Fisher on Talksport (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Wasps just got a mention they won’t allow any negativity towards them. They don’t need a deal etc. Interesting

Flying Fokker

I reckon 10-12k is about right. Especially in the championship, we’ll get some more fans back and the away teams will be bringing at least 2-3k
Not many fans will join the crowd at St Andrews. It’s very wishful thinking that this is about the football. Keep Cov in Cov.

Hobo

I wish he hadn't crawled out of the woodwork.

Flying Fokker

The crowd was rising just before the lockdown. When we start playing derby, West Ham, Villa etc - the average will be 10-12k

Hmm. I forgot that the away teams take a lot. West Ham for example. Good call. There will not be many extra city fans until we are back in Cov.

Flying Fokker

Our fans will be 8-10k depending on team, like I said 10-12k is about right

You’re plucking figures out of nowhere. All I can consider is the masses of fans who refuse to go, are no longer motivated, have gone off their back legs, support Liverpool now, only turn up for Wembley, really want to see their team in Cov so fuck West Ham and Derby games at St. Andrews, hate SISU, Wasps, The Council, Football. Covid 19, People. queues, driving to Birmingham on a wet Week day. Have no money, no job, no love for the club.

There goes. Happy days.[/QUOTE]

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

T
You’re plucking figures out of nowhere. All I can consider is the masses of fans who refuse to go, are no longer motivated, have gone off their back legs, support Liverpool now, only turn up for Wembley, really want to see their team in Cov so fuck West Ham and Derby games at St. Andrews, hate SISU, Wasps, The Council, Football. Covid 19, People. queues, driving to Birmingham on a wet Week day. Have no money, no job, no love for the club.

There goes. Happy days.
[/QUOTE]
do you gave bigger issues then SISU? You didn’t think we’d get 10-12k. I’m not plucking figures if you follow the trend before lockdown the figures are about right.

do we need to come back to Coventry? Yes we do- but I don’t want them to come back to any deal - I’d rather stay in brum than return on a shit deal

No deal is better than a bad deal

Flying Fokker

I firmly believe Sisu have started to convince many of us that they do know what they are doing... getting rid of this greasy prick would certainly convince me further.

I agree. They just need to get over the line with the most important part now. It still leaves a nasty taste in the mouth that they should leave the city twice...That is their biggest failure. Anyone remember the Crewe game? That was a few years ago now. The potential was there.

Flying Fokker

do you gave bigger issues then SISU? You didn’t think we’d get 10-12k. I’m not plucking figures if you follow the trend before lockdown the figures are about right.

do we need to come back to Coventry? Yes we do- but I don’t want them to come back to any deal - I’d rather stay in brum than return on a shit deal

No deal is better than a bad deal[/QUOTE]
Ha. Where have I heard that before? You’re right of course but they may have lost millions through alienating fans. They clearly had a plan and it is creditable that the fans stick with it.

Liquid Gold

We got 7k at home to Sunderland at 12pm on a Sunday live on Sky.
We got nearly 8k on a tuesday night when it was snowing buckets against Rotherham.

We'd easily get 10k home fans at St Andrews next season and away fans would number a hell of a lot more.

no_loyalty

Anyone remember the Crewe game? That was a few years ago now. The potential was there.

On the flip side of that we didn't get many at the Checkatrade semi final against Wycombe, or the league two playoff semi final against Notts County.

Frostie

Does anyone have the time or patience to correct this Berk?
I'm losing the will to live...

Apparently we were getting gates of 2000 at St Andrews but it would have been 18k at the Ricoh

Gibbo

So why do the interview then?
I doubt if he wanted to, TS got him on. As a rule you don't refuse when asked as people will smell a rat, whether there is one or not. Just go on, play a straight bat, and get through to the other side unscathed without committing to something you cannot deliver. He's done that before, sounds like he did it again. I'm sure if there was some stonkingly good news, he would have been out there already with it.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Apparently we were getting gates of 2000 at St Andrews but it would have been 18k at the Ricoh

Guy is a massive twat. Constantly makes things up and then gets fuming when he’s called out on it

Sky Blue Pete

I doubt if he wanted to, TS got him on. As a rule you don't refuse when asked as people will smell a rat, whether there is one or not. Just go on, play a straight bat, and get through to the other side unscathed without committing to something you cannot deliver. He's done that before, sounds like he did it again. I'm sure if there was some stonkingly good news, he would have been out there already with it.
I’m not so sure I think maybe he was wanting wasps to put their money where there public statements are

Magwitch

Fisher as vague as ever didn’t really expect any difference he has to have some sort of hold on Sepalla, is he an investor perhaps ? He talks of our owners, so who apart from dear Joy are our owners ?
I thought White was better this time didn’t dwell on our on the pitch success but got straight into the ground issue which seemed to put Fisher on the back foot a bit, some inaccuracies but at least White kept Fison the stadium theme just don’t know where we go from here to be honest

Non season ticket support wasn’t much more than 3000 plus away support. Playing at Birmingham I reckon cost us atleast £100k every home game.

clint van damme

Does the number of away fans in the Championship make B'ham less painful?

we're probably still talking about average crowds 50 percent less than the Ricoh.
The other problem is if we do return we need a longer deal than a year otherwise we are going to have to play to a budget that allows for relegation and playing at St.Andrews the season after next .

Liquid Gold

I can't, he blocked me after I showed him up to be a complete bullshitter.

shmmeee

Probably would’ve hit 7k average at St Andrews over a full season, maybe more if we had a sell out for the title winning game but let’s say 7. +30% for promotion Id say 9-10k average in the Championship.

vs at the Ricoh, 12.5k in 18/19, +10% last season = around 14k, +30% promotion that’s 17-18k

Roughly £10/game income per ticket, difference of say 8k per game that’s 80k x 23 = 1.84m in tickets, maybe same again in merch and the like. Add in £1m/year rent at SA.

So by my reckoning any deal which is less than say £4m a season rent at the Ricoh is commercially beneficial.

As a reminder we were paying £300k apparently in 2018/19.

Can we stop the idea that this is a commercial decision?

Sky Blue Pete

Probably would’ve hit 7k average at St Andrews over a full season, maybe more if we had a sell out for the title winning game but let’s say 7. +30% for promotion Id say 9-10k average in the Championship.

vs at the Ricoh, 12.5k in 18/19, +10% last season = around 14k, +30% promotion that’s 17-18k

Roughly £10/game income per ticket, difference of say 8k per game that’s 80k x 23 = 1.84m in tickets, maybe same again in merch and the like. Add in £1m/year rent at SA.

So by my reckoning any deal which is less than say £4m a season rent at the Ricoh is commercially beneficial.

As a reminder we were paying £300k apparently in 2018/19.
That’s the sort of thing Tf would need to answer for me if a deal can’t be done. Good analytics

Users who are viewing this thread