go to that game because there was a chance of Wembley than to actually support that team, I know a lot of people who went but don't support CCFC.

Covstu

Lets face it, we will never fill up the Ricoh consistently, when we were in the premier league we couldnt do this so why would anything change now!

SISU would be as gutted as we are in this, MR has scuppered their plans (whatever they are!) and they wont like it. I think they are clear about what type of manager they want in the club but i dont think it will be a 'fans favourite', MR certainly wasnt when he was appointed.

Covstu

We wouldn't have filled the ground if the tickets were £22, so the people who set the prices deserve more credit, MR just got us there.

This made me smile, MR walked on water on Monday and his tactics and passion got us to the area final and where we are in the league! Now all of a sudden he 'just got us there'. Amazing what a few days can do...

coundonskyblue

<p>
Lets face it, we will never fill up the Ricoh consistently, when we were in the premier league we couldnt do this so why would anything change now!</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>SISU would be as gutted as we are in this, MR has scuppered their plans (whatever they are!) and they wont like it. I think they are clear about what type of manager they want in the club but i dont think it will be a 'fans favourite', MR certainly wasnt when he was appointed.

Emm it wasn't built when we were in the prem ;)

We would sell out at least 7 games a season, man utd, Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea, man city, villa, wba. Games against Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle would all bring in 28k plus.

The Reverend Skyblue

Yep the Ricoh looked v full at the last league home game, and the one before that, and the one before that......

So attendances under Robins did not increase,of course they did, so hence the Ricoh was more full.I did not say it would be FULL, but the ground would be MORE FULL, (it fills up).

I wish people would actually read the post they try to criticise, as if they don't they look stupid.

The Rev

torchomatic

WHich war is that then? Desert Storm?

The demand came from the potential to see us actually win something for the 1st time since the war

torchomatic

Has the HT press conference happened yet?

Lamptey

This has been said a few times already, but Mark Robins wasnt the messiah (I have been gulity of thinking that), instead he was just a good manager.... who instilled discipline, got the player fitness up to where it should be and some sort of a gameplan. This is compared the years of shite we have had to endure, starting with giving the ginger goblin his first managers job, and using coventry to make all his mistakes. Hopefully we can get in another 'proper' manager in to carry on the good work. Grayson fits this bill I think, but would love an up and coming manager who isnt going to feck off....

Having your manager poached hurts doesnt it! new feeling for us coventry fans , but again just shows how bad other managers have been.

skybluedan

Just hope we had a clause saying he has to sign Leon Clarke from us if he leaves

Users who are viewing this thread